Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

HEY! Look at this line in a new Gazette Law posted today!

fnbplanet

Please everyone calm yourself. . check the date at the bottom. 1978

I'll calm myself when I'm sitting by the pool in Vegas with a fufu drink in my hand. The point is not that the original law was writtem 34 years ago, it's that their constitutional scholars and clerics who review these laws VERRRRRRY carefully before they are entered in the gazette (it really IS a big deal when something is posted there) went over this RECENTLY PASSED law word for word, number by number, purposely posted this yesterday. Accountants and members of the judiciary check numbers and the legality of punishments before posting. Why do you think it takes so much time to get things done?

If we need an adult in the room, we'll run an ad for one.

Edited by fnbplanet
  • Upvote 1

I'll calm myself when I'm sitting by the pool in Vegas with a fufu drink in my hand. The point is not that the original law was writtem 34 years ago, it's that their constitutional scholars and clerics who review these laws VERRRRRRY carefully before they are entered in the gazette (it really IS a big deal when something is posted there) went over this RECENTLY PASSED law word for word, number by number, purposely posted this yesterday. Accountants and members of the judiciary check numbers and the legality of punishments before posting. Why do you think it takes so much time to get things done?

Thanks fnbplanet!

***///

TAMPA - did you see any correlation betwixt my post and sparta's queerly (odd) rant...?

Did I miss something there....? :blink:

Just got back from the VA Hospital and am a little under the influence...

If he's dissing me, I need a back up team because I'm in a prescription stew over here :wacko:

P.S. I un-negged you. Whoever did that - it was uncalled for! :angry:

I have no clue what is going on, but just wanted to tell you that I hope you are doing and feeling well. Welcome home, my friend. Take good care of yourself. We have an RV coming, so we have a lot of living to do as we make some pretty big holes in the piles of money we'll have when that happens. haha

Thanks fnbplanet. Don't forget the little umbrella for you drink. I will have one waiting for you in LV.

Good find but not certain it has any creedence. Translation indicates that it was published in 1978 and the person who signed off on it, Ahmed Hassan al-Bakr died in 1982. Hope they're just piggybacking on it, but I'm afraid this was a pre-war law that applied to the rates Saddam utilized.

Anyway, that's how I read it... anyone who can offer another explanation- please do so b/c I'm certainly ready for the RV.

God's speed all and, as always, go RV.

So....in 1978 one dinar was worth $3.37. Wouldn't that be nice?

Thank you I just read the whole thread and was wondering just that very thing. if there is a connection, and I hope there is, that will be the important factor. The rest of the off topic gargon made me laughed so hard. You got to stand back and try to look in with an open mind and boy is it funnylaugh.gif

It's a mystery that we get to ponder from the comfort of our own homes while they are struggling mightily to move forward out of entire deep history of doing things in a completely different manner than our country based on a history from the British of doing things in a much more controlled manner of getting things done. That being said anyone who would like to go see "Iron Lady" an interesting take on looking at the life of Margaret Thatcher will testify to footage of quite horrid behavior by many people just in the 70's and 80's as a PM attempted to shift what was soon to be a bankrupt once great country. We look from our myopic interests of how it will impact our lives financially without having to face having come out from under an insane ruler being under occupation by a country that it is not clear to me did not go into Iraq just for oil and gold, and is still living under horrid living conditions while ego maniacs fight about power. Ultimately, I am giving a shout out to anyone who chooses to look at the forward progress this war torn country is making and how when the time is right in ways that we have no idea what actual forces are informing this RV/RI that somehow we on this site no matter what our personal political and religious views are will be given wealth and therefore a personal responsibility to assist the planet and her population as a whole towards more ease and peace for all. I have stepped off the soapbox and gone to put my white cape in the dry cleaners. Happy Sunday.