Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

I'm Back

smee2

I just checked my profile page and found some people had missed my presence here in the last little while. That is, in it's own way, quite gratifying ... to know you are missed.

Well, just to fill you in, I had not been feeling well for some time. I was finding it harder and harder to remember things, and had dizzy spells, and was so fatigued I didn't want to take the time and didn't seem to have the energy even to eat. I fed the cats but not myself.

Well, over a period of four days, I had seven falls. My knees just gave way and down I went. I managed, with a lot of scrapes and bruises, to get up all but the last two times. The second to last time I was close enough to the phone to call a neighbour and got standing again. But the next day, down I went again, and this time was only able to crawl as far as my cel phone. We don't always get a signal in the place I live though it is fine a block away. I could not get up. I spent several hours on the floor. Every time I tried to get my feet under me they gave out. Finally I got a signal and called 911.

I told the ambulance people I was a larger woman and if they sent a pair ot those tiny little ladies on the ambulance to get me out of my house they would need help. Boy did we get help! In the midst of my agony, I was having a great time teasing and flirting with the four great big, handsome, muscular, over forty men who came to rescue me. It was almost worth it. hahahahaha :blush:

Anyway, long story short, I spent ten days in hospital. I have broken my foot. I am black and blue all over and I do mean all over. I had more embarassing moments in the hospital this time than ever before and I may just write a book :)

It turns out that the last refill on one of my prescriptions was incorrect. We cannot find where the pharmacy went wrong, and I don't think they did. I suspect the doctor prescribed the old amount, not the reduced amount I had been taking for over a year. So, I had too much digoxin and it was poisoning me. Toxic digoxin poisoning. Wow!

My kidneys were failing. That scared me silly. When the vet tells you that you cat or dog is in the kidney failure stage the next stage is usually putting tha animal down. *gulp* I didn't want to be put down, and certainly didn't want to go through dialysis every other day. They actually put me on the list for that treatment but before we could start, thank God, my kidneys were fine again. That's what I get for never learning how to drink, being unable to smoke, and living such a pure life (hahahahaha) that I didn't ruin my kidneys with any other drugs. Yeah, I missed all the fun. hahaha

So, things are under control now. I am using a walker and an air boot until my foot is healed. I am being attacked constantly by my cats who are young and have never been left alone with just a feeder every other day, for so long a time. My neighbours are trying to be helpful. I have community support and am signed up for all sorts of help from the health services branch.

I want to thank those who wondered where I was, wished me well, and offered up prayers for me even though none of these people were aware of what I was going through. It is, as I said before, gratifying. But it is also very humbling to know that others think of you. After losing my soul mate I thought I was totally alone. I am not. I have "contact" in a lot of places, including DV.

Thanks again ... I really appreciate your concern.

:)

smee2

Anything worth doing, is worth doing to excess!

• Upvote 14
  • Downvote 1

Wow! Glad to hear your ok and welcome back. Your back,in time to ketch up on some exciting articles out.

P.S. sounds like you need to get one of those "help me I've fallin and I can't post on DV" Gadgets :lol:

Again , glad your doing better.

Go RV

• Upvote 3

Smee-so sorry that you have had to go through all this I will be lifting you up in my prayers! I always enjoy your input and know that you are a woman used by God because of some of the wonderful stories you have shared with us. Keep smiling and bringing us your special wisdom! God Bless!

• Downvote 1

Wow...what a rough couple of weeks you've had. I'm so sorry you been through it, but so glad you can see how many people who really care about you. I will keep you in my prayers and hope it's all up hill from here. Maybe, just maybe, you'll get some super duper good news very soon and will be doing the happy dance like the rest of us! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Oh Smee, so glad to hear your almost voice. You gave some of us a scare, we even tried to make contact with your kitty's but to no avail no response back. I knew you would come back to us eventually. :woot: Missed you much and I'm so glad your doing better.

Take care. Prayers for your continue recovery. :D

So very sorry for what you've been through but am extremely happy your back with us now...you were very missed...on a happy note maybe you've finally decided to write a book! I have never known such a vivid storyteller, every post you make I can invision your scene!

• Upvote 1

Glad you are back and I do hope this never happens to you again. I am so sorry. Now there is a thing they sell on TV a life line you wear around your neck, I do hope you have one. I hope you have a smooth recovery. biggrin.gif And goodness you do have such a wonderful outlook even though you went through a lot. emot-hug.gif

I am so glad you are okay. I felt heartbroken when I read you were on the floor for several hours! I am glad it turned out to be a medication issue, though. I was worried you were headed towards a stroke. Thank God, it was discovered soon, otherwise it sounded like you could have been in trouble! Glad you got some flirt time in laugh.gif and I am definitely glad you are back! smile.gif

• Downvote 1

I just checked my profile page and found some people had missed my presence here in the last little while. That is, in it's own way, quite gratifying ... to know you are missed.

Well, just to fill you in, I had not been feeling well for some time. I was finding it harder and harder to remember things, and had dizzy spells, and was so fatigued I didn't want to take the time and didn't seem to have the energy even to eat. I fed the cats but not myself.

Well, over a period of four days, I had seven falls. My knees just gave way and down I went. I managed, with a lot of scrapes and bruises, to get up all but the last two times. The second to last time I was close enough to the phone to call a neighbour and got standing again. But the next day, down I went again, and this time was only able to crawl as far as my cel phone. We don't always get a signal in the place I live though it is fine a block away. I could not get up. I spent several hours on the floor. Every time I tried to get my feet under me they gave out. Finally I got a signal and called 911.

I told the ambulance people I was a larger woman and if they sent a pair ot those tiny little ladies on the ambulance to get me out of my house they would need help. Boy did we get help! In the midst of my agony, I was having a great time teasing and flirting with the four great big, handsome, muscular, over forty men who came to rescue me. It was almost worth it. hahahahaha :blush:

Anyway, long story short, I spent ten days in hospital. I have broken my foot. I am black and blue all over and I do mean all over. I had more embarassing moments in the hospital this time than ever before and I may just write a book :)

It turns out that the last refill on one of my prescriptions was incorrect. We cannot find where the pharmacy went wrong, and I don't think they did. I suspect the doctor prescribed the old amount, not the reduced amount I had been taking for over a year. So, I had too much digoxin and it was poisoning me. Toxic digoxin poisoning. Wow!

My kidneys were failing. That scared me silly. When the vet tells you that you cat or dog is in the kidney failure stage the next stage is usually putting tha animal down. *gulp* I didn't want to be put down, and certainly didn't want to go through dialysis every other day. They actually put me on the list for that treatment but before we could start, thank God, my kidneys were fine again. That's what I get for never learning how to drink, being unable to smoke, and living such a pure life (hahahahaha) that I didn't ruin my kidneys with any other drugs. Yeah, I missed all the fun. hahaha

So, things are under control now. I am using a walker and an air boot until my foot is healed. I am being attacked constantly by my cats who are young and have never been left alone with just a feeder every other day, for so long a time. My neighbours are trying to be helpful. I have community support and am signed up for all sorts of help from the health services branch.

I want to thank those who wondered where I was, wished me well, and offered up prayers for me even though none of these people were aware of what I was going through. It is, as I said before, gratifying. But it is also very humbling to know that others think of you. After losing my soul mate I thought I was totally alone. I am not. I have "contact" in a lot of places, including DV.

Thanks again ... I really appreciate your concern.

smee2

Anything worth doing, is worth doing to excess!

Great to know that you are on the mend Smee2..and I was thinking as I read the beginning of your post, that I sure hope she has some visiting nurse (that's what we call it in the states, I work in that profession myself) So, I was very happy to read later in your post that you have friends, as well as public health people with you.

Will a nurse be checking your lab values regarding you DIGOXIN levels? I do not know how the system works there, but we check that sort of thing all of the time here, also, I trust when your foot is healed enough that they will have some physical therapy come to your home???

Just make sure that you advocate for yourself and get all that is appropriate for your complete healing...the one thing I can do is pray for your sppedy healing!

Regards,

Wealthhound

Wow ... I am surprised ... make that shocked ... and honored and humbled by all your responses. I did not think I would really be missed but it seems I was wrong. There you go ... Smee admits she was wrong. Mark that on on the calendar ... hahahahaha

For those who mentioned prayer ... thank you ... the more positive energy and prayer applied to this situation the better. I actually felt lifted and gently held while reading your responses.

For those who mentioned the over 40, tall, muscular, hunky firemen I flirted with a bit ... I must say that was fun. Being older of course none of it is taken seriously. And when it is just for fun it is a tension reliever for all of us. I never thought I would find myself in a handsome man's arms being told ... "Hang on to me tightly, I have you, I won't let you fall." ... but it happened. Wow. hahahahahahaha

Thanks so much for your messages people ... I am touched more than I can express ... and for me that is a lot.

Be "seeing you" in the forum. Take care ...

smee2

Anything worth doing, is worth doing to excesss!

• Upvote 1

Hello to the gorgeous smee2! Great to have ya back. Cheers from downunder!!

I mentioned in a previous post that I work with a superb online and real world health and slimming program. Not meaning to be presumptuous, but if you'd like some help...look me up in Member messages page....I'd love to be able to help you enjoy an awesome, active and versatile life pre and post RV....

I mean......what is wealth without the health to enjoy it, right? Take good care.

Cheers

Elm.

Smee2

Having been one of those big burly firemen for thirty+ years send them a cake and some ice cream and they may stop by and see that you're well taken care of. Glad to see you're back and getting better,I was wondering where you went. Get well and get out and enjoy the weather.

Smee2

Having been one of those big burly firemen for thirty+ years send them a cake and some ice cream and they may stop by and see that you're well taken care of. Glad to see you're back and getting better,I was wondering where you went. Get well and get out and enjoy the weather.

I've got to echo AKVET's words here, Smee2. Get the firefighters or paramedics or EMTs... let's just call them rescuers... a cake or even just send their Chief a card letting them know how much they're appreciated. It will mean a lot to them!

I'm so glad that you're back and posting. Take care and follow your doctor's orders on therapy and the such. If you don't, we'll send wealthhound or cooked or BettyBoop or Nurse Ratchet or somebody over there to MAKE you get better!

Get well soon, back to better than before!