Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

25M uncirculated 25K IQD for sale @ $1000/M

dvforumuser

I've decided to take my loss and exit this ride. I have 25M I bought from DinarBanker about a year ago. $1000 per million IQD so $2,500 per 100 note pack of uncirculated 25k notes (2.5M iQD). I live in the SF bay area so if you're not too far away we can do a deal in person, but UPS/FEDEX works too. In the latter case I'll need to have your funds clear before sending the IQD. Contact me at dvforumemail@gmail.com .

-john

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Note while I would prefer multiples of 2.5M (I'd prefer to sell the whole 25M to one person) single M's are ok too, but not less than 1M per transaction. Fresh dianrs get'em while they last! :-)

Also I do not suggest using paypal as it costs more then just sending me a check and waiting for it to clear. But if you want to anyway, then the price will go up to $1030 to cover their $30 fee. UPS/Fedex is on me.

Edited by dvforumuser

• 3 weeks later...

Just trying to help you. You can't send the Dinars through UPS or FedEx. They won't ship currency and they won't insure it either. I know I received my Dinars from DinarTrade via FedEx, but they must have a special deal because they are a licensed trader ( and probably worked out shipping and insurance ahead of time ). You can ship in registered mail and insure it through the Post Office. They don't ask what is inside. I just filled out an insurance slip - no problem.

Looks like they are going like hotcakes......

It seems pretty unpredictable. There was a long pause of nothing and then today it picked up. Just sold another 2.5M again on ebay so only 2.5M to go. The only hassle (well one of them) on ebay is that there seems to be no way to force buyers to take out shipping insurance when they calculate shipping costs despite giant bold letters in my description telling them to do so (so I usually end up picking that up). Ebay's buyer protection will NOT cover you if you do not receive something as long as the seller can show a shipping confirmation. I found that out the hard way a few years ago. It was only for a $200 dollar item but I just never got it. Then things went into the comedy zone

me: I did not receive my purchase

ebay: the seller has proof of shipment

me: yes but your guarantee says "pays if you do not receive it"

ebay: but the seller has proof of shipment

me: do you know the difference between receiving and shipping?

ebay: yes sir, but the seller has proof of shipment

me: yes I know he sent it, I believe he sent it, but I did not receive it and your protection plan says "if you do not receive it"

ebay: the buyer has proof that they shipped it

...repeat about a dozen times

I finally got my money refunded when I called up the local TV station (here in silicon valley) and told their consumer affairs desk about the problem. Two days later the refund showed up with a letter saying ebay will never do this again and its only out of the goodness of their heart that they will just this once go against their policy (of screwing people it seems) and give a refund despite the seller having proof of shipment.

SInce then I always insure with UPS . It costs a little less than 1% so not to bad, though it would be nice if the buyers would pay for it as I request. But its just not worth the hassle in case something goes wrong.

• 3 weeks later...

My last 2.5M has been sold. All totaled I sold 10M here (for $1000/M via cashiers check with me paying shipping) and 15M on e-bay (for $1100/M via paypal with buyers paying about 40% of shipping I'd estimate).

Congrats. Depending on when you bought them, you may have even made a little extra. Just out of curiosity, will you be sticking around DVets, and if so, what is the reasoning? Not being smart, just curious by nature.

Best of luck to you.

Congrats. Depending on when you bought them, you may have even made a little extra. Just out of curiosity, will you be sticking around DVets, and if so, what is the reasoning? Not being smart, just curious by nature.

Best of luck to you.

I like trying to get folks to think about things rationally, I changed my mind on this once I woke up from the Koolaid haze, perhaps others will as well. Or I might just forget it all. I really don't know. I suspect my interest will be reduced, but might not go to zero. Good luck to you too!
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

I like trying to get folks to think about things rationally, I changed my mind on this once I woke up from the Koolaid haze, perhaps others will as well. Or I might just forget it all. I really don't know. I suspect my interest will be reduced, but might not go to zero. Good luck to you too!

I hope we don't hear from you. Don't want to hear from non believers.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 7

Also I do not suggest using paypal as it costs more then just sending me a check and waiting for it to clear. But if you want to anyway, then the price will go up to $1030 to cover their $30 fee. UPS/Fedex is on me.

If the buyer sends you paypal but sends it as a 'Gift' (there's an option to do this), no fees are charged. I see you sold everything but for future reference...this is how to circumvent their extortionist fees.

• Upvote 1

If the buyer sends you paypal but sends it as a 'Gift' (there's an option to do this), no fees are charged. I see you sold everything but for future reference...this is how to circumvent their extortionist fees.

I thought this was the case as well but, recently was sending someone some money (non dinar related) and could not manage to find any combination of options that did not have a fee. So maybe I just didn't have the right settings or maybe there is a maximum amount or something.

I think I get this now. It has to be from your paypal balance, and tagged as a gift. So you first have to transfer money from your linked checking account to your paypal account (which can take a couple of days), then make the gift and there should be no charge. Doing an "instant payment" directly from your checking account via paypal does not appear to be the same as paying from from your paypal balance. Likely due to them making a little interest on the couple of days they take to do the transfer.

I've decided to take my loss and exit this ride. I have 25M I bought from DinarBanker about a year ago. $1000 per million IQD so $2,500 per 100 note pack of uncirculated 25k notes (2.5M iQD). I live in the SF bay area so if you're not too far away we can do a deal in person, but UPS/FEDEX works too. In the latter case I'll need to have your funds clear before sending the IQD. Contact me at dvforumemail@gmail.com .

-john

I am not bashing but I say this only as a joke to you. No one likes a quitter :lol: . they say that to smokers trying to quit & alcoholics as well But they quit so why not quit just before this happens I know if I sold off any I would be kicking myself later when I saw how much it RVed at. But you do what you have to do & for your own reasons. don't let people bring you down to there level with the bashing, Keep your head up & I wish you all the best.

• Upvote 1

Really not my problem, I hope that you made $$$, I respect ANDY and his OPINION, here is the problem,

When I am riding on my yacht with lots of COLD BEER, and HALF NAKED Laddies( Notice I said Half) your problems are not mine..... I hope Iraq does what it is supposed to, and also that your pockets are FAT from when you invested... But fact off the matter is, that to some it does not matter... I wish you well FRIEND!! wink.gif

I know you are out of DINAR, but I am still in fer about 2-5 million. and will pay the $$ fer it!!

Bonge03@yahoo.com

Thanks!

• Upvote 1

I am not bashing but I say this only as a joke to you. No one likes a quitter :lol: . they say that to smokers trying to quit & alcoholics as well But they quit so why not quit just before this happens I know if I sold off any I would be kicking myself later when I saw how much it RVed at. But you do what you have to do & for your own reasons. don't let people bring you down to there level with the bashing, Keep your head up & I wish you all the best.

Thanks, and I won't be kicking myself as it is not going to RV to $1, its simply impossible. So since the max return at this point is 10-30% and even that is very unlikely, it made sense to sell off at $1000/M while I could. In the coming months I don't expect that you will even be able to get that. Good luck to you as well! Edited by dvforumuser
  • Upvote 1

Are you serious?

Im glad I dont know any narrow minded people like you!

I reduced my holding below the 100m dinar mark and offloaded 18m back in June/July 2011 and there were folks telling me Óh you must wait until it RVs in July!'

Needless to say it didnt move an inch and we are all still here!

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I think I get this now. It has to be from your paypal balance, and tagged as a gift. So you first have to transfer money from your linked checking account to your paypal account (which can take a couple of days), then make the gift and there should be no charge. Doing an "instant payment" directly from your checking account via paypal does not appear to be the same as paying from from your paypal balance. Likely due to them making a little interest on the couple of days they take to do the transfer.

as a buyer I'd be wary of going the gift route. sure it saves the seller 2.9% so understand a seller may want to do that but as a buyer i believe you have no paypal protectins as your not buying anything your sending money to a friend so it kind of defeats the whole point and protection of using paypal

as a buyer I'd be wary of going the gift route. sure it saves the seller 2.9% so understand a seller may want to do that but as a buyer i believe you have no paypal protectins as your not buying anything your sending money to a friend so it kind of defeats the whole point and protection of using paypal

Good point. And be sure you know what and what isn't covered via Paypal/E-bay (note a post I had on this earlier in this thread).

I sent all the dinars I sold UPS 2Day Air (most in a UPS-Letter cardboard envelope with the dinar vacuum packed), fully insured for 1200/M . For this level of value you have to drop it off at a service center or give it to a driver, and they sign a special form you print out (two copies). Only once did someone at the UPS center ask what it was, and I said memorabilia sold on e-bay. The vacuum packing turns it into a little hard brick (about 2/3s the thickness of a normal 100 note pack) , so it could be lots of things. That insurance more than doubles the shipping cost, but worth it i think. Selling at 1100/M on E-bay paid for e-bay/paypal fees and shipping so I got the 1000/M I was looking for.