Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Power of Prayer

flagalpal

We've already tried prayer, and well, we're still trolling for news. I've personally switched half a dozen religions since this ride started. I'm on some kinda African deal now. I'll let you know how that one works out. :P

P.S. Just keeping it realistic, I see how those one hour prayers worked out for Churchill and England. Maybe they shoulda dedicated that hour of prayer to an hour of Nazi killin'. :twocents:

THERE IS ONLY ONE WAY TO THE FATHER, AND THAT IS THROUGH THE SON, JESUS CHRIST!

• Upvote 1

Not all of us have identical ways of believing, or praying. Not all of us would define those terms the same way. But for all of us prayer involves focus and intent. Sometimes we have the intent, and need, and cannot for the life of us come up with the words to express our prayer. sometimes we have the words and know what we perhaps should pray for but are not focussed enough to make a good job of it. Having said that ...

Several years ago, I believe close to four decades, the City of Detroit was host to a cnvention of believers who practiced Transendental Meditation . They wrote to various city departments asking for numbers on certain activities ... fires, accidents, homicides, petty thefts, etc. ... that happened during previous years. They contacted the mayor and told him that while they were in his city, they would be keeping a round the clock vigil of deep meditation, always with a minimum number of meditators involved, and they predicted the city "numbers" would be far less, in fact, in some cases, less than half.

The convention happened. TM was practiced ongoing, 24 hours a day, for the week or so the TM practiioners were in town. Their TM was focussed on making people feel better, on lessening irritabililtly, and curbing criminal tendencies and on similar various aspects of human reactions. A month after they left, they were able to get the "numbers" for the time of their visits.

Without exception, every criminal activity they highlighted in their meditations, resulted in a reduced number. If the previous average number of homicides per week was four, the number during the week of their meditating was 2. Likewise, the number of arsons, which weekly was usually 8-10, was down to 3. Accidents, personal attacks, speeding tickets even, were all down.

This experiment confirmed what the TM teachers and practioners already knew, that when a group of people focussed their attention on something they wanted to achieve, on the same basic thing, they could have a difference in how the world turned, so-to-speak.

Prayer, although many people would argue, falls into that same category. It is an activity that depends on focus, and intent. You cannot toss off a prayer thoughtlessly and expect a result. You cannot pray without focus, and achieve a result. The perfect prayer is one that is diriected to a named person, for a stated purpose, and done while in complete attention to that activity, not thinking about how long this will take so that the praying person can be off to something else.

To that end, I think the idea of your prayer at a specific time, for a specific purpose, is all to the good. I would suggest people start a little before and continue a little after, the one minute you are requesting. (Just to cover slow batteries or whatever)

:)

smee2

We've already tried prayer, and well, we're still trolling for news. I've personally switched half a dozen religions since this ride started. I'm on some kinda African deal now. I'll let you know how that one works out. :P

P.S. Just keeping it realistic, I see how those one hour prayers worked out for Churchill and England. Maybe they shoulda dedicated that hour of prayer to an hour of Nazi killin'. :twocents:

Maybe if they had not prayed, there would not be an England at this point in time. I will pray also.

• Upvote 1

Bamagirl thanks for giving me the idea of putting a reminder on my phone. Life can get a little busy at times. So my reminder helps a bunch.

Precious time is well worth spending with the Lord. I'm in no rush to end my praying time with him. It just ends naturally.

Mammarabbit02... Very beautifully put and double AMEN

• Upvote 1

This is something we can all do whatever our party beliefs are…with Election Day coming…we need it.

Set your clocks.

Someone has said if Christians and Jews really understood the full extent of the power we have available through prayer, we might be speechless.

Did you know that during WWII there was an adviser to Churchill who organized a group of people who dropped what they were doing every day at a prescribed hour for one minute to collectively pray for the safety of England,its people and peace?

There is now a group of people organizing the same thing here in America.

If you would like to participate: Every evening at 9:00 PM Eastern Time (8:00 PM Central) (7:00 PM Mountain) (6:00 PM Pacific), stop whatever you are doing and spend one minute praying for the safety of the United States, our troops, our citizens, and for a return to a Godly nation. If you know anyone else who would like to participate, please pass this along. Our prayers are the most powerful asset we have.

Prayer Alert :)

• Upvote 1

If you all will would you lift my family up to the Lord....we're all healthy and I have a great husband and 4 kids, we are just having some problems right now...thanks.

will say a special prayer for you and your family, I"m also praying for our country. Bama, can't really tell by your post, but if you have special needs, please reach out. There is a lot of experience on this site. Maybe a member on here's who's been through the same that could offer advice. Either way, God answers prayers and I'm praying for you.

• Upvote 1