Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Looks like Monday they vote on the budget

What is your evidence that this is happening?

i will not do your homework, but there are multiple articles stating that the cbi was buying back dinar for u.s.d, if you look you will find it, there was about 5 of them.

Welcome back nawty1, hey have you seen the articles on the Gold discovery in Iraq, could be the largest in the world and one says it is for sure.

Here's one of them;

This one has an agenda attached to it but the point is being made is the reason I'm on it now.

http://dinarvets.com...g-of-war-lifts/

You're right it started the lifting or as Shabibi says removing ...

Shabibi said they were ready June 22, 2011 and that is when it begain...

there gold find is great, can give the dinar more support.

i will e-mail you this weekend.

• Upvote 1

ame='dvforumuser' date='17 February 2012 - 01:42 PM' timestamp='1329507767' post='857901']

i will not do your homework, but there are multiple articles stating that the cbi was buying back dinar for u.s.d, if you look you will find it, there was about 5 of them.

there gold find is great, can give the dinar more support.

i will e-mail you this weekend.

You have a good point why would we do their homework to help them prove their point...classic..

Nawty1, look forward in receiving your e-mail. I have some other info for you too.

Edited by Stryker365

The CBI has used auctions to both buy and sell IQD for dollars. But, overall the supply according to the CBI has gone up. I am not aware of any articles (not counting dinar site posts) saying the IQD supply has been greatly reduced. With all the journalists running around Iraq no one seems to have noticed that there are no IQD any more. If there really are 10x, let alone 100x fewer IQD on the streets don't you think it would be pretty obvious and hence be reported on? I mean we're not talking about being reduced by 10%, but by 90 % or 99.9%, that's pretty extreme.

You have a good point why would we do their homework to help them prove their point...classic..

If you are the one making a claim, isn't it on you to provide support for that claim? Why is it my homework to find support that what you claim is true? Edited by dvforumuser
  • Upvote 1

The CBI has used auctions to both buy and sell IQD for dollars. But, overall the supply according to the CBI has gone up. I am not aware of any articles (not counting dinar site posts) saying the IQD supply has been greatly reduced. With all the journalists running around Iraq no one seems to have noticed that there are no IQD any more. If there really are 10x, let alone 100x fewer IQD on the streets don't you think it would be pretty obvious and hence be reported on?

Wow I know your new to the site ... But are you new to reading also ???? Please do not hijack this thread !!!! Go read up and then come back less demanding of others Thank you .

• Upvote 1

The CBI has used auctions to both buy and sell IQD for dollars. But, overall the supply according to the CBI has gone up. I am not aware of any articles (not counting dinar site posts) saying the IQD supply has been greatly reduced. With all the journalists running around Iraq no one seems to have noticed that there are no IQD any more. If there really are 10x, let alone 100x fewer IQD on the streets don't you think it would be pretty obvious and hence be reported on?

so whats your point?

i am just stating what the articles stated, they stated that the cbi was buying back dinar for u.s.d, how can you argue that, it says it!!

my college mate from cal-berkeley who works for ernst & young, says that the m1-2 numbers are completely false.

he said that 80% of iraqi's do not have bank accounts, and since the banks rarely loan money that there is no way those numbers are even close to accurate

Not answering for nawty1, he can do that on his own if he choose too but there has been several articles that say that the dinar is hard to find in several areas of Iraq and that there are large amounts of currency held in vaults throughout Iraq....you could use keywords to find them..

The CBI has used auctions to both buy and sell IQD for dollars. But, overall the supply according to the CBI has gone up. I am not aware of any articles (not counting dinar site posts) saying the IQD supply has been greatly reduced. With all the journalists running around Iraq no one seems to have noticed that there are no IQD any more. If there really are 10x, let alone 100x fewer IQD on the streets don't you think it would be pretty obvious and hence be reported on? I mean we're not talking about being reduced by 10%, but by 90 % or 99.9%, that's pretty extreme.

If you are the one making a claim, isn't it on you to provide support for that claim? Why is it my homework to find support that what you claim is true?

You have some homework to do.....luckily it wasnt but a few weeks back.....keep looking the info you need is here....and no its not opinion....they described it in detail....as well as explained how the dinar will be used as petro dollars....one last hint....dont believe everything the CBI says....

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

so whats your point?

i am just stating what the articles stated, they stated that the cbi was buying back dinar for u.s.d, how can you argue that, it says it!!

I'm not claiming otherwise, I'm agreeing that the CBI over the years both bought and sold IQD. They have stated repeatedly that the purpose of the auctions is price stability. But I see no evidence that they are buying up so many IQD that they have redued the supply by 90% let alone 99% (i.e. what would be required for a 10x or 100x RV to be backed by roughly the same amount of dollars they have now).

my college mate from cal-berkeley who works for ernst & young, says that the m1-2 numbers are completely false.

he said that 80% of iraqi's do not have bank accounts, and since the banks rarely loan money that there is no way those numbers are even close to accurate

OK, if you want to take your buddies view over the CBI, that is your choice of course. Note all the articles touting the CBIs dollar reserves that now back more the 100% the IQD, do not say they are backed by more than a 1000%.

Its it just me guys and gals are is there a much larger group of new lopsters on here the last few weeks?

Lol its not so much lopsters as people who have just not done their homework.....they are all like 6 months behind with these questions....OMG! lol

I'm not claiming otherwise, I'm agreeing that the CBI over the years both bought and sold IQD. They have stated repeatedly that the purpose of the auctions is price stability. But I see no evidence that they are buying up so many IQD that they have redued the supply by 90% let alone 99% (i.e. what would be required for a 10x or 100x RV to be backed by roughly the same amount of dollars they have now).

OK, if you want to take your buddies view over the CBI, that is your choice of course. Note all the articles touting the CBIs dollar reserves that now back more the 100% the IQD, do not say they are backed by more than a 1000%.

Dude seriously do some research.....your way off talkin about things that have already been explained in detail.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Wow I know your new to the site ... But are you new to reading also ???? Please do not hijack this thread !!!! Go read up and then come back less demanding of others Thank you .

How am I doing that? Europian asked about the deleting of the zeros and the response he got from Tony was quite one sided. I just offered that the giant RV view is not the only way this phrase is seen. If someone makes a claim, then its perfectly reasonable I think for them to offer support for that claim and not expect others to do so. I may be new to this forum, but I am not new to the dinar nor to the idea of courtesy.
  • Upvote 1

How am I doing that? Europian asked about the deleting of the zeros and the response he got from Tony was quite one sided. I just offered that the giant RV view is not the only way this phrase is seen. If someone makes a claim, then its perfectly reasonable I think for them to offer support for that claim and not expect others to do so. I may be new to this forum, but I am not new to the dinar nor to the idea of courtesy.

Hey Hey Hey .... I did say Please and Thank you !!!! Europian sounds like a true beginner, You sir , not so much !!! You sound very well versed on the subject and the debates ... All I ask , is to keep the correct comments in the correct forums!! Agian I say Thank you

This past Monday they had the second reading I read an article somewhere, so this will be the third reading and hopefully last and passed.

Well then come on boyz... git-r-dun already!!! biggrin.gif Geez... you think they were building a rocket or something... it's just a budget, like that means anything to most govt.!!rolleyes.gif

Come on RV Baby!!!cool.gif

lets hope they do vote on monday, i do not feel that the budget passing will be followed immediately with the revalue, but the budget does pertain to all things financial

i do feel that the budget will spark the hcl, if you think about it, the numbers of the budget are from all oil money, and the hcl is about oil money.

if the kurds agree to the budget, then in retrospect they agree to the hcl, the % allocated to them through the budget will be the same allocated to them through the hcl, so i feel the budget is huge for that reason.

i am sure it is posted on here somewhere, but a few months back the imf had disapproved of the budget, and iraq had to make corrections, it is good to know that iraq and the imf are on the same page.

the imf will have a greater impact on the revalue than some may think, the imf and world bank sent agricultural teams over to iraq in 2009 to survey the land so to speak, they assessed ground totals (oil-natural gas-minerals-gold). i am sure that iraq's new exchange will come from these studies.

i was reading on here that iraq was-is going to follow turkey, well i can assure you from an economic stand point that will not happen, the two situations are night and day, turkey was set back 3-4 years economically, and in the economic world it is known as a disaster.

iraq is doing a great job of reducing street dinar, if they were going to r/d this step would not be needed, what they are currently doing now is "lifting the zero's" off of the street, it in iraqs situation is the smartest thing they could do.

we are alot further along than what the iraqi news is letting on, the "lifting the zero's" step started 8-10 months ago, and in my belief there is only 4-6 or 7 trillion in dinar in circulation, well over 100 billion in foreign reserves, and roughly 35-40 trillion in dinar in cbi's vault.

I agree with you that we're further along than Iraq is letting on, we only know what they want us to know, and I also agree that with all the natural minerals, oil and gas they have could be one of the reasons for the delay, maybe they're arguing about what their currency is really worth, jmo.

Well then come on boyz... git-r-dun already!!! biggrin.gif Geez... you think they were building a rocket or something... it's just a budget, like that means anything to most govt.!!rolleyes.gif

Come on RV Baby!!!cool.gif

Apparently they like to read. :lol:

That is not what Tony said whatsoever. Tony said "when they say deleting the zeros they mean that all the large notes will be taken out of ciculation, like 1000, 5000, 10.000 and 25.000, and they'll be replaced by new currency."

How do you get worthless out of that?

Thanks Carrello, you're always on top of things.

• Upvote 1

I'm sorry guys, but I said on my first post, and I'm telling that all the time, YES, I'm very NEW in all this, that's why I just asking becouse I just want to be good informed about all this, I really don't know much but I'm Trying, knowing that I'm 13 HRS at work....

GREAT THANKS to everybody

P.S. I wish all this to end as we want to end. GO RV!!!!!!

If they only take the 000 note bills out of circulation, then they would not issue a new currency but just new lower denomination bills in the current currency. That is what we HOPE will happen and is the dreamed of giant RV, we're all rich. These new bills and the current ones we hold would all still be IQD, and all use the same exchange rate, whatever that is (currently 1166 IQD/dollar).

Another explanation of course for the "delete the zeros" is that they will re-denominate (an RD), issuing a new currency. The slang "LOP" is used for this, but the proper term is a re-denomination or RD. The new currency has a value 1000x greater then the current IQD and hence is printed in denominations 1000 times less (e.g. 25 instead of 25,000). The design of the new currency (if they RD) will be such that the two currencies will not be confused (different look, different colors, etc). Both currencies would exist side by side for a couple of years. After a year or so merchants no longer have to accept IQD and only will take the new dinars (NID maybe), but the central bank will accept them for another 8 years. No one makes money from this event and the IQD we hold, whose value does not change, will eventually have to be exchanged (likely via the dealers again) for some other currency, USD, or the new dinar, or whatever.

There are some 70 cases of countries executing an RD Europian, just google for it. There are no cases of a 1000x RV ever happening (or a 100x or a 10x).

The question was what they mean about deleting the zeros, not what can happen to their currency.

The question was what they mean about deleting the zeros, not what can happen to their currency.

The two are joined at the hip. The conventional explanation, the one you would get if you asked an economist, of what they mean by "deleting the zeros" is a re-denomination which obviously involves an entirely new currency. We all HOPE they mean something else. I just wanted to make that clear to Europian.

Hey Hey Hey .... I did say Please and Thank you !!!! Europian sounds like a true beginner, You sir , not so much !!! You sound very well versed on the subject and the debates ... All I ask , is to keep the correct comments in the correct forums!! Agian I say Thank you

You're welcome. Perhaps I should have directed Europian to another thread but others had already started answering here so I continued And threads tend to have a life of their own after few pages and often don't stay on the OP topic. As long as we're all respectful, its all good :-).

Dinarck(JMW's lapdog) has re-appeared so it seems. Arguing for the sake of arguing.Best to the rest

Something tells me dvforumuser is not new.

Thanks Nawty1 for Chiming in. Say hello to #2 laugh.gif

Go RV

Ditto that,his approach is eerily the same as some other made for tv reverse pumper. Best to all

M0, the money actually circulating has always been claimed to be around 4 trillion (with M1 ~25T and M2 ~52T). Dinars "owned" as opposed to being on deposit, at the CBI is irrelevant as they can always print however much they want. Now the CBI claims more than 100% backing with their dollar reserves of 60B or so, thus something around 50 trillion dinars is being backed. So how can they raise the value of the IQD by even 10x, which would need 600B USD to back it if 60B USD is doing the job today?

Sir, nobody has evidence. It's common sense. If I had evidence, then I wouldn't be able to exploit it in a forum. Read between the lines, it's not rocket science dude.

Edited by JayLee202

I don't think he taking his Buddies view over the CBI, It just come from the Background that Nawty1 has. You be surprised the knowledge Nawty1 has in Economics's. :D

• Upvote 1