Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Sadrists Hold Rally In Baghdad

k98nights

Sadrists Hold Rally In Baghdad

15/02/2012 16:55

The Sadr Movement flexed its muscle in Baghdad recently by holding a large rally in the streets of the capital on February 10, 2012. The rally was to celebrate the withdrawal of American forces from the country. Moqtada al-Sadr appeared before the crowd on a big screen TV delivering a pre-recorded message he made from Iran claiming that the resistance of his followers had forced the United States to not only depart, but to lose the Iraq War. He also asked the government to release his fighters from prison. Sadr has been making these types of remarks for months now both before and after the U.S. pulled out its troops in December 2011. This is because the Sadr Trend is so wedded to anti-Americanism it cannot give up the rhetoric. That’s why it has been complaining about the large U.S. Embassy staff as if it was the same as having thousands of foreign soldiers in the country. At the same time, the Sadrists have been pushing a coexistence initiative that is supposed to set the dialogue amongst Iraq’s parties after the U.S. withdrawal, have closely supported Prime Minister Nouri al-Maliki, and pushed various populist policies in parliament. These are all the latest attempts by Sadr to fashion his movement into more of a social and political group, and away from its militia. The last time he tried to do this during the first Maliki administration, Sadr failed miserably. Only time will tell whether he learned anything from that first experience.

RY/Aknews

http://www.aknews.com/en/aknews/8/290188/

This is no surprise that Sadr would say these things about the US, and especially from the remote safe haven of Iran, but what I find interesting about this article is that it has translated into perfect English. From experience, I have seen these Arabic news sites are written for Arabs, by Arabs, and the translations, as we all know, are difficult. I find it curious when we see one that translated perfectly into English. Randalin had said that there is a battery of American writers in the Green Zone, and that would suggest there is "news" our government would like us to understand, and obviously they think we are reading Arabic news.

"al-Sadr appeared before the crowd on a big screen TV delivering a pre-recorded message he made from Iran claiming that the resistance of his followers had forced the United States to not only depart, but to lose the Iraq War"

Is this guy still standing? Maliki has Hashemi arrested for terrorism, but Sadr has openly admitted to terrorism. And continues to threaten. How does that work? Are the clergy exempt from prosecution also?

Double standards. Sadr needs to carry his bahoka back to Iran. Stay out of the affairs of Iraq. With those kind of folks, it can take them decades to retrain the folks to love on another. He teaches hatred.

"al-Sadr appeared before the crowd on a big screen TV delivering a pre-recorded message he made from Iran claiming that the resistance of his followers had forced the United States to not only depart, but to lose the Iraq War"

Is this guy still standing? Maliki has Hashemi arrested for terrorism, but Sadr has openly admitted to terrorism. And continues to threaten. How does that work? Are the clergy exempt from prosecution also?

Double standards. Sadr needs to carry his bahoka back to Iran. Stay out of the affairs of Iraq. With those kind of folks, it can take them decades to retrain the folks to love on another. He teaches hatred.

100% agree with you on this and your right I've read several articles that say he is a terrorist leader to a terrorist group and someone needs to shut him up for good...

Sadr needs to meet Jesus Christ. End of story.

It's not Jesus this idiot will meet when his time comes...JMHO.

Some day soon he will. I hope he has a pleasant experience,But I'm kinda doubting it :(

I doubt it too. What is really sad is he prays on the youth. Not once have I ever seen that man without pointing in anger, or peering his eyes upward. Plan evil.

Sadr needs to meet Jesus Christ. End of story.

He needs to sit in on Matthew 5. (sermon on the mount)

He sits at the best places at feast

Take the best seats at church

He's not meek

Not merciful

and so on etc etc

This is no surprise that Sadr would say these things about the US, and especially from the remote safe haven of Iran, but what I find interesting about this article is that it has translated into perfect English. From experience, I have seen these Arabic news sites are written for Arabs, by Arabs, and the translations, as we all know, are difficult. I find it curious when we see one that translated perfectly into English. Randalin had said that there is a battery of American writers in the Green Zone, and that would suggest there is "news" our government would like us to understand, and obviously they think we are reading Arabic news.

Very good point Carrello.

I also agree with you on this. All I can figure is he never leaves his house and he has the protection of thousands. I know they would like to get rid of him, but he holds power with the young, if they move to take him down it would be chaos. Right now they have to put up with his crap and get the country on its feet. They cannot afford any more political back lash.

yota it was also Sadr's group of lopsters that took over 40 of my Reputations from the time I logged off until I logged on this morning........you know it amazes me that people have no respect for those that try to help others...

We know who will not be coming to Texas for a Big Texas BBQ…

I wanna invite for the BBQ!!! :D