Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Latest to not delete Zeros

drc85260

No worries, I do not get offended easily.. and appreciate you at least asking the right questions. :)

Here, let me give you the entire quote about how this was done in the past and this may explain it better regarding all of the items you mentioned above regarding accounts, electronic funds, etc:

Implementation of the new currency shall be made according to the following schedule:

- July 1, 2005: introduction of the new leu (RON). All account balances, credit and debit, shall be converted to RON and all banking transfers, accounting documents and supporting payment instruments, starting on this date, shall be performed and drawn up only in RON;

- July 1, 2005 – June 30, 2006: double posting of prices, both in old and new leu, including forex exchange rates. The exchange rates shall be expressed with four decimals, without any rounding;

- December 31, 2006: Until this date both the old and new leu shall be accepted for cash payments. There is no time limit for exchanging ROL notes and coins for RON notes and coins at the National Bank of Romania branches performing cash operations and at the credit institutions authorised to perform such operations by order of the National Bank of Romania Governor (para 4, article 2 of Law no. 348/2004 as amended).

https://www.isdadocs.org/speeches/memopdf/Redenomination-Memo-061405.pdf

The CBI has stated that they plan to do the same as Romania, and other nations that have stated the same thing. If you see what I put above, it will fully explain this process for you though. This is what happens in a redenomination though. I do however agree, it is a complicated process, and opens the door for money laundering, counterfeiting, etc, in the process, which is why the Govt opposes the idea, and feels that there is not enough benefits of this process to justify the cost and efforts. Like we all discussed earlier, the good thing is that they are still discussing it, and nothing is set in stone, and let's hope that the Govt get's their way, not the CBI, but it is definitely something that we need to take into very serious consideration as a very real possibility at this point, or we are doing ourselves a serious disservice as investors.

Here is another country that did something similar, but did a good job of describing the definition and process as well:

http://www.cenbank.org/redenomination/newpolicy.asp

I hope this helps explain those items you asked about :D

That is correct Stryker.. 100K dinar now is worth about 86 USD, and if it became 100 Dinars, and if the new rate was 1.00 for the new notes, then it would be 100 USD. That would show a profit post Rd of $14 per 100 new dinar, minus dealer fees, spread, etc.

Their not saying its going to become a 100 dinar lopster....stop smoking the funny stuff....you give lopsters a bad name...you now are adding words to my post lopster.....

Good luck with this guy guys and gals I'm done when people start adding to ones post to make it what he wants...see yea.. :wave:

I got better things to do....

Edited by Stryker365
  • Upvote 4
  • Downvote 4

Their not saying its going to become a 100 dinar lopster....stop smoking the funny stuff....you give lopsters a bad name...your now are adding words to my post lopster.....

Good luck with this guy guys and gals I'm done when people start adding to ones post to make it what he wants...see yea.. :wave:

I got better things to do....

Whoa.. :blink: relax there Stryker.. here is what YOU said:

"The ones your talking about have examples like these;

the new 100 dinar note will have a value of 100,000 dinar are currently

the new 200 dinar note will have a value of 200,000 dinar are currently "

That was your words, so please do not be angry with me. The new 100 Dinar note will have a value of 100,000 dinar currently. That means that the current value of a 100,000 dinar note is 86.00 USD, so which would mean that the new 100 dinar note will also be worth 86.00 Dinar. That means that a current 100,000 Dinar note that is worth .00086 per dinar, and the new 100 dinar note will have a value of .86. All I was saying was that I AGREE with what YOU said, that they will have the same value. That is the intent of a Redenomination.

SO, before you get all worked up in a frenzy, look at what you typed before jumping all over someone that agreed with your statement. If I misunderstood YOUR post, then maybe you should be a bit more clear, but then again, you also refused to provide any supporting document as well as stated in the same post.

My apologies if there was a misunderstanding.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

I think everyone should be go relax for a couple months and when July 12th comes up.... THEN WE PARTY!

That was the day I met the love of my life. 1997 CART qualifying at the Cleveland Airport racetrack. Thank you for mentioning that date. I will smile all day.

Methanol in the morning, Stryker!

Edited by Carrello

before you read this im a huge fan of the run-on sentence lol i believe i have a fairly analiytical mind so here are my thought processes on this investment when i was new at this i had 1million deenar after the poorus had there way with me i now have 6mill can i get some plus from people that know of which i speak, no regreats lol now at first we had dates that i thought were solid a yaer ago and new ones that had come to pass,so sticking with the news and analizing repeated rd type it seams to that if they were going to rd they wouldn't A)stop auctions or minimize them who cares they make money on the spread,what does it matter if iran or syria has iqd if they rd it wouldn't iranians would have money worth less than theirs if thats possible lolB)the big screen tv's used to anounce "congradulation folks we are pleased to inform you we just RD your money come up and get your new coins hand over your old 25000 dollar note here is 100 pounds of change"I HOPE YOU FEED YOUR CAMEL TODAY HE'S GOING TO NEED IT" im laughing while picturing our own clown network anouncing this drunk on martinis on a camel sorry poetic licenece footnote to the crowd "did you know these tv's are worth more than you make in ten years if you had a jobC)JOBS-does a RD acomplish this but it does keep status-quo nicelyRV-however may not help the people immidiately but a strong currency tells the world we are ready for business ergo business feel alittle safer in doing business in this region and laws would most likely state they had to hire a certain percentage of iraqui's now we have happy employed people un-empolyment goes down indiscriminant shootings go down(i would hope)(D) Now here is something that i will through out there did clinton actualy bring his deficit down because of kuwait's RI if this is true then it's safe to say usa has iqd(RD doesn't help the budget but RV does) (E)they are richer than anyplace in the world 1\10th of a cent pleaaaaaaaaase think of in these terms if i was going to buy a stock that had these riches and govenments wavying debt and esentially all they had to do was pass a few laws and seat a government im in which i am between myself and my family we have 21 mill i sleep well at night because we are extremly close imo keep in mind we have dates that we thought were important operative word here is WE so based on this i think that before they have the summit we will se the RV YAH BABY anyway just a few of my thought's peace i love u guys and dolls dave

• Upvote 1

That was the day I met the love of my life. 1997 CART qualifying at the Cleveland Airport racetrack. Thank you for mentioning that date. I will smile all day.

Methanol in the morning, Stryker!

That is great Carrello.. see, no matter what, you are a winner on that day :)

Nicely put...someones else give this man a +, I just used my last one on him.....heck, everyone give this man one.... :D

by the way out of neg's and I think everyone knows where they went.... :lol::lol:

One for Darin

One for you

Wow, someone throw this guy a bone....so the dog can play with him...he needs a friend....

IGNORE BUTTON. I only see his responses when someone else responds to him, and I scratch my head at that.

That was your words, so please do not be angry with me. The new 100 Dinar note will have a value of 100,000 dinar currently. That means that the current value of a 100,000 dinar note is 86.00 USD, so which would mean that the new 100 dinar note will also be worth 86.00 Dinar. That means that a current 100,000 Dinar note that is worth .00086 per dinar, and the new 100 dinar note will have a value of .86. All I was saying was that I AGREE with what YOU said, that they will have the same value. That is the intent of a Redenomination.

SO, before you get all worked up in a frenzy, look at what you typed before jumping all over someone that agreed with your statement. If I misunderstood YOUR post, then maybe you should be a bit more clear, but then again, you also refused to provide any supporting document as well as stated in the same post.

hey jayp! :lol:

LMAO! how in the world did you come up with that??? LMAO!!!

And you state it as fact!!! LMAO!!! that your interpretation....doesnt mean it right....are you really that board??? Cmon I'm sure you can find better places to troll....dont bother answering my question on this....Im done arguing the lop no lop thing.....its so boring now.....doesnt really matter....what happens is what happens.....the silly juvenile Lop talk is just Olddd.....just dont state your interpretation as fact....thats all....thats the biggest problem with you lopsters.....you all wanna act as if your interpretations are FACT in most case..."cause the CBI said so" WHO CARES....they are not gunna tell you the truth.....atleast the pro RV guys and gals truly see both sides of the LOP....how couldnt we??? Alot of info points to both sides as far as I see it BUT if Im guna be in the crazy ass game then IM DAMN SURE NOT GONNA HANG AROUND HERE.....if ALLL I see is a LOP! Get out while the gettin is good....I know alot of you are just way to smart for all of us dinar dummies....we got it....thanks anyways!

Seriously........RD or RVVVVV......Im just the winner type and I say RV....

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

Is The Redenomination Policy A Re-Valuation Or Resort To A Fixed Exchange Rate Regime?

No. Redenomination is not the same as revaluation. A revaluation entails an official adjustment of the exchange value of a country’s currency (usually an upward change in value) relative to other currencies by fiat under a fixed exchange rate regime

If you look at other article they are Translated by Iraqdirectory.com. This is not a real article. This is a journalist rendition of what they think from an article that was written. They are for the LOP.

Here is the contact for Iraqdirectory.

Contct info:

CANADA HiTECH

PO Box 89043, Dubai

United Arab Emirates

Tel: +971-50-4507165

Tel: +971-50-6319536

OMA Information Technology

Al Mansour,

Al Chaderchi Bldg., 3rd floor

Baghdad - Iraq

Tel: +964-790-3362974

Tel: +964-780-1374145

• Upvote 2

LMAO! how in the world did you come up with that??? LMAO!!!

And you state it as fact!!! LMAO!!! that your interpretation....doesnt mean it right....are you really that board??? Cmon I'm sure you can find better places to troll....dont bother answering my question on this....Im done arguing the lop no lop thing.....its so boring now.....doesnt really matter....what happens is what happens.....the silly juvenile Lop talk is just Olddd.....just dont state your interpretation as fact....thats all....thats the biggest problem with you lopsters.....you all wanna act as if your interpretations are FACT in most case..."cause the CBI said so" WHO CARES....they are not gunna tell you the truth.....atleast the pro RV guys and gals truly see both sides of the LOP....how couldnt we??? Alot of info points to both sides as far as I see it BUT if Im guna be in the crazy ass game then IM DAMN SURE NOT GONNA HANG AROUND HERE.....if ALLL I see is a LOP! Get out while the gettin is good....I know alot of you are just way to smart for all of us dinar dummies....we got it....thanks anyways!

Seriously........RD or RVVVVV......Im just the winner type and I say RV....

Well, if it is that easy, then I say RV too, but I am thinking the CBI does not care about what you or I want. No need to be upset though, just for having a good, but important discussion, and as an investor I try to get all the facts out there, regardless if it is good or bad.

You replied as if I must be wrong in my interpretation, and I say, that is fine, in fact I welcome being wrong in this case! :lol: . When you see a quote that states the following, what is your take on it then?:

"he new 100 dinar note will have a value of 100,000 dinar are currently

What does this mean to you, and how else should the sentence that the new 100 dinar note will have a value of 100,000 dinar are currently? At last check, the current value of 100,000 dinar is $86 dollars. If the new 100 dinar is worth 100 $86, then what do you think your dinars will be worth? In an earlier post, this video was even provided, that even clear explained that they could declare a new unit of currency:

http://english.cntv.cn/program/bizasia/20110908/104798.shtml

When a new unit of currency is structured, that absolutely means that the old unit of currency is demonetized, and the new unit of currency is then given the new rate. Do you have any history of a case where a new unit of currency was released, and then both the old AND the new unit of currency were given the new rate? If you can provide you explanation of what this means, and some historical reference, evidence, or anything else that would be greatly appreciated.

We can debate RD or RV until our heads pop. We go over the same argument time and again, with the same results. The one thing I measure is what is the CBI doing besides throwing out articles of an RD? Well they are bringing in dinar and for US dollars. Got them in some hot water, however I don't buy that for a minute. I think it was calculative via US dollars pull the dinar in and US dollars scrunched the evil doers currency. That is my opinion.

Okay so they tighten up the auction, make the buyers sign papers as to where the money is actually going. Nice now they know who they are dealing with(but they knew anyway). Now the question I ask myself is why would they bother with selling US/foreign hard currency to bring in the dinar that is going to be RD'd in the first place? Why would they pour out dollars to Iraqi's when they really want them to quit their bad habit of shopping, trading with with US currency?

Now the articles are out there, a lot of bla bla. But the real place for RD information is missing on the one web site that really matters, CBI. The one place you won't see RV information is the CBI. Its blank that in itself speaks volumes. Until we do, I figure the game is still on. We will see.

Stryker may be right Shabibi and Maliki are playing bad cop, good cop, but they both want the same result. One thing is for sure, eventually the unveiling will happen. I am hoping for a pretty finish.

Cheers

• Upvote 4

Now the question I ask myself is why would they bother with selling US/foreign hard currency to bring in the dinar that is going to be RD'd in the first place? "

The problem with that theory is that we really don't know if the dinar they are bringing in is staying in. The likelihood is that it is not. According to the CBI's web site, the money supply is increasing, not decreasing.

Has a trusted member on this site who is in Iraq actually confirmed that Iraqi currency has almost vanished from the streets? Are the Iraqis using primarily dollars? Or is that just another recently minted forum fact?

Edited by lotsofdinar

Now the question I ask myself is why would they bother with selling US/foreign hard currency to bring in the dinar that is going to be RD'd in the first place? "

The problem with that theory is that we really don't know if the dinar they are bringing in is staying in. The likelihood is that it is not. According to the CBI's web site, the money supply is increasing, not decreasing.

Has a trusted member on this site who is in Iraq actually confirmed that Iraqi currency has almost vanished from the streets? Are the Iraqis using primarily dollars? Or is that just another recently minted forum fact?

Well, the first hole in the theory is that the fact is, the reasons for the auctions, we was well documented many times over the last month or so, is that they had unusual auction numbers because of the spill over issues in Iran and Syria. The unusual action numbers had nothing to do with them pulling in dinars to revalue. At this stage there is just far too many dinar in circulation to be able to say that they can possibly use the auctions to suck in 26 Trillion dinars from outside the banks. I have seen enough of the auctions are high so it must mean RV, and now auctions are low, so it must mean RV rumors over the years to believe that the auctions have any indication on what they are doing. I would definitely warn to steer clear of looking at auctions as any sort of a gauge or indicator as to what is happening with our investment, at least until we see any evidence that the circulation amount is not what is being reported in the CBI Annual Bulletin or the Key Financial Indicators.

You dont think it could be because they are going to revalue through redenominating first?

I do think this may be a possibility, but I am still holding on to some faith that this is not the plan. I think that they are going to restructure, then RV. I go back to the article where they speak of transferring (restructuring) the value of the large denomination notes to smaller notes giving the citizens more purchasing power. They cannot create more purchasing power unless they change the foreign exchange rate - Locally, the citizens can purchase more for less. If this is the scenario then we as foreign dinar holders will exchange our dinars for USD and the process ends for us. We could then purchase through forex at which time the dinar would be on a managed float, where over time the value may rise. The 000 notes are called in and it is now 2013. Can I see this a different way, of course I can, but I choose to have faith in this scenario. My speculative rate is somewhere close to one US dollar because Iraq needs to make their currency the only currency they use locally. This is my story and I am sticking with it to the end. If they LOP, I will send Keep a few lopsters from Maine. :)

• Upvote 2

Why would that be the "likelihood?" Because you say so? The current issue of banknotes - 25K, 10K, 5K, 1K, 500, is not increasing. We can presume that it is not increasing because, outside of Photoshop, no one seems capable of producing evidence of any 2011-dated currency. The only increase I can see is to the foreign reserve money supply.

Why don't you just take one for the "team," and volunteer, LOPs? www.kayak.com. ;)

:lol: :lol: :lol:

We can debate RD or RV until our heads pop. We go over the same argument time and again, with the same results. The one thing I measure is what is the CBI doing besides throwing out articles of an RD? Well they are bringing in dinar and for US dollars. Got them in some hot water, however I don't buy that for a minute. I think it was calculative via US dollars pull the dinar in and US dollars scrunched the evil doers currency. That is my opinion.

Okay so they tighten up the auction, make the buyers sign papers as to where the money is actually going. Nice now they know who they are dealing with(but they knew anyway). Now the question I ask myself is why would they bother with selling US/foreign hard currency to bring in the dinar that is going to be RD'd in the first place? Why would they pour out dollars to Iraqi's when they really want them to quit their bad habit of shopping, trading with with US currency?

Now the articles are out there, a lot of bla bla. But the real place for RD information is missing on the one web site that really matters, CBI. The one place you won't see RV information is the CBI. Its blank that in itself speaks volumes. Until we do, I figure the game is still on. We will see.

Stryker may be right Shabibi and Maliki are playing bad cop, good cop, but they both want the same result. One thing is for sure, eventually the unveiling will happen. I am hoping for a pretty finish.

Cheers

Zig, this argument always seems to come down to one of your questions: " Now the question I ask myself is why would they bother with selling US/foreign hard currency to bring in the dinar that is going to be RD'd in the first place?

Thank you. I can put the Chardonnay and flex straw away.

What is it with you lopsters that out of 1000 articles to the contrary

you take one l o p article presented by a disgruntled politician and create

a ten page thread to, PROVE YOUR POINT?

Know you not that in the end you will be looking like a fool?

Your l o p theory holds no water and I suspect you all know it. So tell us

why it is that you hold so strong to the thought that YOUR investment is

worthless?

And you wonder why some think your nothing more than gov hacks trying to get

us to sell our dinar.

I totally agree with you!!!

This women who was quoted in the article has been mouthing off about this for the last 8 months. Why is everyone so uptight about this recycled article. :huh:

• Upvote 2

Why would that be the "likelihood?" Because you say so? The current issue of banknotes - 25K, 10K, 5K, 1K, 500, is not increasing. We can presume that it is not increasing because, outside of Photoshop, no one seems capable of producing evidence of any 2011-dated currency. The only increase I can see is to the foreign reserve money supply.

Why don't you just take one for the "team," and volunteer, LOPs? www.kayak.com. ;)

Sanssouci, do you or Keep, remember where the post is that describes how you can tell where the print date is on notes, or a keyword I can look for. I just got an order and would like to check the date. Thanks

Ya'll do realize there is a whole building in the green zone .........that there're only purpose is SYOPS of the news and info for the betterment of IRAQ ....it is being taught by Our best Three letter FOO,FOO spinners ....all courtesy of US tax dollars ......dont Believe EVERYTHING YOU READ ...and damn sure dont read it if its already translated for your enjoyment

• Upvote 2