Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

"Ahmed and Hiroshi at the Sony store"

MiuraDude

Just read where Sony has committed to opening three stores in Iraq, going into Erbil first with stores to follow in Baghdad and Basra. Sorry I can't provide the link to this story, but if you google "Sony Iraq", the news story will certainly show up. And to me, this news story was as significant as ANY others I have read. Consider this: Ahmed the Iraqi wants to buy himself a new 55" LED TV, along with a new blu-ray player, and since he's really trying to impress his new squeeze, he wants to get a nice sound system to go with. So he goes into the new Sony store, and hooks up with Hiroshi, the Sony store manager. Now, keep in mind Hiroshi got transferred from the Osaka store because he tried to get inside the boss's daughter's kimono, so Hiroshi is not exactly happy with his present situation (okay, that last part about Hiroshi trying to get into the boss's daughter's kimono is completely irrelevant). Anyways, so am I to understand that Hiroshi would accept worthless currency for that TV, blu-ray player, and speaker system? Hiroshi is already in "hot sake" with the folks at corporate (again, the kimono thing); accepting worthless currency for their products would be like Jack sellilng the family cow for the magic beans (or whatever it was that Jack sold for the magic beans).

So how is "The Story of Ahmed and Hiroshi" possible without the RV? Or are the good folks at Sony the stupidest people in the history of stupid people because they will open up stores and accept worthless currency for their products?

So how is "The Story of Ahmed and Hiroshi" possible without the RV? Or are the good folks at Sony the stupidest people in the history of stupid people because they will open up stores and accept worthless currency for their products?

I seem to remember Sony paying top dollar for an office building or something in Hawaii (I think -- L.A.?) and then losing a bunch of money in one of endless cycles. Just sayin.'