Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

I like this from SpaceCowboy

Alex38

F that doesn't give you a quick overview of how bad it is there, then consider this: it is estimated that in the next 7 years, Italy will only be able to pay off 4% of the loans it has taken in the last 12 months! That means they are, at the very best, going to default on 96% of all bonds purchased!

End Quote

Bad it is but we are hanging on.. What else can we do anyway...

Expecting to see some results from this techie Gov't led by Mr.Monti ( ex Goldman Sachs Advisor just like current Greek Prime Minister Papademos).

True that my Country has always been on the verge of crap.. In situations even worse than this one......Miraculously it always panned out in the end... Let's see what happens this time.. Honestly I'm reasonably concerned but not to the edge of a nervous breakdown....I've learned about political and economic crises in this Country for at least 30 years...

Our real problem is huge tax-evasion and lack of a serious industrial economic growth policy ( you can add organized crime too)

Edited by umbertino

Talking about problems.. Forgot to mention inept corrupt politicians which is a real issue but not just a prerogative of Italy ( I know... very meager consolation)..

It's out of question that we had the absolutely worst Prime Minister of Western Europe since the end of World War II...

F that doesn't give you a quick overview of how bad it is there, then consider this: it is estimated that in the next 7 years, Italy will only be able to pay off 4% of the loans it has taken in the last 12 months! That means they are, at the very best, going to default on 96% of all bonds purchased!

End Quote

Bad it is but we are hanging on.. What else can we do anyway...

Expecting to see some results from this techie Gov't led by Mr.Monti ( ex Goldman Sachs Advisor just like current Greek Prime Minister Papademos).

True that my Country has always been on the verge of crap.. In situations even worse than this one......Miraculously it always panned out in the end... Let's see what happens this time.. Honestly I'm reasonably concerned but not to the edge of a nervous breakdown....I've learned about political and economic crises in this Country for at least 30 years...

Our real problem is huge tax-evasion and lack of a serious industrial economic growth policy ( you can add organized crime too)

I feel for you Umbertino. I hope when this pops things have a dramatic improvement for all over there(including you of course).

• Upvote 1

I feel for you Umbertino. I hope when this pops things have a dramatic improvement for all over there(including you of course).

Thank you...Again.. Situation is bad but not ( yet and I hope it never will) at the level of Greece.

I do hope the counter-trend will slowly begin...So far Mr.Monti's recipe has been ( which is obvious) blood, sweat and tears....

To add insult to the injury... Right now a good half of the Country is buried under a lot of snow...Inefficiency is shown... Once again.

Edited by umbertino

Italy will have another hey day spending spree and be back in the poop house within a few years. As umberto said, it's always been that way in Italy. The North is the only viable, productive economy and the south has rampant un-employment and is run by corrupt politicians and the mob.

Nice place to visit, but I wouldn't want to live there. Their young people have nothing to do and they're working on their second lost generation... just like Japan!

Don't ya just love those huggable lefties! laugh.gif