Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Central Bank: the dinar recovering and the lid is up $ 60 billion

JustNTime

Yota691.. my apologies if you asked me something and I did not respond. I do not recall seeing a question addressed specifically to me. If you are asking in honest question, and want an honest answer I will be happy to oblige, but if you are going to attack me no matter what answer I give unless it is, "the answer is RV tomorrow", then please do not even bother.. I will be happy to discuss a good point with you though if we can keep it civil and adult like.

here you go provoking people again, now you’re picking on a lady, your a piece of work lopster.

• Upvote 8
  • Downvote 7

So they say they have to enough money in their reserves to cover the currency, and they have at least 60 billion in reserves. I'm assuming this is talking about the cash in circulation and not electronic money?

I know it been 4 months maybe 5 months they been stating 60 billion reserve, I think it Higher then what they say IMO

Hmm... you do nothing but attack me anytime I have anything to say or ask.. please stop the attacks.. and please do not tell me what to do and what I am allowed to ask or say..

I asked Sonny1 the question, and he is smart enough to know how to answer the questions addressed to him, I do not think he needs your input..

You know, I remember a Carly Simon song, "You're so vain." It was about a man that thought everything was about him.

What makes you so sure that my comment has anything to do with you? You assumed it was about you. It could have been about the article, about Sonny and getting more of his input, it could have been many things. But you assume it was about you. Way to go Warren Beatty.

I do not believe I recall when I "attacked" you at any time. Would you remind me, please?. I don't recall ever having a conversation with you. Maybe we have, but it must not have been memorable for me.

Now you insult me by saying I am not "smart enough" to join in on your conversation with Sonny. I know that I do not have the background that Sonny has in this investment. No problem with that. It doesn't interest me that much, or I would be on a par with Sonny, and I do not think Sonny would be threatened by that. He would enjoy the debate and banter, I would imagine.

So, I really don't understand you comments to me, and nor do I care. You are becoming a bad penny around here. You just have no value. Tens is still open, isn't it. You're a hero over there.

• Upvote 7
  • Downvote 5

i know some bang on you in here, but i dont mind you, everyone has there own opinion.

first of all i do not believe that there is 23bn in circ, they have admittingly been reducing the dinar on the streets, and the number i believe is somewhere around 6-8 trillion in dinar out of cbi control.

though it is impossible to know exactly what the true number is, they have been caught in to many lies to believe them.

once the dinar goes up in value all the dinar goes up in value, so no matter what the amount is out of cbi, they can cover it, unless you believe that only the investor's dinar goes up and cbi's doesnt, but i know you know better than that. most of the articles coming out are about how strong the dinar is, and how there moving the exchange rate, this article is a huge puzzle piece, they are acknowledging more and more everyday that this is a done deal.

what the lop crew seems to forget is when the dinar rv's all the dinar rv's, and iraq will make trillions off of this, thats why i do not understand how some people are so dense and actually feel that a rd is possible, if they were to rd they would of done it 4 years ago. the rv is a no-brainer, the big question is when.

this is a great article

Sonny------

, This is what I've said for a year now. If they Rv, who has a lot of dinar? The CBI, that's who! They will make trillions as their own reserves of IQD revalue, as do the trillions "out there" on the streets of Baghdad and around the world. It seemed such a simplistic answer, or partial answer, that I was afraid to ask it. When I did I was shot down, the poster saying I do not know anything about banking...which I don't. Something like: "How can they cover their own money with their own money?" Yet I don't see how it cannot work. They can trade revalued dinar for gold, USD or swiss francs, rand, whatever, and pay off investors who come to them to cash in. Not to mention fractional banking, digital money,e tc.

It's all "funny money" as my father used to say, anyway. Backed by the faith and trust of those who trade in it. Period :D .

• Upvote 1

i know some bang on you in here, but i dont mind you, everyone has there own opinion.

first of all i do not believe that there is 23bn in circ, they have admittingly been reducing the dinar on the streets, and the number i believe is somewhere around 6-8 trillion in dinar out of cbi control.

though it is impossible to know exactly what the true number is, they have been caught in to many lies to believe them.

once the dinar goes up in value all the dinar goes up in value, so no matter what the amount is out of cbi, they can cover it, unless you believe that only the investor's dinar goes up and cbi's doesnt, but i know you know better than that. most of the articles coming out are about how strong the dinar is, and how there moving the exchange rate, this article is a huge puzzle piece, they are acknowledging more and more everyday that this is a done deal.

what the lop crew seems to forget is when the dinar rv's all the dinar rv's, and iraq will make trillions off of this, thats why i do not understand how some people are so dense and actually feel that a rd is possible, if they were to rd they would of done it 4 years ago. the rv is a no-brainer, the big question is when.

this is a great article

Thank you for addressing the question Sonny1.. I appreciate that some are willing to discuss openly.

I do hope that is correct regarding the 6-8 Trillion. Anytime they can say that they have a strong currency where they are protected from the volatility of the surrounding countries, I think that is a great thing for our currency we hold. There is a great document that explains why nations decide to Rd:

http://www.unc.edu/~lmosley/APSA%202005.pdf

I do not think that they would necessarily have done it 4 years ago if they were going to do it, and there has been countries that waited a decade, but that is another topic for another time, if we get into the Rd discussion here, people will for some reason or another get quite upset, so need need to respond on that item.

The real question though, would be if they desire the strength they have today because of the 100% of the reserves, then would even if they only have 8T in circulation, that means they only have about 6.8B total (USD worth) in currency today. If this is true, that would allow them to increase their rate no more than about 8 times higher before their total currency outside the banks is no longer backed 100%. Do you think they would risk that, and go above and beyond that to be able to Rv more than 8x the current rate, and no longer be backed 100% by Fx reserves?

• Upvote 3

SIMILAR ARTICLE FROM TODAY

THEY ACTUALLY SAY REVALUATION OF THE IRAQI DINAR!!!!

Central Bank: GDP of Iraq will rise from 180 to 350 billion dollars after two years

On: Tuesday 02/14/2012 14:54

Baghdad - Mostafa Hashemi

Deputy Central Bank Governor that the circumstances surrounding the neighboring countries do not affect the Iraqi dinar exchange rate.

He confirmed the appearance of Mohammed Saleh told (the citizen) that the strength of the Iraqi dinar is derived from a link Iraq to the global economy. He emphasized that the events taking place in neighboring countries can not affect the currency exchange rate, but are not superficial negligible. Pointing out that the currency's strength also comes from the strength of Iraq's oil exports and how to maintain and invest in real development.

He pointed out that the revaluation of the Iraqi dinar leap large will lead to increase the price of goods to weaken the double. Also can not declare that the dinar will rise and will become the price Doe in order to prevent speculation and if what is left of the Iraqi economy at this pace and increased exports of oil and oil markets is controlled, it will make Iraq a key player in the region and will increase the GDP of Iraq of about $ 180 billion to 350 billion dollars in 2015 and this figure will be reflected on the price of the dinar in a logical yes.

Noting that monetary policy aims to stabilize the external value of the Iraqi dinar exchange rate and at every opportunity to increase economic exchange rate Fsnrfh. Stressing that the Iraqi dinar currency strong and significant as the neighboring country (unnamed) Iraqi dinar traded at Mahalha and its markets as a hard currency at least as important as the U.S. dollar. On the other hand, Saleh said that we are always working to review the controls sale of foreign currency out of the window official (central bank) and Iraq enjoy considerable freedom in the transfer of funds as provided for in Article VIII of the Convention on the International Monetary Fund has allowed Iraq to free current account to purchase goods and services from abroad without restrictions.

He said the obsession as a policy cash application of the law against money laundering, crime and terrorism, and must make it clear that the banking side, embracing the tainted money.

Saleh said that the Iraqi economy is strong despite the lack of diversification of the rentier economy, one-sided and not a defect, Australia Kendatad rentier countries to this day .. What matters is that import rents must be employed in development and economic progress and not in the type of economy.

Saleh expressed his support for the investments of oil in southern Iraq, saying that this will develop the Iraqi economy and not the accumulation of rent, but that the accumulation of rents in other sectors is what we aspire to Kaguetsadaan.

http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&rurl=translate.google.com&sl=ar&tl=en&u=http://www.almowatennews.com/news_view_15585.html

Edited by BBalls
  • Upvote 5

Sonny------

, This is what I've said for a year now. If they Rv, who has a lot of dinar? The CBI, that's who! They will make trillions as their own reserves of IQD revalue, as do the trillions "out there" on the streets of Baghdad and around the world. It seemed such a simplistic answer, or partial answer, that I was afraid to ask it. When I did I was shot down, the poster saying I do not know anything about banking...which I don't. Something like: "How can they cover their own money with their own money?" Yet I don't see how it cannot work. They can trade revalued dinar for gold, USD or swiss francs, rand, whatever, and pay off investors who come to them to cash in. Not to mention fractional banking, digital money,e tc.

It's all "funny money" as my father used to say, anyway. Backed by the faith and trust of those who trade in it. Period :D .

I like the way you Look at that and explained it in such a way the Historians can understand it. :twothumbs:

You know, I remember a Carly Simon song, "You're so vain." It was about a man that thought everything was about him.

What makes you so sure that my comment has anything to do with you? You assumed it was about you. It could have been about the article, about Sonny and getting more of his input, it could have been many things. But you assume it was about you. Way to go Warren Beatty.

I do not believe I recall when I "attacked" you at any time. Would you remind me, please?. I don't recall ever having a conversation with you. Maybe we have, but it must not have been memorable for me.

Now you insult me by saying I am not "smart enough" to join in on your conversation with Sonny. I know that I do not have the background that Sonny has in this investment. No problem with that. It doesn't interest me that much, or I would be on a par with Sonny, and I do not think Sonny would be threatened by that. He would enjoy the debate and banter, I would imagine.

So, I really don't understand you comments to me, and nor do I care. You are becoming a bad penny around here. You just have no value. Tens is still open, isn't it. You're a hero over there.

Carello

I have always enjoyed your thoughtful, incisive posts, your grammar (LOL), intellect, choice of words, and your sense of fairness. You certainly give Jay P. the benefit of the doubt, who is, no doubt, not in your class. I am happy to see these articles, and know the RV is close. I trust Sonny's interpretations of events, and his sense of purpose and clear headedness. Yours too. Keep it up guys.

You know, if they have stopped printing dinar, and have been pulling it in, they can talk about the RV without worry of over-speculation. You can't buy up more than is available. If what's out there is out there, then the door is open for them to discuss the RV - as if it has been a secret....LOL :D

• Upvote 3

Thank you for addressing the question Sonny1.. I appreciate that some are willing to discuss openly.

I do hope that is correct regarding the 6-8 Trillion. Anytime they can say that they have a strong currency where they are protected from the volatility of the surrounding countries, I think that is a great thing for our currency we hold. There is a great document that explains why nations decide to Rd:

http://www.unc.edu/~lmosley/APSA%202005.pdf

I do not think that they would necessarily have done it 4 years ago if they were going to do it, and there has been countries that waited a decade, but that is another topic for another time, if we get into the Rd discussion here, people will for some reason or another get quite upset, so need need to respond on that item.

The real question though, would be if they desire the strength they have today because of the 100% of the reserves, then would even if they only have 8T in circulation, that means they only have about 6.8B total (USD worth) in currency today. If this is true, that would allow them to increase their rate no more than about 8 times higher before their total currency outside the banks is no longer backed 100%. Do you think they would risk that, and go above and beyond that to be able to Rv more than 8x the current rate, and no longer be backed 100% by Fx reserves?

the dinar that cbi has gotten back into cbi rv's as well, so as long as they have more dinar in there vaults than is in circ, they can cover any rv with-in reason. think of it as a loan payment, you pay your loan payment in u.s money, if iraq rv's they will pay for it with there currency.

• Upvote 3

why are you guys getting after each other, we are all in this for 1 reason, to make a few bucks, if you guys-gals dont like each other, dont respond to one another.

i am not saying whos right or wrong, but people come on here to read news, and throw opinions off each other, not read bickering.

cant we all just get along. :rolleyes:

Well said.. anytime anyone questions anything, they instantly are on the attack.. It is a rather strange phenomenon here on this site, and it is a real shame.. the Okie's of the Dinar world love people like that, it helps give them the cover they need to continue doing as they do as long as people like that stop those that dare question anything wanting to bother... I have never seen any investment where people are so quickly attacked for asking the hard questions that we may not like to, but as investors, should explore..

• Upvote 7
  • Downvote 4

why are you guys getting after each other, we are all in this for 1 reason, to make a few bucks, if you guys-gals dont like each other, dont respond to one another.

i am not saying whos right or wrong, but people come on here to read news, and throw opinions off each other, not read bickering.

cant we all just get along. :rolleyes:

Thanks, Sonny, for speaking up. It's getting pretty bad on this site now. I went back and read JayP's posts in this thread and he did not attack anyone and his posts were polite, as in other threads where he has posted. He simply has an opinion that others disagree with so they taunt him so he'll go away. It's worked with a lot of great, knowledgeable posters that could have contributed greatly to this site. Good debates are being replaced with "Go RV" or go away. Unbelievable. <_<

• Upvote 7
  • Downvote 3

SIMILAR ARTICLE FROM TODAY

THEY ACTUALLY SAY REVALUATION OF THE IRAQI DINAR!!!!

Central Bank: GDP of Iraq will rise from 180 to 350 billion dollars after two years

On: Tuesday 02/14/2012 14:54

Baghdad - Mostafa Hashemi

Deputy Central Bank Governor that the circumstances surrounding the neighboring countries do not affect the Iraqi dinar exchange rate.

He confirmed the appearance of Mohammed Saleh told (the citizen) that the strength of the Iraqi dinar is derived from a link Iraq to the global economy. He emphasized that the events taking place in neighboring countries can not affect the currency exchange rate, but are not superficial negligible. Pointing out that the currency's strength also comes from the strength of Iraq's oil exports and how to maintain and invest in real development.

He pointed out that the revaluation of the Iraqi dinar leap large will lead to increase the price of goods to weaken the double. Also can not declare that the dinar will rise and will become the price Doe in order to prevent speculation and if what is left of the Iraqi economy at this pace and increased exports of oil and oil markets is controlled, it will make Iraq a key player in the region and will increase the GDP of Iraq of about $ 180 billion to 350 billion dollars in 2015 and this figure will be reflected on the price of the dinar in a logical yes.

Noting that monetary policy aims to stabilize the external value of the Iraqi dinar exchange rate and at every opportunity to increase economic exchange rate Fsnrfh. Stressing that the Iraqi dinar currency strong and significant as the neighboring country (unnamed) Iraqi dinar traded at Mahalha and its markets as a hard currency at least as important as the U.S. dollar. On the other hand, Saleh said that we are always working to review the controls sale of foreign currency out of the window official (central bank) and Iraq enjoy considerable freedom in the transfer of funds as provided for in Article VIII of the Convention on the International Monetary Fund has allowed Iraq to free current account to purchase goods and services from abroad without restrictions.

He said the obsession as a policy cash application of the law against money laundering, crime and terrorism, and must make it clear that the banking side, embracing the tainted money.

Saleh said that the Iraqi economy is strong despite the lack of diversification of the rentier economy, one-sided and not a defect, Australia Kendatad rentier countries to this day .. What matters is that import rents must be employed in development and economic progress and not in the type of economy.

Saleh expressed his support for the investments of oil in southern Iraq, saying that this will develop the Iraqi economy and not the accumulation of rent, but that the accumulation of rents in other sectors is what we aspire to Kaguetsadaan.

http://translate.goo...view_15585.html

this is worthy of its own thread

my favorite part :D

• Upvote 2

Thanks, Sonny, for speaking up. It's getting pretty bad on this site now. I went back and read JayP's posts in this thread and he did not attack anyone and his posts were polite, as in other threads where he has posted. He simply has an opinion that others disagree with so they taunt him so he'll go away. It's worked with a lot of great, knowledgeable posters that could have contributed greatly to this site. Good debates are being replaced with "Go RV" or go away. Unbelievable. <_<

We discuss article that are posted on top of the Thread, the Historian page is downstairs, an if it that bad on this site, nobody telling you to hang out. And yes JayP is not as innocent as you claim. An yes we do say GO RV :D

Edited by yota691
  • Upvote 9
  • Downvote 10

" Yet I don't see how it cannot work. They can trade revalued dinar for gold, USD or swiss francs, rand, whatever, and pay off investors who come to them to cash in. Not to mention fractional banking, digital money,e tc. "

They can only trade it for these things if other countries recognize the value Iraq has arbitrarily placed on it. Why would any country trade any thing for Dinars under such circumstances. They didn't recognize it when Saddam did the same thing.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 3