Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

What has happen to this Forum?

Tiffany23

I agree with Tiff on one part - the "Off Topic" forum has become the default place for Politics.

I've toyed with the idea of creating a new forum. Politics and Conspiracy Theories do tend to go hand in hand...

... but before I'd agree to add a Forum Category like that, I need to give it some thought.

Those topics tend to get VERY heated, and I don't want to "invite" heated arguments into this site.

I think you all know that harsh feelings from the politics section would end up spilling into the rest of the site.

I'm on the fence here. But I want you to know I am aware of the situation, and I am giving it some consideration.

Adam, if I may offer you some words of advice (as opposed to all I've learned from your site recently). Don't do it. I'm a supermod on an extremely high traffic car forum, and our politics section is often times out of control. It usually boils down to 3-4 people on each side starting some controversial thread. A few people attempt a well written reply but by the second page most of them turn into flame fests. Then us mods get called in to determine who gets an infraction or ban. We took that section down for a while to determine whether or not it was worth keeping. It eventually came back but today its right back to where it was previously. More trouble than its worth. If you don't have an infraction/ban policy in place yet, you soon will have to have one if you add a politics section. :twocents:

• Upvote 1

Carla

That is what tiffany has been warned about in the past, stirring up trouble.

What say I? I say you all have the free will to either read or not read a post. No one forces any member to read something they dont want to. I have seen diatribes like this before from others, then when we remove offensive posts I hear the screaming about 1A violations. You cant have it both ways. There are so many members on this forum that we all wont agree on everything, not even close. So if you see a topic titled "obama sucks" or "it is bush's fault" or what ever might upset you, my suggestion to all is, don't read it. It is that simple.

Tiffany, post your jokes or what ever it is you wish and keep it family friendly. try posting something constructive rather than complaining about posts no one makes you read.

Thanks, Moderator : )

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

Here we go again. Tiff is stirring the pot. Tiffany, I'm sorry that you are disgruntled by some of the posts on this site. Sometimes I run across posts that I disagree with too. I simply leave the thread without negative comment and move on.

As I recall you became angry with me in a certain thread when you were complaining about being a lesbian and how difficult your life was. In fact, you sent me several private confrontational messages simply because I expressed my opinion which was to step out of the closet and move on. DV Land does not revolve around you. Find another forum. This site is intended for those that care to learn and follow our investment and possibly make a few friends along the way.

Take care members!

Go RV. biggrin.gif

I lost count of how many individuals I've referred to this website. I hope they are not disuaded from logging on again buy what they've read in this particular thread today. blink.giflaugh.gif

I come in through the Whats New link so I see all the new posts regardless of the forum it was posted in. I really appreciate the titles that clearly state what the post will be about as this helps me to avoid opening posts I don't care to read. I guess since this is an election year it's to be expected there will be an increase in political posts but I really think that what we are seeing is a decrease in the "fun" posts we are used to seeing.

I still see the same amount of fun posts - and understand the rise in political

'poppycock' (when's the last time you heard that word! laugh.gif) is due to the election year. no biggy. Im gonna miss this website post RV....

I thought I'd let this thread run "unplugged' so I could see what kind of responses came about. Seems I'm about as popular in this topic as I am in gun control.

Hmmm...I guess I miscalculated (again), just how much American love their constitutional rights. Free speech being #1. For that I beg your forgiveness. I did not mean (although I admit one could read into it) to restrict the right to post. I merely wished to bundle it up and put these government/political topics in an area, so I did not have to wade through them. Obviously, this hit a nerve with many of you, so I would like to offer my sincere apologies as that was not my intent (but agree, that if you read my original post that is what was conveyed). I'm not above eatting crow mind you...I just ask that I be allowed to use some ketchup, if you please.

However, I personally find such attacks on the leader of the free word distasteful. In my opinion, (pls read that last word again), he won an election by the rules. BTW, I did NOT vote for him, and matter of factly, I actually campaigned for McCain. Bottomline, I find this kind of behavior to be an example of what is wrong with America. We are a divided nation and it is tearing our society's moral fabric apart. When the term liberal ranks right up there with terrorist, then something is very wrong.

But hey, you guys have spoken, and I will respect your wishes.

Just a few comment, however, Skiealwedrop...pls note that I have close to 1300 posts. I would challenge you to find more than 3 that I have mentioned anything remotely dealing with my sexuality. I don't think anyone other than some close friends on here knew anything about that until about my 1,000 post. You however have brought it up on EVERY rebuttal of yours to my posts. It would therefore seem you are either homophobic or, thou protest too much and are actually G A Y. To be honest, I don't care, because it is none of my business nor should my sexuality be any of yours.

And as far as being a Liberal, here is what JFK said about that:

What do our opponents mean when they apply to us the label "Liberal?" If by "Liberal" they mean, as they want people to believe, someone who is soft in his policies abroad, who is against local government, and who is unconcerned with the taxpayer's dollar, then the record of this party and its members demonstrate that we are not that kind of "Liberal." But if by a "Liberal" they mean someone who looks ahead and not behind, someone who welcomes new ideas without rigid reactions, someone who cares about the welfare of the people -- their health, their housing, their schools, their jobs, their civil rights, and their civil liberties -- someone who believes we can break through the stalemate and suspicions that grip us in our policies abroad, if that is what they mean by a "Liberal," then I'm proud to say I'm a "Liberal."

http://www.liberalparty.org/JFKLPAcceptance.html

If you mean what JFK said in the second half of the statement then yes, I'm a liberal, as I care about other Americans and about all people. Do you believe differently?

Finally, for the record, I've always voted Republican so you can decide for yourself on where I sit on your political scale.

Tiff :)

P.S. Thank you Mr. Montana for even considering such a move!

Edited by Tiffany23
  • Upvote 5
  • Downvote 6

Tiff, I agree. You don't have to read any of these vill post from people like me. There is nothing that says you have to stop and read others opinions.

I can personally vouche for some of these post. I am in complete agreement with those that advocate for our Constitution. Those that just want to cram their agenda (marxist) down every ones thoat needs to learn that WE are through rolling over. The agenda that some seem to be promoting is just plain UNamerican. As far as I can see most want and expect us to just role over and give control of our libertys to the government. Well that is not going to happen anylonger. We see the hand writing on the wall. Most of us has been around long enough to know that it is extremley difficult to turn this ship around from set destination. There has been more damage to the Constitution in the last 2 regimes than any time in modern of history. There are those of us that will no longer be silent and allow this country to be hijacked by Markxist or what ever you prefer to call it.

It is time to stand and be counted. I will do every thing in my power to see that this president does not have the chance to hijack this great nation any further. I am sorry you do not like the tone of the debate. If you so chose to go else where. Please check in after November. After we run this group of thugs out of the white house. We really do like you and we will miss your challenges.

The robot said that!! :D By the way we will not give up our guns without a most colorful debate, I think thats we you might call it.

Edited by R2D2
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Tiffany I believe it's pretty clear this is a Dinar forum , and yes there is a section for off topic's , but you have taken advantage of that and post things that are not news to most peoples ears!!!! If you want a site with the kind of stuff you post your free to go find one, but don't go bashing this Dinar site because your not getting what U want trying to make this Site something it's not !!!!!! blink.gif

I just scanned over some of her posting history and it is all too clear that she is inditing herself with that which she is accusing others of doing.

I also noticed, as Moderator "DaveH" has mentioned earlier, that she was stirring it up even then. To be specific, it appeared to me that her attempts were to incite and provoke the members and then she would condemn those who spoke up, rebuffed and/or defended themselves against her assaults. Can you count how many threads were closed due to some of her 'contributions'?

I'm not a Psychologist but I think this may be indicative of a certain Psychosis, if not an abusive personality altogether. This is rather cowardly since the Internet is the best place to do such things with basically no realistic ramifications whatsoever. That is to say - we are all faceless strangers here in cyberspace and what better venue to perform a 'hit-and-run' on someone and then run off and laugh about it?

At best - it comes across as somewhat sadistic if you ask me.

• Upvote 7
  • Downvote 5

Chocolate....in a court of law, I would have the right to cross examine and ask for specific evidence. You Sir are generalizing and summarizing my postings without giving specifics. Pls do so, or withdraw you feeble attempts of character assassination.

I will grant you that I have far different beliefs than the majority here. The majority which are White, Conservative, Christian, Straight, Males. I'm only one of those. And being that I am a duel citizen of both the US and UK, have lived in 7 countries, traveled to over 170, speak 4 languages fluently and have 3 college degrees...I'd say that I probably have a much different perspective than you. But I guess that is what frights you isn't it Chocolate...that someone so different, can have equally valid beliefs as yours. Pls grow a pair and engage me in a debate instead of attempting character assassination and jr high psychoanalysis.

And in closing, if i said something that offended you in a past posting, please enlighten me on what exactly that was, so I can do it again later

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 18

Chocolate....in a court of law, I would have the right to cross examine and ask for specific evidence. You Sir are generalizing and summarizing my postings without giving specifics. Pls do so, or withdraw you feeble attempts of character assassination.

I will grant you that I have far different beliefs than the majority here. The majority which are White, Conservative, Christian, Straight, Males. I'm only one of those. And being that I am a duel citizen of both the US and UK, have lived in 7 countries, traveled to over 170, speak 4 languages fluently and have 3 college degrees...I'd say that I probably have a much different perspective than you. But I guess that is what frights you isn't it Chocolate...that someone so different, can have equally valid beliefs as yours. Pls grow a pair and engage me in a debate instead of attempting character assassination and jr high psychoanalysis.

And in closing, if i said something that offended you in a past posting, please enlighten me on what exactly that was, so I can do it again later

she finally rears her head. I should get a medal for smoking her out!

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 2

If were going to consider creating a divided site,.. can I propose we split so that Oxygen Thieves go one way, and Value Producers go the other?

It was an itsy bitsy teeny weeny yellow polka dot bikini ... oops sorry ... I have strange music going round in my head these days. Must be the new meds.

Well, without getting into the teeny weeny bits and pieces of this ... oh, maybe that's where it came from ... without getting into that, I have an seen that no amount of protestation will stop three kinds of posters: political, religious, and conspipracy.

Many of the religion based posts and comments let a person know before entering what they are, especially ones asking for a specific prayer request. Conspiracy theory posters seem to think we all know what they are going to post before it even gets on the page and their headlines are fairly off and on when it comes to content of post.

But the political stuff ... not all, no, I am not say all, but some, many some, seem to revel in posting headlines that are so ambivalous as to be seductive. They draw you in. Some even post something that the reader doesn't realize is political diatribe until they get a few sentences into it. THAT I disagree with a lot. If you are posting bash-Obama, let me know that before I click.

Personally, I prefer the idea that Tiff suggested, asking Adam to make a forum that is for political stuff, good, bad, or indifferent. Let them have their own place.

But I can tell you now what would happen. They won't abide by the rules. Didn't you know that those people who know so much better than the others don't have to abide by rules? Of course not. They are the free world's chosen mudslingers. If they were to post in a politics-only forum they would lose their most important audience ... the ones they are trying to convince.

Considering how many people post here who are not American, and haven't the faintest desire to debate American politics, and have no interest in bashing Obama or any of his compatriots, I am a little surprised that there hasn't been an uprising to let the political bashers have their own forum ... Politics, or American Political Realities for the Politicallly Uneducated in Need of Enlightenment by a Political ... well we won't finish that one.

I respect pretty well everyone here. And most people, if they can stick to the dinar and Iraq related topics, post and comment on jokes, join prayer requests, share news and views in general, not harping on politics ... most of them are a good read, or a welcome chuckle, or a reaffirmation that people are basically good. But this political mudslinging has had me so close to just walking away ... but I would miss the good things about the site then. (TIFF being one of them)

So, has anyone actually asked Adam Montana if he would consider starting a new forum for political postings? I had thought of it once but then the RV seemed so close I figured it wasn't worth the bother. But since things have not worked out that way yet, maybe it is worth the bother.

Tiff? You feel like doing the honours? You can use me as at least one who supports you there.

:)

smee2

My bad the O.P. did to reply just not on this thread. My apologies.

Thanks ... I did find it on that other post later. Feel a little foolish having voiced that question when it had already been answered elsewhere. Oh well ... if we were all perfect eh? hahahahaha

smee2

Thanks ... I did find it on that other post later. Feel a little foolish having voiced that question when it had already been answered elsewhere. Oh well ... if we were all perfect eh? hahahahaha

smee2

And we can't all keep up with every post, smee2. Things get past us sometimes. And frankly, that's ok. <smile>

• Upvote 1

I applaud you for knowing the demographics of 38,052 dinarvet members! Is that 'raw data' available for me as well, as a dinarvet member. :lol:

How could I be 'frightened' by your alleged education not having known that about you? You are picking on the wrong person - Ive been around much longer than you and have more experience than you. I can chew you up and spit you out before you could even begin to wonder what the heck was going on!

However, your disrespectful manner and 'other disposition' speaks volumes of you and those that were responsible for your upbringing for the first 18-years of your little life.

In all your braying of said education - have you not ever heard such common sense 'morsels' as "name calling is the last resort of the scoundrel"? Hmmmm....

And in addition to the assessment of scoundrel - were you aware that in the Old Testament, in the Book that you seem to be so chagrined by - a person who engages in 'interludes' with same sex is considered defiled?

Peace out, babe.

Edited by chocolate1
  • Upvote 9
  • Downvote 3

It was an itsy bitsy teeny weeny yellow polka dot bikini ... oops sorry ... I have strange music going round in my head these days. Must be the new meds.

Well, without getting into the teeny weeny bits and pieces of this ... oh, maybe that's where it came from ... without getting into that, I have an seen that no amount of protestation will stop three kinds of posters: political, religious, and conspipracy.

Many of the religion based posts and comments let a person know before entering what they are, especially ones asking for a specific prayer request. Conspiracy theory posters seem to think we all know what they are going to post before it even gets on the page and their headlines are fairly off and on when it comes to content of post.

But the political stuff ... not all, no, I am not say all, but some, many some, seem to revel in posting headlines that are so ambivalous as to be seductive. They draw you in. Some even post something that the reader doesn't realize is political diatribe until they get a few sentences into it. THAT I disagree with a lot. If you are posting bash-Obama, let me know that before I click.

Personally, I prefer the idea that Tiff suggested, asking Adam to make a forum that is for political stuff, good, bad, or indifferent. Let them have their own place.

But I can tell you now what would happen. They won't abide by the rules. Didn't you know that those people who know so much better than the others don't have to abide by rules? Of course not. They are the free world's chosen mudslingers. If they were to post in a politics-only forum they would lose their most important audience ... the ones they are trying to convince.

Considering how many people post here who are not American, and haven't the faintest desire to debate American politics, and have no interest in bashing Obama or any of his compatriots, I am a little surprised that there hasn't been an uprising to let the political bashers have their own forum ... Politics, or American Political Realities for the Politicallly Uneducated in Need of Enlightenment by a Political ... well we won't finish that one.

I respect pretty well everyone here. And most people, if they can stick to the dinar and Iraq related topics, post and comment on jokes, join prayer requests, share news and views in general, not harping on politics ... most of them are a good read, or a welcome chuckle, or a reaffirmation that people are basically good. But this political mudslinging has had me so close to just walking away ... but I would miss the good things about the site then. (TIFF being one of them)

So, has anyone actually asked Adam Montana if he would consider starting a new forum for political postings? I had thought of it once but then the RV seemed so close I figured it wasn't worth the bother. But since things have not worked out that way yet, maybe it is worth the bother.

Tiff? You feel like doing the honours? You can use me as at least one who supports you there.

smee2

Smee,

Read back a bit. Adam addressed the political forum issue.

There is no dif between the lesbian, socialist, atheistic, dribble constantly posted

by you. Though were not considered as, enlightened, as you liberals we have as much

right to post views as others. Funny how only libs try to suppress differing points of opinions.

The problem with you tiff is that over time what you have gotten from others because of your

beauty is lost in the emptiness of your social rhetoric. But that's the good thing about libs,

in the end there true colors always show.

Wow. At this writing - your post has garnered 41 pluses! Reflects a lot.... ;)

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Over the last several months I’ve seen a HUGE difference in what is posted here in the Off Topic Forum and to put it bluntly, it turns my stomach. This use to be a fun and nuturing place to hang out. Where we could post funny items, or ask deep philosophical questions of each other, or send out special announcements of what was going on in each other’s lives. While I do still see some of this, it seems more and more it’s been turn into a political and/or conspiracy venue. Is it me or is the vast majority of postings now Anti-Obama or describing how the Government is allegedly screwing with us?

Who among you wants to read this stuff in ad nauseaum? I certainly don’t. :shakehead:

And the other thing, many of these guys who post this crap (I was going to use another word but it would be censored out) go rabid on you when you ask them to either justify what they are saying or in any way question their opinions. Just recently, one of them, Scrumdiddle had the audacity to belittle one of our wisest and kindest members, just because she didn’t agree with him. Enough is enough. :angry:

We’ve lost a lot of good people due to this invasion of yahoos. I therefore ask that those of you, who agree with me, be willing to stand with me now and voice your displeasure with what has happen. Let’s take back our form and make it a FUN place to visit.

In addition, in a perfect world, I’d ask that Mr. Montana please consider making a separate form for those postings that have a political/government spin. If he can do it for other topics such as: Soldier stories and Recipes, then I hope he would be willing to also do something similar for these politics/government items. That way, all these guys can have fun raining on each other's parades and leave the rest of us alone!

What say you?

Tiff I don't know the circumstances behind what you are expressing but when it comes to this post there are some good as well as bad. Most of us help each other by not getting over worked when someone becomes ugly or unkind. we just respond to the good and let the bad bathe in its own misery. Peace in the Middle East. Shick! :)