Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Whitney Houston yet another victim of pharmaceutical drug industry

Scrumdiddles

Music is endearing and stands the test of time and so does the artist who delivers it better than most. It invokes affections and reminds us of our time through life.

You shouldn't try to contrast it to military or any other personnel.

Read about her past few years and you will find she have been busy with new projects, some in which we'll see this year.

I don't think this is a thread for you guys! The resentment shows anger about something. If you want to fix the world problems you won't do it here.

Mojack: You are such an eloquent writer! I love your passion for life and the zeal in which you promulagate so many subjects to us. I truly am grateful that I am a beneficiary of your posts. smile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gif

I TOTALLY AGREE WITH YOU, I'M A POLICE OFFICER AND THIS KIND OF INFO DOES NOT GET RELEASED UNTIL THE CORONER RELEASES IT, AND GUESS WHAT IT HASN'T BEEN RELEASED, AND FROM WHAT I UNDERSTAND IT WANT BE RELEASE FOR 6 TO 8 WEEKS.. SO THIS POSTER DOESN'T KNOW WHAT THE HECK HE IS TALKNG ABOUT. PURE SPECULATION.. laugh.gif

you were a Doctor last week, weren't ya? laugh.gif just kidding!

• Upvote 2

Mojack, not sure why you were negged, but I + you so you are even. I also feel bad that a wonderful talent was lost, regardless of why. Having owned a bail bond company and having dealt with all ages and backgrounds of people on drugs, it is a very sad situation. Whether it is by choice as a recreational drug or a prescribed drug, most of these people are trying to fix something in their life. I agree that they should all turn to God and a better way of facing their problems, however, most if not all are weak and have a very addictive personality, whether to drugs or abuse. The one thng we can do for all of them is to pray for them to have the strength to fight their inner demons.

Because I'm -jack, Thx Danan!

Mojack: You are such an eloquent writer! I love your passion for life and the zeal in which you promulagate so many subjects to us. I truly am grateful that I am a beneficiary of your posts. smile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gif

Wow! I appreciate that very much... most people want to shut me upsmile.gif. I believe in the best of folks and making the best of life. The land will always be here. Educate our children on how to survive among people in a tumultuous world. Give them the tools, not "necessarily" the gun. (I have guns, I hunt, let's leave it there)

Back to Whitney, everyone has something tender to their hearts so no one should trivialize other's lives or emotions. In the end - that's all we would have had.

She's no victim......just another pathetic rich person with no self control. People want to blame a doctor or their parents or teachers or freinds, anyone but themselves for their own lack of self control. Having money only makes it easier to get what you want and to have people look the other way, you can blame anyone you want....but it all falls onto the individual who chooses which path they take. It's not some one else's fault unless you are subject to a completely random incident. For the rest....they put themselves in the situation they end up in by actively seeking out the opportunities and means by which they bring their own end. Quit looking to blamne some one else for their lack of control.

Just like MJ....it's not the doc's fault he od'd, it was his own. If that doc didn't get him what he wanted, you know he had enough money to get it from some one else and he would of eventually. He had his own demons as did Houston.....both had all the money in the world....but neither had any real freinds. If everyone wasn't so worried about putting themselves out there and getting their piece of the pie taken away, they might have intervened and saved one of them.

The pharmaceutical company didn't prescribe Houston any drugs, nor did it make her take them. If anyone wants to assign blame, those in her circle need to look into the mirror....they know the truth. B) but at the end of the day, Whitney was the one who chose to live and die her way.

• Upvote 3

She's no victim......just another pathetic rich person with no self control. People want to blame a doctor or their parents or teachers or freinds, anyone but themselves for their own lack of self control. Having money only makes it easier to get what you want and to have people look the other way, you can blame anyone you want....but it all falls onto the individual who chooses which path they take. It's not some one else's fault unless you are subject to a completely random incident. For the rest....they put themselves in the situation they end up in by actively seeking out the opportunities and means by which they bring their own end. Quit looking to blamne some one else for their lack of control.

Just like MJ....it's not the doc's fault he od'd, it was his own. If that doc didn't get him what he wanted, you know he had enough money to get it from some one else and he would of eventually. He had his own demons as did Houston.....both had all the money in the world....but neither had any real freinds. If everyone wasn't so worried about putting themselves out there and getting their piece of the pie taken away, they might have intervened and saved one of them.

The pharmaceutical company didn't prescribe Houston any drugs, nor did it make her take them. If anyone wants to assign blame, those in her circle need to look into the mirror....they know the truth. B) but at the end of the day, Whitney was the one who chose to live and die her way.

You felt like that was needed? Those are the easy and obvious conclusions and for the most part, maybe true.

They both fell to the need of a substance to subside the pressure of meeting expectations. They had both reached the pinnacle of their talents. Getting back may have been too much ----they were unlucky that someone didn't help soon enough. They were not fortunately enough to have of just a scare...

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Wow! I appreciate that very much... most people want to shut me upsmile.gif. I believe in the best of folks and making the best of life. The land will always be here. Educate our children on how to survive among people in a tumultuous world. Give them the tools, not "necessarily" the gun. (I have guns, I hunt, let's leave it there)

Back to Whitney, everyone has something tender to their hearts so no one should trivialize other's lives or emotions. In the end - that's all we would have had.

You won't have guns for long if Your guy gets elected... There was already articles out last week about his gun grab ideas for the next term. Sounds special, take our guns away and wage war on our own people.

You felt like that was needed? Those are the easy and obvious conclusions and for the most part, maybe true.

They both fell to the need of a substance to subside the pressure of meeting expectations. They had both reached the pinnacle of their talents. Getting back may have been too much ----they were unlucky that someone didn't help soon enough. They were not fortunately enough to have of just a scare...

Boo hoo...cry me a river. The world is full of people, millions who face trials and hardships everyday without having to resort to drug use, prescription or otherwise. They raise kids by themselves, lose loved ones, endure tragedies ranging from financial to health problems without managing to kill themselves because the pressure is too great.

These poor souls had to struggle through the hardship of fame and fortune because they could sing and dance....pppleeeease! Spare them your pity....give it to people who actually deserve it.

And yes...I felt the need to say what I also see as the obvious.....cause of the so many people like you that want to ignore the obvious! They weren't unlucky.....they were two of the luckiest people on the planet and they threw it away. Sad, but it was their own fault. I hope they stood up and pointed the finger at themselves when it came to judgement day and not try to push the blame off onto some one else? :(

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

Boo hoo...cry me a river. The world is full of people, millions who face trials and hardships everyday without having to resort to drug use, prescription or otherwise. They raise kids by themselves, lose loved ones, endure tragedies ranging from financial to health problems without managing to kill themselves because the pressure is too great.

These poor souls had to struggle through the hardship of fame and fortune because they could sing and dance....pppleeeease! Spare them your pity....give it to people who actually deserve it.

And yes...I felt the need to say what I also see as the obvious.....cause of the so many people like you that want to ignore the obvious! They weren't unlucky.....they were two of the luckiest people on the planet and they threw it away. Sad, but it was their own fault. I hope they stood up and pointed the finger at themselves when it came to judgement day and not try to push the blame off onto some one else? :(

When I mentioned expectations I was referring to business expectations. That's big business! Anyone knows what pressure can do (well almost).

I haven't mentioned blame... there's no one to blame. And unlucky was at the time of their death. They were young and died of personal bad decisions.

• Upvote 2

When I mentioned expectations I was referring to business expectations. That's big business! Anyone knows what pressure can do (well almost).

I haven't mentioned blame... there's no one to blame. And unlucky was at the time of their death. They were young and died of personal bad decisions.

And instead of trying to hold them up to some absurd standard, you should be chastising their whole way of life, making sure the next generation doesn't follow in their footsteps. You want to immortalize them because they sang music, wake up and smell the coffee...the world is in a shiite storm and if we don't start making better decisions than the people before us, we are ALL screwed. People have to be accountable....all people, not just the average joe....people who end up as an example (for whatever stupid reason) must make the best of it or be subject to public ridicule. If certain sports or entertainment "stars" would come right out and say, "hey, I'm doing wrong, I'm wasting my life, I'm killing myself, I beat my wife, I molest little boys, I use drugs so much I'm destroying my health and career, if I live to be 50, it'll be a stone cold miracle....don't follow my example." I'd have a heck of a lot more respect for them than I do now. And just because you want to ingore their deplorable behavior, don't expect me to. And I certainly don't understand elevating them or anybody else to sainthood because they could entertain me.....the clown at the circus is funny, but he's no saint. B)

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Nice use of the Saint word. No offense taken as there was none intended. Agree with you that we all have to tkea responsibility for our actions, be they good or bad. Seems people in the industry only want to take the good.My :twocents:

And instead of trying to hold them up to some absurd standard, you should be chastising their whole way of life, making sure the next generation doesn't follow in their footsteps. You want to immortalize them because they sang music, wake up and smell the coffee...the world is in a shiite storm and if we don't start making better decisions than the people before us, we are ALL screwed. People have to be accountable....all people, not just the average joe....people who end up as an example (for whatever stupid reason) must make the best of it or be subject to public ridicule. If certain sports or entertainment "stars" would come right out and say, "hey, I'm doing wrong, I'm wasting my life, I'm killing myself, I beat my wife, I molest little boys, I use drugs so much I'm destroying my health and career, if I live to be 50, it'll be a stone cold miracle....don't follow my example." I'd have a heck of a lot more respect for them than I do now. And just because you want to ingore their deplorable behavior, don't expect me to. And I certainly don't understand elevating them or anybody else to sainthood because they could entertain me.....the clown at the circus is funny, but he's no saint. B)

Standards? --- I'm not sure why you're trying to make such a strong point here because it's clear you may never understand - unless you live long enough.

You don't have to ridicule people for their issues. If you don't like the thread you can quietly bow out. I could go as far as saying your behavior here is abnormal and this kinda thinking can be life threatening. You can only chastise your kids. Chastising others could be dangerous smile.gif. Some may say that's sound advice to someone to perhaps prevent possible self destruction!

They were the best of the best... there are some things you will only see once in a lifetime. Some become characters larger than life. Sometimes people make incoherent decisions and become trapped. That's not supporting their actions; that would be stupid.

• Upvote 2

Standards? --- I'm not sure why you're trying to make such a strong point here because it's clear you may never understand - unless you live long enough.

You don't have to ridicule people for their issues. If you don't like the thread you can quietly bow out. I could go as far as saying your behavior here is abnormal and this kinda thinking can be life threatening. You can only chastise your kids. Chastising others could be dangerous smile.gif. Some may say that's sound advice to someone to perhaps prevent possible self destruction!

They were the best of the best... there are some things you will only see once in a lifetime. Some become characters larger than life. Sometimes people make incoherent decisions and become trapped. That's not supporting their actions; that would be stupid.

I did'nt want to respond on this topic because until the final tests are provided people can only speculate. It's sad when anyone passes but with heroes or people we hold in high regard it's kin to losing a family member. Is that fair? I don't know, but it is pretty often the case. Best to all

I did'nt want to respond on this topic because until the final tests are provided people can only speculate. It's sad when anyone passes but with heroes or people we hold in high regard it's kin to losing a family member. Is that fair? I don't know, but it is pretty often the case. Best to all

Agree.

• 3 weeks later...