Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Adam's Official Chat 2/8/12

kcw

TimS, looks like your a little "fed up" with this investment. I look at the situation in Iraq and see a great deal of progress in all the areas you mentioned. Do they still have problems? Certainly! Will they "get it all together?" That's what we are hoping will happen. Does it get frustrating? Indubitably so! Sometimes I feel like I am back were I started. But checking out what has come down the pike the last 6 months, I see that we are a long way down the pike. (Or as the metaphor being used, we are a long way toward the end of the race.)

Be cool and stay focused. Their get the checkered flag ready. (Yep. Their is argument over who is going to wave it!)

• Upvote 5

TimS, looks like your a little "fed up" with this investment. I look at the situation in Iraq and see a great deal of progress in all the areas you mentioned. Do they still have problems? Certainly! Will they "get it all together?" That's what we are hoping will happen. Does it get frustrating? Indubitably so! Sometimes I feel like I am back were I started. But checking out what has come down the pike the last 6 months, I see that we are a long way down the pike. (Or as the metaphor being used, we are a long way toward the end of the race.)

Be cool and stay focused. Their get the checkered flag ready. (Yep. Their is argument over who is going to wave it!)

Quite the contrary......I'm comfortable in the fact that this thing will RV "in a couple of years or more." What I'm fed up with is the people who want to bash if anything gets said to the affect that it won't RV tomorrow or there abouts. It seems like if you aren't going along with the optimistic (in my opinion unrealistic) opinion that the RV is going to happen very soon you are some sort of naysayer or one that has given up and should sell their dinar :P

Almost know one, very few at the very most is willing to even contemplate (discuss) that this thing is really quite some time away from happening???? And frankly, I don't get it.....they would rather ignore the issues cause the truth may be too painful? That's absurd.....you might as well listen to Okie everyday. Talk about ramming your head into a brick wall daily....OUCH B)

• Upvote 8
  • Downvote 3

TimS,

totally get where your coming from. I personally would rather

take the positive approach( I know the negative side is there) & focus on EXPETENCY OF RECEIVING

this little gift. There are times when I will look @ the guru BS & just shake my head because I know EXACTLY thats what it is.

I ALWAYS tell myself in 1 hr, 1 day, 1 week, 1 month, 1 yr, 10 yrs this is gonna happen & just be realistic as to the time frame.

Of course this is JUST ME. GO RV.

WE will always have the negs w/ us. LOL they have very fast fingers & bad attitudes.

• Upvote 7

Everyone, don't turn this into a negative situation... we all know it's going to take time.

I apologize if I seemed "down", I'm not... I just hate left turns. :lol:

You know, I actually knew that... but I pulled the analogy out of the air and didn't bother to think it through.

My apologies to any NASCAR / INDY car fans. Especially the one in DinarThug's post :lmao:

No offense taken to Nascar fans... these last few laps are slower because it's a "restrictor" race ( fyi: and the cars have to go a little slower ) but we can still see the finish line up ahead. Thanks for the sense you bring to all of us! We just need to stay grounded... Go HCL!!!

• Upvote 2

Quite the contrary......I'm comfortable in the fact that this thing will RV "in a couple of years or more." What I'm fed up with is the people who want to bash if anything gets said to the affect that it won't RV tomorrow or there abouts. It seems like if you aren't going along with the optimistic (in my opinion unrealistic) opinion that the RV is going to happen very soon you are some sort of naysayer or one that has given up and should sell their dinar :P

Almost know one, very few at the very most is willing to even contemplate (discuss) that this thing is really quite some time away from happening???? And frankly, I don't get it.....they would rather ignore the issues cause the truth may be too painful? That's absurd.....you might as well listen to Okie everyday. Talk about ramming your head into a brick wall daily....OUCH B)

Tim, I completely get what you are saying. I will offer my opinion that there has been more progress with Kuwait than before, not so sure about HCL...more drama to that one it seems. Not sure I'd say it's more than a year away if the talks with Kuwait this month go well. Perhaps the Kurds will begin to encourage Iraq's progress after hearing that Kuwait is on board? Could really speed things along and I am very hopeful for the outcome of Maliki's visit.

Anyway, the reason I posted is to suggest to those who want to slam negs to someone offering a very well thought out opinion...at least be man enough or woman enough to post your own opinion. TimS obviously does research and despite all the button pushers, continues to do what a REAL DV patron would do...encourage mature and legitimate debate. He has even remained light hearted and mature in his responses. There is nothing Guru'ish about what he stated. Even Adam has said as much as far as time lines go even though his bottom line opinion is for a much sooner RV.

My last thought on this. Don't turn this site into a site for ignorence by turning your red button on those who bring the DV forum credibility. I love that we are NOT all OKIE fluff puffers. Keep it real, folks, and keep it mature.

• Upvote 5

The sun just broke thru in Rock Island and the "race" is back underway :)

I predict NO more cautions and a speedy conclusion to the "race".

Try to be happy and positive about all this, the "race" will end, and there will be winner (s).........US!!

:twothumbs:

I certainly hope you are right! :)

• Upvote 1

Never been a NASCAR "fan", but have to add this. I had a friend take me to Talledaga one year. I went for the cultural experience, but have to admit, it was a blast live!

There is nothing like seeing a race live at Talladega.Also the party is pretty awesome too. ;) If your into that kind of thing.

• Upvote 1

[Adam Montana] I am a VERY patient person

[Adam Montana] but for the first time in a long time

[Adam Montana] i am annoyed with Iraq

End Quote

Ahhhh.....Tell me about it...........

Sounds like we are back to wait and see mode....here goes another year :P

Sxxt.......Entering another year? my 9th......Ok then......I'd settle for 10 cents right now and then forget about it if I'd be given the chance...

Edited by umbertino
  • Upvote 5

[Adam Montana] I am a VERY patient person

[Adam Montana] but for the first time in a long time

[Adam Montana] i am annoyed with Iraq

End Quote

Ahhhh.....Tell me about it...........

Sxxt.......Entering another year? my 9th......Ok then......I'd settle for 10 cents right now and then forget about it if I'd be given the chance...

.10 cents and I'm OUT! Make it so... LOL

• Upvote 2

You need to open your eyes.....that sunshine is only in your dreams B) How can you ignore what is actually taking place in Iraq....things like: HCL still not passed, GOI still not completely seated, 3 main parties still not working together, infrastructure is in same aweful shape it was in 2002, still no real security in country for any foreign workers.....especially Americans, there isn't even security for their own citizens yet,....even Adam sees the inaction of the government and can't say why :P

Bottom line.....this was high risk invetsment from day one. We saw all that oil and gas, figured if the country went to a democracy they would join the rest of the world and we would make boat loads of cash. Granted, a lot of that presumption was based on the pumpers get everyone excited over top secret theories like Bush's PLAN or the Rothchilds economic domination of world banking scheme. The more sensable people went along with people like Adam who said 10 cents per dinar was a realistic and still very profitable forecast, which could be supported with reason and facts. Never the less, we all got here for the sole reason to make money.....nobody really cares why Iraq will RV, we just want it done.

The problem as I see it is this......it does not look like a democracy will work in Iraq because the 3 main players cannot, will not and have no interest in working together for a common good. They have a hatred for each other that is backed by thousands of years of killing. They cannot get past the mistrust and self interests.....there are fundamental differences that they have no interest in resolving because each group thinks they are right. It is impossible to get people to compromise on issues when the issues are faith based....everyone wants to believe that God is on their side. Most of these people still live in the past and it will take years of education to affect change. Granted, technology is promoting that change at a much faster rate than ever before.....but be realistic. Just because they have the ability to see what is going on around them in the rest of the world, doesn't mean the peoploe in charge want them to change. It's always about the power.....power you get from money......the clerics, shahs, iman and other politicians don't want to give up their wealth for the betterment of the people. They are so far from being that noble....if you ever went to Iraq you would see that in a second. Go into a museum in Iraq.....walk around...then go outside.....look around.......no difference ;)

Now the current news includes talk of splitting up the country into 3 states......the HCL is on the table, off the table, going back to the drawing board, back on the table, off the table, I'm dizzy.....Maliki wants to be a dictator, now he's playing nice, Maliki is in Iran's pocket, Allawi would make a better PM, Allawi should be shot, somebody make up their mind please.....

Keep in mind we have only 2 big parties in this country and we are the poster child of democracy....and yet everytime we have a president who does not have his party in control of both houses....we basically get nothing done. And the majority of the people suffer, not the politicians or the rest of the wealthy. Same goes for Iraq....you think just because we got them to set up a democratic gov, they will operate as we do....EXACTLY. The problem is they've had a lame duck government since day one and there is NO sign that it is going to change anytime soon.

Without a stable government there will be no forward progress, no inovation, no power for the people, no in country security, and NO RV!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! They will just continue to do business as they have been for the last 50 years. They do not have to RV, the IMF or UN or World Bank cannot make them RV. Iraq has what the rest of the world wants, so in the end they can do whatever they choose to do. And so far, they are choosing to sell oil and gas for US dollars and there is obviously no compelling reason that they should change from that.

I say we won't see an RV for at least 2 to 3 years...... ;) JMHO

LOL ok Tim i expect to see you in 2-3 years and not a day before see ya in 2014. No need to post or bother checking forum right?

• Upvote 7

Let's compare it to Base Ball smile.gif

Waiting & seeing a GRAND SLAM emot-woot.gif

Thanks for the Update th_smiley_two_thumbs_up.gif

Go RV cool.gifcool.gif

Yeah, baseball is a better comparison......men scratching or rearranging balls, spitting, screaming at the ump's.......yeah Iraq and Baseball are pretty much identical........biggrin.gif

I know it may be quite some time before the RV. I already know that. All of us already know it. While I don't presume to speak for anyone else in reply to your insistence that the RV is probably a long time away, I, for one, don't even want to think about that, let alone to discuss it. What I don't understand is why do you? Why do you want to discuss the fact that it might be several years away? How would such a discussion help you? What would you need from someone else in that discussion to shut you up? And if it were to happen, even if others here wanted to join you and to wallow with you in the possiblity that the RV might never happen, exactly what would you get out of it?

You asked why most of us don't want to do that, so here is my answer (others may have other replies just as valid)--I don't want to do this because I don't want to allow for the possiblity. I believe we draw into our lives what we expect, and I do not intend to get into that land of dispair with you . Also as someone who has lived a number of years and experienced more than her share of disappointment and pain, I can tell you clearly that I would get nothing, nada, zilch, zero, aught, ought, nothing at all out of participating in a discussion about how the RV might very well not happen at all.

I have learned that sadness, pain, and disappointment catch up with us all too dam soon, and going out to meet them and glad-hand them, for me to to welcome them into my life, does not make me more fit for them, more prepared for them, more receptive to them, or to even like them better when they come along. Doing that just makes me unhappy sooner, and thus unhappy even longer should it be true. That's it. That's all it does. So as far as I am concerned (and I can speak only for myself), being unhappy, scared, worried, and feeling despair more than is necessary in this old life just isn't on my to-do list--not today, and frankly, not any other day either.

To me, if it's true that the RV won't happen, we'll know soon enough. So if you choose to push this, to me you are on your own. Leave me out of it. I have enough real, actual, factual difficulty in this life right now, and I will not add to it one moment's worry about something that hasn't even happened yet. So don't expect me to participate in your worry-fest. Not gonna' happen to this girl!! But if someone else wants to do it, all I ask is that you take it to its own post so you don't sully the rest of the site, and clearly label it Loser's Talk, so the rest of us don't accidentally stumble into it. Best wishes. Oh, yes . . . P.S. I'd still be interested in what you would get out of this, in case you have a legitimate answer. Otherwise, don't bother. JMO for what it's worth. :)

• Upvote 9
  • Downvote 2

Thx for the post kcw and Thx for Another Informative Chat Adam ! ;)

U Gave Us Alot To Think About So I'm Gonna Put On My "Thinking Cap" And Try To Enjoy The Rest Of This Race ...

sports-pictures-fan-drunk-rednecks0000.jpg?w=490

Awww Thug ya beat me to it.... I was gonna say that the main body of the race gives the fans time to drink their 24 pack of beer... and go to the bathroom multiple times!laugh.gif And Adam, you got that right... the last 5 laps... they are glued to their seats in anticipation!wink.gif

Let's hope this one is winding down sooner than they seem to make us want to believe! Come on boyz... git-r-dun!!!biggrin.gif

Thanks for posting the chat kcw! wink.gif

GO RV Already Baby!!!cool.gif

Edited by RodandStaff
  • Upvote 1

.10 cents and I'm OUT! Make it so... LOL

A year is a fairly short time to people who still sometimes travel by camel.

I know it may be quite some time before the RV. I already know that. All of us already know it. While I don't presume to speak for anyone else in reply to your insistence that the RV is probably a long time away, I, for one, don't even want to think about that, let alone to discuss it. What I don't understand is why do you? Why do you want to discuss the fact that it might be several years away? How would such a discussion help you? What would you need from someone else in that discussion to shut you up? And if it were to happen, even if others here wanted to join you and to wallow with you in the possiblity that the RV might never happen, exactly what would you get out of it?

You asked why most of us don't want to do that, so here is my answer (others may have other replies just as valid)--I don't want to do this because I don't want to allow for the possiblity. I believe we draw into our lives what we expect, and I do not intend to get into that land of despair with you . Also as someone who has lived a number of years and experienced more than her share of disappointment and pain, I can tell you clearly that I would get nothing, nada, zilch, zero, aught, ought, nothing at all out of participating in a discussion about how the RV might very well not happen at all.

I have learned that sadness, pain, and disappointment catch up with us all too dam soon, and going out to meet them and glad-hand them, for me to to welcome them into my life, does not make me more fit for them, more prepared for them, more receptive to them, or to even like them better when they come along. Doing that just makes me unhappy sooner, and thus unhappy even longer should it be true. That's it. That's all it does. So as far as I am concerned (and I can speak only for myself), being unhappy, scared, worried, and feeling despair more than is necessary in this old life just isn't on my to-do list--not today, and frankly, not any other day either.

To me, if it's true that the RV won't happen, we'll know soon enough. So if you choose to push this, to me you are on your own. Leave me out of it. I have enough real, actual, factual difficulty in this life right now, and I will not add to it one moment's worry about something that hasn't even happened yet. So don't expect me to participate in your worry-fest. Not gonna' happen to this girl!! But if someone else wants to do it, all I ask is that you take it to its own post so you don't sully the rest of the site, and clearly label it Loser's Talk, so the rest of us don't accidentally stumble into it. Best wishes. Oh, yes . . . P.S. I'd still be interested in what you would get out of this, in case you have a legitimate answer. Otherwise, don't bother. JMO for what it's worth. :)

• Upvote 1

Wow Francie... you hit the nail on the head, dang your articulate... way to go!th_smiley_two_thumbs_up.gif I just wanna give ya a big hug for that one!emot-hug.gif(I also wish I could give you more than +1).

And to Tim... if your smart..... you will take this advice to heart and take the beating you were just handed and stay out of it... imo .... again... that's if your smart. wink.gif Or you can keep arguing and prove your lack of wisdom. rolleyes.gif The choice is up to you.

Edited by RodandStaff
  • Upvote 4