Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Good News about deleting Zeros

drc85260

I know what your saying cause I have thought the same thing....the only thing Im not sure of in this kind of scenario is exactly when the NEW dinar would carry the higher value. One member here that lived in Turkey during their redenomination was stating that the NEW lira didnt get the higher value until AFTER the exchange process was complete....I believe that was set for a year long period to exchange. But at the same time, there was evidence supporting the fact that as soon as the NEW lira was introduced it had its higher value.

In order for the NEW currency to make its way out into the world, it has to be exchanged for with the older currency so as your turning in larger bills for smaller, you are cutting the money supply down one bill at a time. I dont believe that the NEW currency is a liability for the central banks until it is actually "issued" by exchanging. Does that make sense??

It makes sense to me. I hope it doesn't work that way obviously, but it is a possibility. Hell, anything can happen with this. I just think we need to be prepared for anything, profitable, not profitable, or investment neutral. Once again, I think over time the value could raise some regardless, so we'll all just have to hang on and see.

I know what your saying cause I have thought the same thing....the only thing Im not sure of in this kind of scenario is exactly when the NEW dinar would carry the higher value. One member here that lived in Turkey during their redenomination was stating that the NEW lira didnt get the higher value until AFTER the exchange process was complete....I believe that was set for a year long period to exchange. But at the same time, there was evidence supporting the fact that as soon as the NEW lira was introduced it had its higher value.

In order for the NEW currency to make its way out into the world, it has to be exchanged for with the older currency so as your turning in larger bills for smaller, you are cutting the money supply down one bill at a time. I dont believe that the NEW currency is a liability for the central banks until it is actually "issued" by exchanging. Does that make sense??

I understand and I believe the two currency articles are not referring to the dinar we hold but more about the dollar. I have always said the same thing....the dinar we hold has an exchange period of 90 days to the new. People have been through a 1-1 exchange before and right now the exchange is held at an artificially low rate. The IMF has never had a country pay for a new currency to replace the old just to show hyperinflation to a currency. If that was the case they could have had t Iraq use the old Saddam dinar and introduce more dollars to replace old solid dinar. No one can argue that the dollar was used as a safe haven for savings just like what Iran is doing now.

I believe my family member...He says Iraq is going to become center stage in the middle east and it was Americas brain child. He said some of the smartest people in the world were brought in on this plan and the CBI can't do whatever it wants....its all built in..

• Upvote 1

I just have a question that possibly you folks who are way smarter than I can answer. Why would anyone ever invest money in Dinar and this speculation if they thought it would either LOP or be a straight redom of 25k notes becoming 25 notes with the exchange value equally reduced? It makes no sense to ever purchase a single Dinar if this is someones belief. This is a currency investment risk, plain and simple. There are no guarantees. But why would anyone purchase it before doing research and decide it is worth the risk and leap of faith?

I can't answer for anyone but myself.

I have owned dinar since June 2004. I bought dinar because I believed I could make a lot of money on this speculation.

Now, 7 1/2 years later, still no RV, and the CBI saying the want to redenominate.....Baqir Jabr Al-Zubeidi, during his term as finance minister from 2006-2010 was advocating a RD back then and we all called it BS.....one begins to wonder.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Sorry folks...just a little tired of the same old crap when there are people working real hard to help us understand where we are with this investment. I totally respect people that are trying to see both sides of this investment but there are some that will not see the positive from our side. There is in my opinion two ways to interpret this article but a few are dead set on only seeing one side, the lop side or as some say the RD side....we do not need to have someone ask us to prove our point.

I'm tired and am going...have fun...

I have owned dinar since June 2004. I bought dinar because I believed I could make a lot of money on this speculation.

Now, 7 1/2 years later, still no RV, and the CBI saying the want to redenominate.....Baqir Jabr Al-Zubeidi, during his term as finance minister from 2006-2010 was advocating a RD back then and we all called it BS.....one begins to wonder.

Then sell it...I'll buy it.....just let me know...

Edited by Stryker365
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

Sorry folks...just a little tired of the same old crap when there are people working real hard to help us understand where we are with this investment. I totally respect people that are trying to see both sides of this investment but there are some that will not see the positive from our side. There is in my opinion two ways to interpret this article but a few are dead set on only seeing one side, the lop side or as some say the RD side....we do not need to have someone ask us to prove our point.

Stryker,

Do you really care about the negative opinions of others on this site? I don't. Remain positive. It's my belief that we will see this investment come to fruition in the near future.

Take care.

Ski

I don't mind the Lopsters...to be honest with everyone I would not have studied this investment as hard as I have and would have not approached my family member about the dinar if everything was a "sure thing". I feel comfortable now about were we are and the money I have invested.....I just hope I am right because of the amount of time I have invested.

I want everyone to know their is a bill in Congress about insider trading....if you are working or have worked for the Congress or Senate you might want to read up on it....

• Upvote 2

The IMF has never had a country pay for a new currency to replace the old just to show hyperinflation to a currency. If that was the case they could have had t Iraq use the old Saddam dinar and introduce more dollars to replace old solid dinar.

The Saddam dinar already showed the hyperinflation though....the ones we hold now just completed the set. They did have a 250 dinar and a 10k dinar before we invaded.....

I hope something good is in the works and has been part of the plan.....

I want everyone to know their is a bill in Congress about insider trading....if you are working or have worked for the Congress or Senate you might want to read up on it....

Related to currency speculation?

The Saddam dinar already showed the hyperinflation though....the ones we hold now just completed the set. They did have a 250 dinar and a 10k dinar before we invaded.....

Senate passed a bill to explicitly prevent members of Congress, their top aides and administration officials from using non-public information for insider trading. New disclosure requirements will require public reports online within 30 days of buying and selling stock. It is on its' way to the House.

• Upvote 1

Senate passed a bill to explicitly prevent members of Congress, their top aides and administration officials from using non-public information for insider trading. New disclosure requirements will require public reports online within 30 days of buying and selling stock. It is on its' way to the House.

Ok thats what I thought it was about....Ive been under the impression that there are no "insider trading" laws for currency speculation.....

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Alex, as I have pointed out before, if you research any countries RD you will find that whatever amount of zeros that gets removed from the currency also gets removed from the exchange rate. Naturally this brings an increase in value to the currency, but you possess less of the currency.

The term for the net result is "revenue neutral".

aaahhhhh jeez... my only option is to say WE SHALL SEE.... Good day sir! I SAID GOOD DAY!!!!

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Well now, might there be accountability in DC? That's an interesting concept.

MrFnHappy, on 02 February 2012 - 05:18 PM, said:

Alex, as I have pointed out before, if you research any countries RD you will find that whatever amount of zeros that gets removed from the currency also gets removed from the exchange rate. Naturally this brings an increase in value to the currency, but you possess less of the currency.

The term for the net result is "revenue neutral".

So MrFnHappy, How exactly does a "Revenue Neutral" Scenario Benefit the Iraqi Citizen?

MrFnHappy I evened you out to 0 because you were just stating how you really feel after a long time invested. I think you should be given the right to express frustration after that many years of hanging on. I have been in for about 1 1/2 years and can admit that I have had a few moments of frustration, but just continue to hope in the reason I invested. It makes sence it "could" be a great investment. It is what it is...not much risk for a possible great outcome. I am still waiting for the day I am shocked to find out that I made a GREAT decision! :rolleyes:

• Upvote 1

That does seem to be the underlying question for those who believe a LOP is likely...

How does a value/revenue neutral RD(lop) benefit the Iraqi Citizen, for whom the entire currency/economic restructuring process is being undertaken?

No one who is believing a lop is most likely has ever answered this question with serious data/points/research to back up his or her answer. Just sayin'...

An RD helps The people of Iraq psychologically and says to the world that a country is in control of their currency, restoring confidence in the country after a period of out of control inflation. Removing three zeros from the currency helps the populace forget about the bad times when the currency became inflated. It's a "closing of the doors" on a bad time for the country and the economy. In a practical sense, it's also much easier doing day to day transactions with smaller amounts of currency.

Edited by lotsofdinar

An RD helps The people of Iraq psychologically and says to the world that a country is in control of their currency, restoring confidence in the country after a period of out of control inflation. Removing three zeros from the currency helps the populace forget about the bad times when the currency became inflated. It's a "closing of the doors" on a bad time for the country and the economy. In a practical sense, it's also much easier doing day to day transactions with smaller amounts of currency.

So I'm still Poor, still living in a dirt floor hut with only two hours of electricty, I can't afford to feed my family or buy a new pair of Sandel's, but Hey thanks to the Iraqi Government spending Billions of our money to do an RD, I can now feel good about being Poor and feeling like a total failure because I can't provide for my Family!!! Come On Give me a F'in Break... There would be a revolution in the Streets and for very good reason!!!!

You sound like you've already received your portion of Iraqi Government Psycho Babble.... Just Sayin....

It was definitely one for Scooters or Kaps interpretation but it did read like any investments from inside knowledge leading to a capital gain....which is funny to me because my family member is retired and collecting a pension and won't touch the dinar because he has always been under the impression he would be in trouble...its a shame! But when it goes through Ill take care of him....

That does seem to be the underlying question for those who believe a LOP is likely...

How does a value/revenue neutral RD(lop) benefit the Iraqi Citizen, for whom the entire currency/economic restructuring process is being undertaken?

No one who is believing a lop is most likely has ever answered this question with serious data/points/research to back up his or her answer. Just sayin'...

The only benefit the citizen will have is ease of use........:D but CBI and Finance Committee also keep mentioning increase purchasing power of the CITIZEN......and that means the ABILITY to buy more. Since value neutral event (LOP) is not going to give them that ABILITY......i guess CBI is not talking about LOP then.

• Upvote 1

They haven't had a period of out of control inflation... They've had inflation super low for like 2 to 3 years, and before that, it was only marginally bad because of war, not because of their economy. I don't buy that reason.

The rest is useless as well.

People will close the door on the bad period when they see Iraq producing 5+ million barrels of oil per day and infrastructure booming and their currency worth more than the US Dollar. This will happen when they fully lift all remaining sanctions and stipulations for sale of oil, and also when they change the exchange rate for their currency.

Yup.

Edited by TQueezy
  • Upvote 1

of course they are going to talk about an RD why you ask?? because why would they want to tell everyone their going to revalue and come buy all the dinar you want, not gonna happen and you know it china said they werent going to revalue and then bam they revalued a little bit so use common sense here please.

Edited by easyrider

Iraq has 60 triillion dinar and only 60 billion in foreign reserves and you don't think there was a period of hyper-inflation?

Look, Iraq has a pegged currency. That means that to RV to 1:1 they would have to be able to back from their reserves that 1:1 exchange. That means they would need to increase their reserves to $60 trillion. That's the way it works. There is no way Iraq can do that.

Iraq has 60 triillion dinar and only 60 billion in foreign reserves and you don't think there was a period of hyper-inflation?

Look, Iraq has a pegged currency. That means that to RV to 1:1 they would have to be able to back from their reserves that 1:1 exchange. That means they would need to increase their reserves to $60 trillion. That's the way it works. There is no way Iraq can do that.

Not necessarily. US has 143 billons in reserves.