Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Article from Baghdad invest

Please don't neg me if you don't like the post...I'm just the messenger ... And forgive me if already posted. :huh:

Baghdad Invest - 02/02/2012 09:00 G.M.T: Baghdad.

I have been hearing about an RV “very soon” for years.

The dealers make some money on fulfillment costs (shipping and handling) but most of it comes from the spread. They are able to buy dinar at a much lower rate (about 20%) than they sell it for. A spread on investment products is normal but 20% is extreme. To give you some sense of perspective, if you were to buy the Euro through an FX dealer it would cost you about three ten-thousandths (.0003) of a penny per dollar of value. Even the hard currency dealers at the airport only charge a point or two.

The Iraqi dinar is the perfect storm of financial desperation, ignorance and the internet. It is heartbreaking to see so many people fall for the foolish claims of the pumpers and promoters.

A revaluation, as proposed by these people, has never happened in the history of the world. Germany after WWII and Kuwait after the Gulf War was not the least bit similar. But, of course, people don’t know that. They hear “revaluation” and figure they’re all the same. Currency exchange is a zero sum game. Wealth is neither created nor destroyed in the process, it is only transferred.

People that believe wealth will be transferred to them through a revaluation of the Iraqi dinar should ask themselves from whom the wealth is going to be transferred. For them to receive the wealth of an RV, someone (or something) else must give up their wealth. Who will that be? The Central Bank of Iraq? The government of Iraq? Why would they do that? Why would anybody? It makes no sense. It’s an absolutely foolish notion. The government of Iraq would not willingly and voluntarily relinquish the wealth of its nation. No country would. They may squander it through fraud, corruption and mismanagement, but they would not willingly transfer it.

Layman terms – as simple as counting from 1 to 10

A scenario that to me makes perfect sense in explaining how there is NO way that this could play out the way these “dream chasers” believe it will.

According to numbers I’ve seen from 2009, the “average hourly pay” for an Iraqi citizen is roughly US $2.10 per hour. That currently equates to ~2,500 Iraqi dinar, per hour. So let’s take an average early 20′s Iraqi boy that gets a job, say “moving rocks”. He goes out and puts in a hard 10 hour day worth of work. At the end of the day his supervisor approaches and hands him his fresh, crisp 25,000 dinar note.

The boy takes his note and heads for the convenience store. He proceeds to fill his car up with gas, grab a coke, a bag of chips and a candy bar, basically spending his entire days pay. He goes home and goes to sleep happy. The next day the boy gets up, goes to work, and again earns his 25,000 dinar. However, his car is full of gas and his belly is still full of sugar, so he takes this 25,000 dinar note home and puts it in a little tiny box under his bed.

Now, day 3 begins and low-and-behold, this is the day that this magical “RV” happens. This is the day that an Iraqi dinar transforms from being worth a fraction of a US dollar to being worth 3 US dollars. The Iraqi boys wakes up, sees the morning news, grabs his 25,000 dinar note from under his bed, and proceeds to go down to the local Mercedes dealership where he buys himself a brand new $75,000 Mercedes SLK 500.

Wait………what???????????

If the U.S. government had a massive conspiracy to create a bunch of millionaires why wouldn’t they do it by “revaluing” the dollar rather than the dinar?

Latest Iraqi related news from: www.baghdadinvest.com

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 5

hahahah hard tooo say who wrote this --- maybe someone who bought dinar ,,,then sold it thinking it would never happen ,,, but just think of the little boy who now owns a mercedes :lol: i` m sure he doesn`t care who wrote this

Edited by jeepguy
  • Upvote 1

What has been overlooked here is Iraq has been dollarized. Almost all transactions are done in USD not dinar. Shabibi dis a masterful job of removing dinar and have the country function on USD (remember the last several months of 250 billion dinar per day being bought. You think this went back into circulation???? Nope USD did!

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

This is the day that the Lord has made. I will rejoice and be glad in it. :woot:

I will stay positive, focused, and full of hope. I didn't spend my grocery money or other sustinance money on this thing.

Win lose or draw, RV or bust, I'm not moving. :eyebrows:

Others can fold if they want, but I'm holding my cards to the end!

:twocents: < :twocents::twocents::twocents::twocents:

:twothumbs:

• Upvote 6

Opinion post or just that, opinion. In this case the opinion is a "empty" glass, as opposed to one that is "half-full" or "half-empty." Usually an opinion piece will be written to assist others in see the other side of an issue. In this case, the writer has a high sense of their own self-worth, especially their knowledge. Therefore they want to "enlighten" the foolish individual who has invested in the dinar.

If you have been around for any length of time you have seen these articles "crop up" on these forums, especially when the news has been good for a couple of weeks. Just when we are all excited about how great things are going . . . BOOM, an article like this shows up.

It's interesting. The writer has a opinion and the freedom to express it. But if I lost my focus every time one of these articles show up, I would have been gone a long time ago.

Stay focused. Do your own research and you will not be sidetracked by a piece that an author will not attach his name to it. Peace.

• Upvote 1

This is the day that the Lord has made. I will rejoice and be glad in it. :woot:

I will stay positive, focused, and full of hope. I didn't spend my grocery money or other sustinance money on this thing.

Win lose or draw, RV or bust, I'm not moving. :eyebrows:

Others can fold if they want, but I'm holding my cards to the end!

:twocents: < :twocents::twocents::twocents::twocents:

:twothumbs:

Right there with you ! :D

• Upvote 1

Opinion post or just that, opinion. In this case the opinion is a "empty" glass, as opposed to one that is "half-full" or "half-empty." Usually an opinion piece will be written to assist others in see the other side of an issue. In this case, the writer has a high sense of their own self-worth, especially their knowledge. Therefore they want to "enlighten" the foolish individual who has invested in the dinar.

If you have been around for any length of time you have seen these articles "crop up" on these forums, especially when the news has been good for a couple of weeks. Just when we are all excited about how great things are going . . . BOOM, an article like this shows up.

It's interesting. The writer has a opinion and the freedom to express it. But if I lost my focus every time one of these articles show up, I would have been gone a long time ago.

Stay focused. Do your own research and you will not be sidetracked by a piece that an author will not attach his name to it. Peace.

Thank you...Peace to you too :)

Thank you...Peace to you too :)

Teddyjay, after reading the article I noticed that "you" could be read as a singular or plural pronoun. It was not my intention to direct this toward you personally, but to everyone, in general, reading the thread. Sorry if I wasn't clear.

Logic tells me that the IQD is undervalued, considering the massive assets that they have. If you average the value of all the currencies of the Middle East, that are listed in the Wall Street Journal today, you get a value of $ .9746. I have got to believe that Iraq's value will at least go close to that figure. I am not smart enough to know what it will take to get there but I do believe over time (who knows how much) it will. I do think the one thing preventing it from happening is the government itself and their inability to get things done.

Logic tells me that the IQD is undervalued, considering the massive assets that they have. If you average the value of all the currencies of the Middle East, that are listed in the Wall Street Journal today, you get a value of $ .9746. I have got to believe that Iraq's value will at least go close to that figure. I am not smart enough to know what it will take to get there but I do believe over time (who knows how much) it will. I do think the one thing preventing it from happening is the government itself and their inability to get things done.

Your exactly right...we see that the GOI get on the same page with the Kurdistan Region we are done...game over.

That is what I am looking for....these are the only pieces of the puzzle left IMO......

GOI gives the Kurd's an agreement to implement Erbil....Kurd's well vote and pass the HCL Law and pass the budget....

UN will then release Iraq formally from Chapter VII...........because Iraq then has the confidence of the world powers.....

i wouldn't pay any attention to this, i think jmw wrote this.

the whole it has never happened in the history of the world kinda gives it away

I'm in agreement sonny1, once again we have to be patient and let time tell the story. Peace and thanks for coming back into the realm of our investment.

this R V is not about the little boy on the street, I know the arab way to describe things is about making a picture and usually its a simple one for simple people. The Iraqi Gov. will economically suffocate with out a R V soon. If truely the low dollar auction has dried up the dollars on the street and other foreign monetary institutions are leaving the currency buisiness in Iraq, then what are they using for that bread and milk. The Dinar he said? Thus fact, is also a 23000 bill he said, the current currency he states thus is fact and he stated the rate is the low current rates in the country now .. he answered rumors of a already R V and .. this is a article from a Iraqi news letter he is speaking of recent posted in Iraq?

thus no R V yet it implies in Iraq as ole Okee is pushing did happen or this KID WOULD HAVE HIS 75000 MECEDES ? right?

he doesn't like the fact we are holding their Dinars and waiting for this inevitable R. V. this seems to be the point of the article and .. he hopes we all just sell them back their Dinars .. Propaganda to get back their Dinars before the R.V. .. BET ME?

whats he woried about if they R.V. a Iraqi parlament member will just get our 23000 notes .. and yhe little boys also .. before it R. V. 's

and .. again if no dollars and a dry up of the U.S. dollars .. in the street ??? ..

Shabibi said .. " the auctions are stopping?? He din't say that all U.S. DOLARS are not being used by the banks and funneled through a closed sale daily

we need to find out if the U. S. dollars are still getting to the Iraqi Banks and then street another method ..?? thus sneaky .. ? and no incentive to change and R.V. .. we need to know if the auctions are a scam and ?

I thought I saw something that said the USD was available through the banks.

yes ! and I think we need to tell the IRAQI that wrote this article that Americans Created THEIR NOW DINAR .. AND THUS WE SHOULD BE ALLOWED TO (SHARE! IN THIS WEALTH HE IS SPEAKING OF) .. AND .. just because it is the way of others to only share wealth with the wealthy .. then we need to DEMONSTRATE THAT ,, IT IS THE U.S. DOLLAR THEY ARE USING AND THUS .. WE SHARE IN THE WEALTH THIS BASE DID CREATE OR WE LET ,, Iran show em another way and he is a slave to Iran and still using our dollars in the black market .. ?? CHOICES ? AND FACT!

this guy who wrote this article in this business publication and the Colorado man who posted it need to understand that it is the American Dollar they need and then .. thus WE SHARE IN THE WEALTH ! OK!

thats my veiw on this Iraqi attitude ?

The thing that amazes me is the amount of money, USD, that just vanished over there without a trace. Its not as though it was a small amount, it was pallets full of the stuff??? I imagine there are people involved that couldnt walk a straigt line because they are so crooked.... :lol::lol:

Filthy camel meat eaters........ :P

Please don't neg me if you don't like the post...I'm just the messenger ... And forgive me if already posted. :huh:

Baghdad Invest - 02/02/2012 09:00 G.M.T: Baghdad.

I have been hearing about an RV “very soon” for years.

The dealers make some money on fulfillment costs (shipping and handling) but most of it comes from the spread. They are able to buy dinar at a much lower rate (about 20%) than they sell it for. A spread on investment products is normal but 20% is extreme. To give you some sense of perspective, if you were to buy the Euro through an FX dealer it would cost you about three ten-thousandths (.0003) of a penny per dollar of value. Even the hard currency dealers at the airport only charge a point or two.

The Iraqi dinar is the perfect storm of financial desperation, ignorance and the internet. It is heartbreaking to see so many people fall for the foolish claims of the pumpers and promoters.

A revaluation, as proposed by these people, has never happened in the history of the world. Germany after WWII and Kuwait after the Gulf War was not the least bit similar. But, of course, people don’t know that. They hear “revaluation” and figure they’re all the same. Currency exchange is a zero sum game. Wealth is neither created nor destroyed in the process, it is only transferred.

People that believe wealth will be transferred to them through a revaluation of the Iraqi dinar should ask themselves from whom the wealth is going to be transferred. For them to receive the wealth of an RV, someone (or something) else must give up their wealth. Who will that be? The Central Bank of Iraq? The government of Iraq? Why would they do that? Why would anybody? It makes no sense. It’s an absolutely foolish notion. The government of Iraq would not willingly and voluntarily relinquish the wealth of its nation. No country would. They may squander it through fraud, corruption and mismanagement, but they would not willingly transfer it.

Layman terms – as simple as counting from 1 to 10

A scenario that to me makes perfect sense in explaining how there is NO way that this could play out the way these “dream chasers” believe it will.

According to numbers I’ve seen from 2009, the “average hourly pay” for an Iraqi citizen is roughly US $2.10 per hour. That currently equates to ~2,500 Iraqi dinar, per hour. So let’s take an average early 20′s Iraqi boy that gets a job, say “moving rocks”. He goes out and puts in a hard 10 hour day worth of work. At the end of the day his supervisor approaches and hands him his fresh, crisp 25,000 dinar note.

The boy takes his note and heads for the convenience store. He proceeds to fill his car up with gas, grab a coke, a bag of chips and a candy bar, basically spending his entire days pay. He goes home and goes to sleep happy. The next day the boy gets up, goes to work, and again earns his 25,000 dinar. However, his car is full of gas and his belly is still full of sugar, so he takes this 25,000 dinar note home and puts it in a little tiny box under his bed.

Now, day 3 begins and low-and-behold, this is the day that this magical “RV” happens. This is the day that an Iraqi dinar transforms from being worth a fraction of a US dollar to being worth 3 US dollars. The Iraqi boys wakes up, sees the morning news, grabs his 25,000 dinar note from under his bed, and proceeds to go down to the local Mercedes dealership where he buys himself a brand new $75,000 Mercedes SLK 500.

Wait………what???????????

If the U.S. government had a massive conspiracy to create a bunch of millionaires why wouldn’t they do it by “revaluing” the dollar rather than the dinar?

Latest Iraqi related news from: www.baghdadinvest.com

SORRY MESSENGER. NOTHING PERSONAL BUT,

The whole jmw, the rv has never happened before opinion is interesting. The reason its interesting is because this situation is very unique. There has never been anything similar to the way iraq is right now. Country that shows excellent growth, but their currency continues to be suppressed to a certain rate for many years. Gooo rrrvvv!! :o

Edited by Realdinar
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

They forgot to talk about the C.B.I. daily statements of RAISING THE VALUE OF THE DINAR and what about my only purchases being through US Federally Insured banks? O yeah I almost forgot: PRESIDENTIAL ORDER 13303: ALLOWS US CITIZENS TO INVEST IN THE NEW IRAQ. UNDER THIS ORDER AND THE COALITION PROVISIONAL GOVERNMENT ORDER 39, A US CITIZEN HAS THE SAME RIGHTS TO INVEST AS AN IRAQI CITIZEN

• Upvote 2