Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

This is What Its All About

TexasGranny

Good one! My Mom just hit 96 and is still living alone. She has this type of spirit; full of joy, laughter, and constant joking with the "kids" (all of us are 60 and 70's now). Thanks for sharing.

Congrats... That's awesome, my Friend.. I wish I could still have my Mother and my Father.

All I can say is Precious, Absolutely PRECIOUS!

Thanks Granny for bringing this to us...so what is your secret for a great, long marriage?

We will be hitting 10 years next month, any words of advice?? :D

I know ... I know ... the secret to a successful marriage ... I know !!!!!

My first marriage lasted five and a half months. My second marriage lasted 34 years and if he hadn't passed away two years ago we'd still be celebrating at year 36.

The secret ... be friends first. Make sure you nurture the friendship part of marriage. There will be times when you don't want to be a mate. When you don't want to be an intimate partner. When you don't want to be married and burdened with all that goes with it. There will be times when picking up his dirty socks will drive you to violence and times when he will want to ram his pick up into your suv just to get rid of the feeling of being powerless. There will be times when ... well, hey, you've been married for ten years already so I am not telling you anything new here.

But ... and this is the big but ... if you are friends, no matter how much you don't want to be a wife, or a husband, at any particular time for any particular reason, and there are lots of both in a marriage ... you will still be friends. You will want your friend to be happy. If he is your friend he will want you to be happy. And when the aggravation passes you will still have each other and be thankful for the friendship that helps to hold you together through the rough times.

So, take the good times, especially the tiny little good times, and make them part of the friendship nurturing process. It pays off in a happy marriage.

My husband and I were best friends for two years before we even looked at each other as the opposite gender. I knew him, and spent most of my time with him, for those two years without so much as a kiss on the lips. It was always a kiss on the cheek if that. Then one day we realized we were not happy apart. So, we made it official and got married and thirty four years down the road we were still in love and still best of friends. And honestly, losing my friend was harder than losing my husband. So, grab that friendship with both hands and hold on tight.

There you go, the secret. Now how DO they get the caramel in the Caramilk chocolalte bar? Hmmmmmm.

hahahaha

smee2

• Upvote 1

All I can say is Precious, Absolutely PRECIOUS!

Thanks Granny for bringing this to us...so what is your secret for a great, long marriage?

We will be hitting 10 years next month, any words of advice?? :D

RESPECT for each other is number 1. B)

Never let the sun set on an argument or disagreement. Always kiss and makeup.

Give each other the space and freedom for their own individuality.

The old adage of it takes two mules to pull this wagon should be applied.

Work together :hug:

Play together :)

Love together :wub:

Don't try to change each other - after all, you fell in love with them as they were, if you make them change, you may not like what you get.

:twocents:

• Upvote 2

RESPECT for each other is number 1. B)

Never let the sun set on an argument or disagreement. Always kiss and makeup.

Give each other the space and freedom for their own individuality.

The old adage of it takes two mules to pull this wagon should be applied.

Work together :hug:

Play together :)

Love together :wub:

Don't try to change each other - after all, you fell in love with them as they were, if you make them change, you may not like what you get.

:twocents:

Holy words... Thanks.....