Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Are we sure this is not a scam?

DinarWhiz

Funny you should put this here today and I am anxious to see the posts to come....That thought crossed my mind the last couple days as people's opinions seem to be all over the place and then there is the posts about how many years in a row the RV has been called on certain months, just has my mind thinking HMMMM....this really is a crazy investment to be in for my first one....LOL :unsure:

Is the Iraqi Dinar you bought REAL? If it is and you didn't pay way too much for it (and you shouldn't have paid more than you could afford to lose and not miss it) then you were NOT a victim of a scam. A scam is those damned gold plated buffalo coins they sell on TV for 9.95 and try to make you think they're gonna be worth money just because they're gold plated. Tell your wife to calm down and forget about it.

• Upvote 5

Please dont neg me . The wife is really getting on me and I just want others opinions on this article.

http://www.learningm...aqi-dinar-scam/

We own a country's currency. As long as you don't have counterfeit bills (which is highly unlikely) then you should be fine. The only part of the Dinar speculation that could be considered a "scam" is the HYPE about the potential RV.

A large RV is not guaranteed, however, if you want to get out, you can sell your Dinar and get most of your money back.

• Upvote 6

The Iraqi Dinar is not a scam. All you did was convert your USD to IQD. No scam in that. Where the scam part come from are unscrupulous dealers and our beloved gurus who constantly pump that the IQD will revalue any day now for years. They continue to say there's no possibility of an RD and were all going to be millionaires. In all reality, the RD is the most logical and likely outcome. Until it happens, we wait and hope.

• Upvote 2

Please dont neg me . The wife is really getting on me and I just want others opinions on this article.

http://www.learningmarkets.com/the-iraqi-dinar-scam/

Obviously Im all in . I have no spent more than I can afford to lose. I just get tired of hearing why isnt it over yet. Ha. Im sure yall can relate. Again Thanks Adam for all you do. I know you wont let us down.

http://www.learningm...aqi-dinar-scam/

Hello my Friend, depending on where you bought yours, and How much you paid, you should be able to get at least 85 per cent of your money back, maybe a little more.

A scam would leave you high and dry.

I think for 15 per cent risk, I'll take it, and believe in it, and see what happens,,Life is full of chances, some win, some lose, one thing about this investment, is we are holding currency, from a oil rich country, with plenty of opportunities, should it re-value. I do believe this is an end time saving grace, that will be bestowed upon us , I do believe we have a winner here

Hope this helps you out, Hug your little misses, and tell her you love her, and ask her to Be a Believer with you and follow the yellow brick road!!rolleyes.gif

Edited by rw.sutton
  • Upvote 4

Even though the dinar is a real currency it is surrounded by a scam like atmosphere. Chances are you may get only what it is actually worth,$860 per million. Most people paid over that amount so what would you consider the extra amount you pay to dealers?A real good profit for their pockets. B)

If you beleive the iraqi dinar will revalue tonight gauranteed then your a victim of hype. The iraqi dinar is likely to revalue in the future but no one is going to be able to tell you. The reasons its not a scam are

Iraq has a majority of the worlds black gold putting it on equal if not larger terms than saudi and kuwait. Because Kuwait and Saudi have large amounts of black gold their currency is very valuable. the reasons why iraqs currency is undervalued is because they have been at war.Also they have only recently(year ago) formed a government. Also they re still under certain sanctions and they have not enacted the oil and gas law which should trigger the rv.Also because of the choas the iraqi people are unjustly improverished and they should not be in this situation especially when their country holds a majority of the worlds black gold. The question you should be asking is not if the currency will rv but when will it rv?

• Upvote 2

Is the Iraqi Dinar you bought REAL? If it is and you didn't pay way too much for it (and you shouldn't have paid more than you could afford to lose and not miss it) then you were NOT a victim of a scam. A scam is those damned gold plated buffalo coins they sell on TV for 9.95 and try to make you think they're gonna be worth money just because they're gold plated. Tell your wife to calm down and forget about it.

Yeah, seen those commercials too... Love they make the statement like 'clad in 14 mg of pure 24k gold'... :lol:

Lets see, there is about 31,100 milligrams in a troy ounce, so 14 mg of gold at $1,700 per troy ounce would mean they used a whopping 76 and 1/2 cents worth of gold to make the coin look pretty and sell to the consumer for $19.95 on their website (think it's $9.95 on TV)... :lol::lol::lol:

• Upvote 2

This investment was brought to me back in the later part of 2003, I researched this investment for 4 yrs inside and out, I spoke with different currency traders and some currency speculators before jumping into this. I am personally vested in this investment for over 200M. I personally don't think this is a scam, however I did not get into this thinking I would make a 3000% profit, I think we will make between 30% and 40%

• Upvote 1

Because Kuwait and Saudi have large amounts of black gold their currency is very valuable."

Actually, Saudi currency is very valuable not because of the "black gold" sitting in the ground like Iraq, but because of the over $500 billion in reserves in their central bank. Saudi wealth isn't potential, it is real.

• Upvote 1

The currency of a nation cannot be a scam. Sure there are scams involving the IQD but speculating on it going up in value is not a scam. Like any investment/speculation it is risky and you may lose every penny you spent on it. Just like all investments. I would bet most people who own IQD had already heard all the information (some of it is false) in that article and like me decided to roll the dice anyways. It's like a trip to Vegas, don't spend more than you can afford to lose, enjoy the ride and hope for the best.

I get tired of these arrogant experts acting like people are too stupid to make a decision for themselves. I don't know of anyone personally that thinks it is a sure thing, we all know the risk.If it all falls down tomorrow and I am left with a pile of pretty paper worth zero, I'm fine with that. Don't put all your eggs in one basket, there are lots of investments out there to look into.

Go RV!

• Upvote 1

I'm might get busted for this but I don't think the currency is a scam it's like a stock or anything else you invest in and hope to see some gain...

Where I see the scam possibility,is through all the threads. If the owners of the web sites know that the dinar couldn't possibly revalue yet they continue with the threads and the posts that have nothing to do with the RV and the ridiculous posts by the scammers which we all know we click on... if there's money to be made every time you read or click on a particular post no matter what site it comes from and they know the dinar is "what it is" that could be considered a scam..it's up to the individual to decide what to study or read...I do see a pattern to the name changes and posting ..it goes in cycles. For all we know it could be the same person with 20 different names....

With all this being said I choose to believe there is some validity to some of the information that is shared on these sites...

I still hold myself fully responsible for the decisions I make in regards to the dinar...and, I truly hope that the Iraq people, find a better life.

Dame

http://www.learningmarkets.com/the-iraqi-dinar-scam/

Owning physical currency from another country is not a scam, but what is a scam, is how this currency is used as a vehicle or tool by those that scam people. Such as those that have pumped up hype about the dinar in order to get people to give them non-refundable deposits for Post Rv parties, or buy into trust accounts, or pump up the "anytime now" type of hype to give the sense of urgency to their members so that they feel they need to buy a "text service" before it is too late and they are the last to know about the RV, etc, all based on false pretenses and lies. These are the scams in this, where some site owners out there use this investment as a tool to fool those that have never invested in something like this before, or lack the basic understandings of the true risks of this type of an investment. Most do not have the basic understanding of what a redenomination even is, or means, or what and how it would affect our investment. The real scam artists in this investment are those that twist and distort the truth so that they make people believe something that is a risk, is not really a risk at all.

Now, if you know how to pick those people out in the Dinar forum community, and avoid them, are willing to do the research about all of the potentials, as well as the risks, and understand the risks even if it is not what you want to hear, and then follow all the facts and details closely, and treat this as any other currency investment, then purchasing Dinars, with hopes that you will have a realistic appreciation of your dinars to cover your costs over the CBI rate, and then make some gains after that, that in itself is definitely not a scam.

• Upvote 1

:blink: Oh, well if it is, it is what it is.... Take a chance buy a lottery ticket, buy stocks in GM, it is all taking a chance.....

seriously...you want to compare buying dinar to buying GM stack as an investment.....as being the same risk, the same thing? :shakehead: Nuff said :lol: Now equating it to a lottery ticket, that's more like it....problem is, none of the people pushing the sale of dinar tell you it's a crap shoot.....they keep coming at you with ideas of grandure and untold wealth that has to happen eventually. It does NOT.

Even Adam characterizes this investment as "highly risky" with a chance that it may not RV for a few years, possibly never. That's where you need to get your head at....then you won't hang on every word in the rumor section and fall into the super hyped riches beyond your wildest dream.....our ship has arrived....it's done done done.......cause the bank screen went black :lmao:

• Upvote 3

I have always felt that as long as I had real currency in my hands then it was not a scam. I only purchased the IQD with the belief that they would reduce the money supply. They are In fact doing just that in Iraq. This week on DV there is an article, an opinion piece that states the fact that the money supply is being reduced but the writer does not believe it will strengthen the value of the Dinar. I believe differently and that's speculation. If we reduced our money supply USD and destroyed it. What would happen to the value of our USD? that's right it would gain value!!

The comments of Mr Jorgenson are missing many critical references like the IMF, UN chapter 7 , CBI quotes etc. I do believe that he will have to go into the witness protection program soon. Because he will have alot of unhappy readers....

I have always felt that as long as I had real currency in my hands then it was not a scam. I only purchased the IQD with the belief that they would reduce the money supply. They are In fact doing just that in Iraq. This week on DV there is an article, an opinion piece that states the fact that the money supply is being reduced but the writer does not believe it will strengthen the value of the Dinar. I believe differently and that's speculation. If we reduced our money supply USD and destroyed it. What would happen to the value of our USD? that's right it would gain value!!

The comments of Mr Jorgenson are missing many critical references like the IMF, UN chapter 7 , CBI quotes etc. I do believe that he will have to go into the witness protection program soon. Because he will have alot of unhappy readers....

Thanks for the information unirod. Do you have the link that states that they are reducing the money supply? I agree with you though, if they were to reduce the money supply, then no doubt, I agree that they can provide a higher exchange rate against the dollar. To be able to do anything of significance, they would need to reduce the supply about 26 Trillion Dinar though. The CBI's Key Financial Indicators show that the money outside of the banks actually increased in the month of December to 27.6 Trillion Dinars, but I have not yet seen anything for January 2012. It would be nice to see a drastic decline in that number though, so I guess we will have to wait and see what January's numbers will show. I am not expecting to see multi trillion Dinar reduction in supply though, but we shall see.

Edited by JayP

Thanks for the information unirod. Do you have the link that states that they are reducing the money supply? I agree with you though, if they were to reduce the money supply, then no doubt, I agree that they can provide a higher exchange rate against the dollar. To be able to do anything of significance, they would need to reduce the supply about 26 Trillion Dinar though. The CBI's Key Financial Indicators show that the money outside of the banks actually increased in the month of December to 27.6 Trillion Dinars, but I have not yet seen anything for January 2012. It would be nice to see a drastic decline in that number though, so I guess we will have to wait and see what January's numbers will show. I am not expecting to see multi trillion Dinar reduction in supply though, but we shall see.

JayP,

The article was posted by K98nights 2/07/2012 Titled; "Economic Analyst Ihdhirmn the emergence of the phenomenom of fraud and money laundering coinciding with the implementation of the project." http://ikhnews.com/n...n=view&id=32354 sorry I had to type it all out. Still need to learn how to cut&paste links You will find that the analyst thinks the CBI is wrong in in their policy of implementation.

JayP,

The article was posted by K98nights 2/07/2012 Titled; "Economic Analyst Ihdhirmn the emergence of the phenomenom of fraud and money laundering coinciding with the implementation of the project." http://ikhnews.com/n...n=view&id=32354 sorry I had to type it all out. Still need to learn how to cut&paste links You will find that the analyst thinks the CBI is wrong in in their policy of implementation.

Thanks unirod! I will take a look at this, and I appreciate your even taking the time to type it out even! :twothumbs:

I went into the link, and for whatever the reason though, the link did not work. I appreciate your trying though :)

Edited by JayP

I noticed the article was from 2009...but seems to still be very very relevant. The scam is the hype, Iraq can't afford a huge RV...not with the amount they have in circulation. Odds are they will follow the steps outlined in the article and redenominate.

The dealers are making 20% right off the top..which is a pretty good margin. So the scam isn't that they have sold you something that doesn't have value it is that they sold you something at a significant mark up based on the hype that you will get rich from it.

Truth is if you got in very very early you would have done okay by now...now rich by ahead. Although there are other investments that have done better.

• Upvote 4

If you beleive the iraqi dinar will revalue tonight gauranteed then your a victim of hype. The iraqi dinar is likely to revalue in the future but no one is going to be able to tell you. The reasons its not a scam are

Iraq has a majority of the worlds black gold putting it on equal if not larger terms than saudi and kuwait. Because Kuwait and Saudi have large amounts of black gold their currency is very valuable. the reasons why iraqs currency is undervalued is because they have been at war.Also they have only recently(year ago) formed a government. Also they re still under certain sanctions and they have not enacted the oil and gas law which should trigger the rv.Also because of the choas the iraqi people are unjustly improverished and they should not be in this situation especially when their country holds a majority of the worlds black gold. The question you should be asking is not if the currency will rv but when will it rv?

Just because a country has oil does not mean they are rich or that their currency is or will be worth alot. Mexico, Venezuela and a lot of poor African nations have lots of Oil.

Kuwait has and always has had more than just oil going for it. They have agriculture and also have a lot of money in foreign investments.

• Upvote 1