Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

May dinar is equal to the dollar!

yota691

Economic News

May dinar is equal to the dollar!

Palm - said the deputy governor of the Central Bank of the appearance of Mohammed Saleh said that the bill included proposals for a new currency and the categories that bear and details of technical and economic.

Saleh pointed out during the permit media to change the currency and delete zeros decision of the executive and approved by the legislature, and that the project will not be implemented hastily,

He described the favor of a system of cash payments of the current Iraqi regime miserable, noting that the largest denomination in which value does not exceed twenty dollars, confirming that the deletion of zeros will enhance the value of the Iraqi currency, and reduces the cost of handling cash, The currency in its present estimated size of today Petrlionat dinars, making the process of dealing monetary cost is high.

And about the fears rigging of the new currency in the event were issued or it will affect negatively on the economic situation, responded in favor: that it reflects the look bleak, do not forget that there are other countries proceeded to switch its currency and dropped them zeros, such as Turkey, Romania and Brazil without being its economy to shocks and thus Iraq is not engaged in an unknown water or walking on the road did not knock him one before is likely to include the new currency for the population to the side of a coin paper.

He pointed to what he said that he bumps will change the currency and delete zeros, including the risk of fraud and increase the demand for goods causes a fake result for the payment of dinars instead of a thousand dinars, as now, explaining that the re-printed a new currency will have the costs of expensive, adding that attempts will be made to persuade the Bank Central to wait in his plans in this regard.

Previously, the head of the Iraqi Securities Commission confirmed that, earlier, to delete the zeros of the Iraqi currency will not affect circulation in the Iraqi Stock Exchange and its shares

The director of a money transfer companies abroad Sami Rashid: I think that the lifting of the zeroes from the currency will increase confidence in the currency, and will lead to increased purchasing power of citizens, and will drop the phenomenon of trading blocs, the large cash used by the Iraqis since the nineties.

He believed economic analyst Talal Jassim said switch the Iraqi currency a necessary but pointed to the need to provide the conditions necessary for its implementation, particularly the security and political stability, adding that the relative stability of the Iraqi currency after the issuance of currency recently, and the result of the return link Iraq to the global economy and the availability of reserves of foreign currency due to oil exports , encouraged the central bank to consider the deletion of zeros.

Jassim added that lifting the three zeroes will lead to an exchange rate of one dollar per dinar

http://www.nakhelnews.com/pages/news.php?nid=11181

maybe I'm missing something here, but it seems that they are clearly explaining a RD not a RV

• Upvote 14
  • Downvote 17

I like this last sentance.

Jassim added that lifting the three zeroes will lead to an exchange rate of one dollar per dinar where Jassim called to the need to follow the policies of quiet to convince the citizens and getting used to it for a period not exceeding two years.

Go rv

maybe I'm missing something here, but it seems that they are clearly explaining a RD not a RV

Oh..now I get it we got another lopster...thanks for the neg's on the other post.....look folks...a lopster....nice first few post lopster....neg me all you want I got friends that will cover you up.... :lol::lol::lol:

• Upvote 15
  • Downvote 11

I agree - the articles this morning continue to state the deletion of the zeros. There was an article earlier that stated that they are paying the "Sons of Iraq" at a calculated rate of 972 IQD to 1 USD. That would bring the .00086 rate to .001. So someone holding a million dinar would have a value of 1000 USD. If they delete the zeros and make a 25k note a 25 note and go to a 1 - 1 exchange rate a million IQD would still equal 1000 USD. Of course if thats where they start and the value increases over time possibly reaching back to the 3 - 1 ratio of the 80's we can all still make a profit - but I am a little concerned about how this deletion of the zeros is sounding. I am usually very positive and have always believed it would be an RV not a RD but the RD talk is starting to get a little too consistent - someone PLEASE tell me I'm wrong and explain why!?!?!?!?!

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 3

TBD neg'd me on another post for making a statement to lotsofdinar, go figure....

I agree - the articles this morning continue to state the deletion of the zeros. There was an article earlier that stated that they are paying the "Sons of Iraq" at a calculated rate of 972 IQD to 1 USD. That would bring the .00086 rate to .001. So someone holding a million dinar would have a value of 1000 USD. If they delete the zeros and make a 25k note a 25 note and go to a 1 - 1 exchange rate a million IQD would still equal 1000 USD. Of course if thats where they start and the value increases over time possibly reaching back to the 3 - 1 ratio of the 80's we can all still make a profit - but I am a little concerned about how this deletion of the zeros is sounding. I am usually very positive and have always believed it would be an RV not a RD but the RD talk is starting to get a little too consistent - someone PLEASE tell me I'm wrong and explain why!?!?!?!?!

Your wrong because you are jumping ship because of this one article....there will be another one that says a straight up RV.....that is why it is a roller coaster ride...

• Upvote 12
  • Downvote 4

TBD neg'd me on another post for making a statement to lotsofdinar, go figure....

Your wrong because you are jumping ship because of this one article....there will be another one that says a straight up RV.....that is why it is a roller coaster ride...

Thanks Stryker! I was just thinking that there are way too many Iraqi political heads opposed to the deletion of the zeros and for good reason! I see a 1:1 coming and that million IQD equaling . . . 1 million USD!!!! :) Thanks again - whew - the roller coaster caught me off guard this morning! :)

Not to mention that this is recycled from Oct of last year when the deletion talks still seemed to be somewhat considered - I think that route has been pretty much shut down more recently! :)

Edited by Dinarduo

Thanks Stryker! I was just thinking that there are way too many Iraqi political heads opposed to the deletion of the zeros and for good reason! I see a 1:1 coming and that million IQD equaling . . . 1 million USD!!!! :) Thanks again - whew - the roller coaster caught me off guard this morning! :)

NP, let me know and we'll buckle you back in again... ;)

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

I like this last sentance.

Jassim added that lifting the three zeroes will lead to an exchange rate of one dollar per dinar where Jassim called to the need to follow the policies of quiet to convince the citizens and getting used to it for a period not exceeding two years.

Go rv

That is the sentence that I do not like....that means IMO, that they will delete the zeros and then raise the value to one dollar...will lead to an exchange rate of one dollar per dinar

That could mean taking up to 2 years to go from $.86 to one dollar :(

And NO I am not a Lopster I am just being realistic and reading what it says, not distorting it.

Cheers

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Gee I was wondering when they would throw in a delete zero's article. Well I guess the debate is still on. Even if it is a recycled article apparently nothing new has come to pass and that is a good thing for us. We want those zero's to stay on for now. But if they insist on lopping zero's they have some on the exchange rate.

It might help if you would read it several more times.... :lol::lol:

The article says " lifting the three zeroes will lead to an exchange rate of one dollar per dinar " there are three zeros on the exchange rate. .00086. Lift the three zeros and you get .86.

plus you add 20% for inflation comes out 1.06 so they will probably round off it to 1-1 just my guess, heck who am I, I'm really tired after 8 plus years trying to figure these people out. :lol::)

• Upvote 5

Gee I was wondering when they would throw in a delete zero's article. Well I guess the debate is still on. Even if it is a recycled article apparently nothing new has come to pass and that is a good thing for us. We want those zero's to stay on for now. But if they insist on lopping zero's they have some on the exchange rate.

Edited by Dinarduo

good find BUT....he says implementation to coincide with the financail year......when is that...ANYONE.....i am also starting to dislike this 2 year timeframe in every article :)

Tim, is there ever, ever anything positive in your world? I sure hope so, but we sure wouldn't know it around here.

Oh..now I get it we got another lopster...thanks for the neg's on the other post.....look folks...a lopster....nice first few post lopster....neg me all you want I got friends that will cover you up.... :lol::lol::lol:

Sand, lots of sand for Lopsters.

• Upvote 2