Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Baby Colic

WorkerBee

At the health store, homeopathic remedies...Hylands. They will help you in determining which one. Homeopathic has no side affects and is very safe. My daughter ate them like she needed them to breath. You can dissolve them in milk/water and spoon feed or put them in baby's mouth and they dissolve on their own. Pick some Hylands up for yourself.

Other items I tried....driving, vacuum cleaner and a lot of red wine and prayer. ;) Remember, this too shall pass - and like birth --- you will forget.

At the health store, homeopathic remedies...Hylands. They will help you in determining which one. Homeopathic has no side affects and is very safe. My daughter ate them like she needed them to breath. You can dissolve them in milk/water and spoon feed or put them in baby's mouth and they dissolve on their own. Pick some Hylands up for yourself.

Other items I tried....driving, vacuum cleaner and a lot of red wine and prayer. ;) Remember, this too shall pass - and like birth --- you will forget.

ummm....the red wine......for me or the baby? ha ha. Waaa Waa Waaa! Thanks guys!

My daughter had severe colic when she was a baby-twenty six years ago. My dad would go cut sassafras and boil it, and give it it her in a bottle with a drop of peppermint in it. She would calm down immediately. I had also had a very hard labor and she had been forced to come C-Section. Someone suggested that she might have been in a bad position during labor, and it may have caused her back to be out of place. We took her to a chiropractor and he did a few small adjustments, and that really helped. I had never heard of that before but it did help. Putting both of the remedies together really was a life saver after so many nights and days of walking the floor with her!

Neither of my two children had colic but my granddaughter does. :( We are currently on the super expensive formula, Karo syrup, and Mylicon, Gripe water special bottles. Any other suggesions? Tried and true methods? Ha, I know this post is waaaay off topic but we need help!

Lay the baby across your knees and gently bounce . There is trapped gas inside its stomach and will not release. This helps when my kids were babys

As a parent, my girls were like that as well. The trapped gas inside is the prob, but they can not tell you that. My God father is a chiropractor and said he could fix it. As a child of chiropractic, for all of my sports years and now that I am gettin old, I agreed to it. He laid her across his hands, and pushed and tapped on her back, and then VOILA... Huge fart and a happy baby. Also after feeding put her up right and tap on the vertabre that protrudes the most with a light tapping motion to help the bubbles down and the nerves and vertabre to re-align. Worked great for both of mine as I was amazed!! Good Luck.. God Bless the baby!!

Roll RV :woot:

Oh yeah.. Soy formula and mylicon drops too help!!

I don't know from experience because my little girl doesn't have colic, but I remember reading somewhere that a good swaddling goes a long way. Something about the baby's "4th trimester" and needing to "get out of their own way"...worth a shot anyway. Good luck!

If your granddaughter is anything like my son, you're outta' luck. The only thing that worked for me was to hold him, swaddle and hold. He would cry most of the day until he was just over a year. I learned a great deal of patience and now that it is over with, I appreciate his happiness that much more! If you want to help, babysit as much as possible and allow your kids to get a break often :D

Edited by 40oz

If it's not reflux then maybe experiment with different bottles...unless she is being nursed.

My oldest had awful gas and was FUSSY with colic and would projectile spit up across the couch. Changed his bottle to Dr. Browns and it took care of all the fussiness. It may be that he outgrew it but I used the Dr. Brown bottles exclusively for my 2 daughters and didn't have any colic or spit up issues.