Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Erbil deal still valid says KBC official

k98nights

10/02/2012 10:51

BAGHDAD, Feb.10 (AKnews)- A deal brokered in Erbil which led to the formation of the current Iraqi government is not annulled, said the spokesperson for the Kurdistan Blocs Coalition.

Speaking to AKnews, Farhad Atrushi, said "We do not expect anyone to officially demand cancelling Erbil agreement."

He cited the head of the KBC Fuad Massum as saying that even the National Alliance has no objection against the agreement.

The agreement proposed by Kurdistan Regional President Massoud Barzani ended a nine-month dispute over who should run the government. The deal which was signed by all the major political party leaders in Erbil reinstated Nouri al-Maliki for the second successive term.

Maliki's elections rival, Ayad Allawi whose Iraqiya List won the elections, was promised a National Council for Strategic Policies in return for his concession over PM post. The council was not formed and the PM's State of Law Coalition and Iraqiya began incriminating and accusing each other of violating Erbil pact.

Reports said that last week the largest bloc, the Shiite dominated National Alliance (which includes the SLC, too) proposed a package entitled "Iraq after the U.S. withdrawal", which contained no reference to Erbil agreement. Some NA members said the reason is that Erbil deal "was only for the phase of government formation while the next phase requires a new outlook."

"There are stable and basic issues in Erbil agreement and even the NA stated it has no objection to them… but it believed they need to be studied," KBC spokesperson said.

Atrushi noted that several committees from Kurdistan visited Baghdad and met with blocs just to expand on Erbil agreement.

By Haidar Ibrahim

Edited by Abdullah Sabri

http://www.aknews.com/en/aknews/4/289083/

• Upvote 1

"There are stable and basic issues in Erbil agreement and even the NA stated it has no objection to them… but it believed they need to be studied," KBC spokesperson said.

With all the agreements to be stable, but will need to be studied. This shouts out to the Iraq people that there would be no RV, until we have the right power under our pens.

Iraq is just making so that they get everything they want before it RV's.

• Upvote 1

"We do not expect anyone to officially demand cancelling Erbil agreement."

Atrushi noted that several committees from Kurdistan visited Baghdad and met with blocs just to expand on Erbil agreement.

I think they will have everything worked out before the National Meeting and set down to sign the implementations into effect...at the meeting

I believe this was the reason that they moved Parliament to Tuesday the 14th...no quorum Monday...right....

an excuse giving them time to work issues out...IMO

Edited by Stryker365
  • Upvote 2

"We do not expect anyone to officially demand cancelling Erbil agreement."

I think they will have everything worked out before the National Meeting and set down to sign the implementations into effect...at the meeting

I believe this was the reason that they moved Parliament to Tuesday the 14th...no quorum Monday...right....

an excuse giving them time to work issues out...IMO

Yeah, they don't expect it to be canceled, but Maliki did try to abolish it by saying it was unconstitutional and he found out later that won't work like it did on the elections. It kills me

cause Maliki is only in his position because the constitution had a serious flaw in it. Which left it

to only the ruling party could hold PM. And he has been trying to use the constitution since.

Yeah I also agree that the newly named National "Meeting" will be the implementations and announcement. I hope anyways.

• Downvote 1

Alright NEWBIE in action (sorry if this sounds dumb), I get that Arbil is a town in Iraq but I can't seem to find what this Erbil is and what it stands for? :wacko::confused:

Sorry tired of looking 13 pages back if this as been asked I missed it. and goggling it hasn't shed any light on it so I come to the Answer source on Iraq. :woot:

• Upvote 1

With all the agreements to be stable, but will need to be studied. This shouts out to the Iraq people that there would be no RV, until we have the right power under our pens.

Iraq is just making so that they get everything they want before it RV's.

I've never seen a country that study's like Iraq WOW just blows my mind...

Alright NEWBIE in action (sorry if this sounds dumb), I get that Arbil is a town in Iraq but I can't seem to find what this Erbil is and what it stands for? :wacko::confused:

Sorry tired of looking 13 pages back if this as been asked I missed it. and goggling it hasn't shed any light on it so I come to the Answer source on Iraq. :woot:

You are kidding right?

Yeah, they don't expect it to be canceled, but Maliki did try to abolish it by saying it was unconstitutional and he found out later that won't work like it did on the elections. It kills me

cause Maliki is only in his position because the constitution had a serious flaw in it. Which left it

to only the ruling party could hold PM. And he has been trying to use the constitution since.

Yeah I also agree that the newly named National "Meeting" will be the implementations and announcement. I hope anyways.

We get it...you don't like Maliki....I do....he doesn't run and hide from problems like others do but I like it that you are pointing your opinion out..

It will take you a while, but you figure out that names of people and places in the Middle East can be spelled many ways. The Erbil agreement is also the Arbil agreement - called because it was made in Arbil (Erbil) - the capitol of the Kurdistan region. When I was in Iraq in 2004-2005, we had about 5 different ways of spelling "Baquba" (Bakhuba, Baquaba, Baaqubaa, etc).

Welcome aboard...

• Upvote 3

It will take you a while, but you figure out that names of people and places in the Middle East can be spelled many ways. The Erbil agreement is also the Arbil agreement - called because it was made in Arbil (Erbil) - the capitol of the Kurdistan region. When I was in Iraq in 2004-2005, we had about 5 different ways of spelling "Baquba" (Bakhuba, Baquaba, Baaqubaa, etc).

Welcome aboard...

Thank you very much. And why is this towns agreement as important as the HCL? Which to me is obvious why they need laws to control their resources.

Seriously not trying to be a Smart arse just what to keep up

Thanks again.

Thank you very much. And why is this towns agreement as important as the HCL? Which to me is obvious why they need laws to control their resources.

Thanks again.

basically it says who gets what of the oil profits. Think of it like deciding how to cut a sheet cake in order to feed a room, except everyone in power want the one with extra frosting.

• Upvote 3

Thanks again.

This is an old article, but it gives a little history on the Erbil Agreement. It is a link to an article, so it may not be 100% accurate in all areas, but it's a good overview. I hope this helps. :)

http://gulfanalysis.wordpress.com/2011/06/23/time-to-publish-the-arbil-agreement/

• Upvote 1

Thanks again.

One more thing, this was a great question - and one I guarantee others were unclear on as well! This is an investment and I assume everyone on here is owns dinar . . . ask questions! You may get a wise crack occasionally but this group is extremely intelligent and helpful. If your invested, ask questions and learn as much as you can! There really is a wealth of knowledge in this site. Have a great weekend all! GO RV!

• Upvote 5

Thanks for the help team the information was very helpful. I think I get it now GO RV!

One more thing, this was a great question - and one I guarantee others were unclear on as well! This is an investment and I assume everyone on here is owns dinar . . . ask questions! You may get a wise crack occasionally but this group is extremely intelligent and helpful. If your invested, ask questions and learn as much as you can! There really is a wealth of knowledge in this site. Have a great weekend all! GO RV!

You as well ...........I will be awaiting further knowledge till Sunday then B)

Help me out here. Wasn't it about a week ago when there were articles about the HCL being scrapped and they were going back to the 2007 deal but then that wasn't gonna happen either??? I'm confused on the chain of events on this HCL/Erbi agreement that got us to this point of maybe it being FINALLY done. That is what these articles have been saying the past couple of days, right?

Help me out here. Wasn't it about a week ago when there were articles about the HCL being scrapped and they were going back to the 2007 deal but then that wasn't gonna happen either??? I'm confused on the chain of events on this HCL/Erbi agreement that got us to this point of maybe it being FINALLY done. That is what these articles have been saying the past couple of days, right?

You are correct Sun Devil, there are articles frequently that say it's going to go, then one comes out saying it isn't. A lot of the articles are recycled from the past so it is hard to know what is current and what is outdated info. The majority of the "new" news is positive and sounds like things are really progressing nicely, and actually quite rapidly consider that it's Iraq we are talking about. A lot should happen between now and the end of March when they have the big meeting so although it is going to be a long 6 weeks (and I am not convinced they can't RV before then) it should be a positive 6 weeks. :) I hope that helps. Go RV!!!

10/02/2012 10:51

BAGHDAD, Feb.10 (AKnews)- A deal brokered in Erbil which led to the formation of the current Iraqi government is not annulled, said the spokesperson for the Kurdistan Blocs Coalition.

Speaking to AKnews, Farhad Atrushi, said "We do not expect anyone to officially demand cancelling Erbil agreement."

He cited the head of the KBC Fuad Massum as saying that even the National Alliance has no objection against the agreement.

The agreement proposed by Kurdistan Regional President Massoud Barzani ended a nine-month dispute over who should run the government. The deal which was signed by all the major political party leaders in Erbil reinstated Nouri al-Maliki for the second successive term.

Maliki's elections rival, Ayad Allawi whose Iraqiya List won the elections, was promised a National Council for Strategic Policies in return for his concession over PM post. The council was not formed and the PM's State of Law Coalition and Iraqiya began incriminating and accusing each other of violating Erbil pact.

Reports said that last week the largest bloc, the Shiite dominated National Alliance (which includes the SLC, too) proposed a package entitled "Iraq after the U.S. withdrawal", which contained no reference to Erbil agreement. Some NA members said the reason is that Erbil deal "was only for the phase of government formation while the next phase requires a new outlook."

By Haidar Ibrahim

Edited by Abdullah Sabri

http://www.aknews.com/en/aknews/4/289083/

One of the few who posts great news and not BS.

Thank You. I am a fan! Peace...