Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

CBI Currency Auction 1 Feb 2012

oleman

ps. I am not a techi, but if there is someone that has any ideas on how to bring in the military, or others in other countries, so they can be a part of the party, please let me know.

I am not all that techie either, but one way came to mind: elect Ron Paul as the GOP candidate ;):P

• Upvote 2

Currency Auctions Announcement No. (2069) The latest daily currency auction was held in the Central Bank of Iraq on the 1-FEB-2012. The results were as follows:

Details Notes

Number of banks 3

Auction price selling dinar / US$ 1166

Auction price buying dinar / US$ —–

Amount sold at auction price (US$) 3,250,000

Amount purchased at Auction price (US$) —–

Total offers for buying (US$) 3,250,000

Total offers for selling (US$) —–

Crazy low auction today. We haven't seen a seven digit (US dollars) auction since May 2011. With the large auctions going on lately, it's odd that there would be such a sharp drop today. Does this mean something to us? Let's hope... But we wait a little longer.

Link

You're so sweet, Stryker. Bamagirl, I want to let you know that, and I know this for a fact, that Stryker's Texas bride has a mean left hook, makes great flapjacks, but carries the iron skillet with her at all times. Just sayin'.

Best to L and the 69'.

I just laughed so hard .......it looks like I'm crying......I haven't laughed that hard and a very long time Carrello....I need to whipe my eye's so I can continue...

Girls... she doesn't have a jealous bone in her body but Carrello's right she swings a mean skillet and that's only when I make stupid comment...

.......she waits until I'm asleep...the next morning my hat doesn't fit.... :P:lol::D ...just kidding you girls are going to love L......

I am trading on the ISX and I checked stock prices this morning and there was hardly anything traded today something is going on. Only seven companies traded this I have never seen.

Can anyone else verify this that is on the ISX. Not that I do not believe u m6:19 just @ work and can't check myself. Thanks

• Upvote 1

yes when i read your post that the 4th was a holiday.........i looked and saw that it was saturday....................and wondered if they are like us and will take the holiday the day after on that sunday................good point..............that could give them the three day window.....................i look forward to the auction results tomorrow.....thanks

In regards to this Sunday, just found this on BL's site:

Baghdad (AIN) - The General Secretariat of the Iraqi Council of Ministers announced next Sunday an official holiday on the occasion of Prophet Mohammad's birth.

A statement from the General Secretariat of the Council of Ministers received by (AIN) on Wednesday said that "The Council of Ministers announce next Sunday, the 5th of February, an official holiday to all the institutions and government departments on the occasion of the birth of the Prophet Muhammad [God's blessing and peace be upon him].”

It is known that the Prophet's birth, day was on the 12 Rabi al-Awal according to Moslem calendar, is a public holidays in Iraq. /End/

http://www.alliraqnews.com/en/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=3384:council-of-ministers-announced-next-sunday-an-official-holiday&catid=39:genral-news&Itemid=48

So, it looks like a 3-day holiday for Iraq.

• Upvote 2

View Postkosman, on 01 February 2012 - 04:28 AM, said:

I do not know what this means if anything BUT.................Seeing how it is cold and rainy here with nothing green to look at, I will be going on leave in 22 days, I have nothing else to hope for and I am in a good mood anyway, I think I will try a small practice Dance of Joy. Nobody watch Posted Image Maybe......Just MAYBE.....well as long as there is some shred of hope......Did I mention I am going on leave in 22 days? Just think, if an RV was imminent, a few of us could have covered that auction. Some of us the taxes due could have covered that auction. Am I getting silly now? Anyway. I will not be in one of the stan countries in 22 days, with a real bed, real food served on a real plate with real cutlery to eat it with and some adult beverages. Let me say this before I go on my previously mentioned first leave in 11 months, I really appreciate all you guys and gals on these forums. It helps keep my sanity. Please...be excellent to each other. Posted Image

Read more:

Thank you! You guys are the true heroes!

• Upvote 1

He added that the Iraqi dinar today has become a strong and covered with foreign currency and by more than all (100%), so it is not easily affected by the fluctuations in the exchange rate of the currencies of neighboring countries.

and the Deputy Governor of Central Bank: the sale and purchase of the dollar in the local markets are now through the window and not through the auction, in order to maintain the stability of exchange rate of the Iraqi dinar against foreign currency, shall be through inventory liquidity of the Iraqi dinar in the market and then is pumped into the dollar either in the form of cash Aoicon the form of "remittances" specialized private traders on the importation of goods.

The Altoman Iran has dropped significantly against the U.S. dollar reaching (320) Toman Iran against one U.S. dollar a , while in front of the Iraqi dinar has fallen at a rate (50%), where he was Altoman Iranian equivalent of one (1000) Iraqi dinars, while now the equivalent of (500) Iraqi Dinars. / Finished / 8. d. o /

Read more:

I think this is huge! Great find Lord Dinar!!

I love getting excited this early in the morning; makes the rest of the day a joy. Just told my wife about the auction at CBI. She threw her walker aside and did a jig! There's healing in good news! :lol:

I do think that even if there is a 3 day holiday, it would not have started today. And, from all indications, the banks were doing business; otherwise no currency would have been exchanged. I would like see what tomorrow's auction brings. Hopefully just 1 million!!!! Push, push, push the button!!

• Upvote 3

Maybe tomorrow all of the 25,000 dinar notes in the world will have three zeroes removed off of them, making them equal to 25 dinar notes (note the sarcasm...).

That's right folks. A lop. The physical 0s that are printed on the notes will magically vanish from them, leaving only the 2 and the 5. That's how a LOP works, right?

The zeroes are removed.

It can't be that they're just taken out of circulation and a new exchange rate adopted.

Noooo... no way. That can't be it.

They have to be deleted from the physical currency.

Yeah...

Anyway. Have fun with your envelope, safety deposit box, chest, container of any kind full of brand spanking new 25 dinar notes that transformed magically overnight.

Sigh...

So many arguments to prove how Lopsters saying a LOP would happen are just plain wrong about everything.

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 2

Maybe tomorrow all of the 25,000 dinar notes in the world will have three zeroes removed off of them, making them equal to 25 dinar notes (note the sarcasm...).

That's right folks. A lop. The physical 0s that are printed on the notes will magically vanish from them, leaving only the 2 and the 5. That's how a LOP works, right?

The zeroes are removed.

It can't be that they're just taken out of circulation and a new exchange rate adopted.

Noooo... no way. That can't be it.

They have to be deleted from the physical currency.

Yeah...

Anyway. Have fun with your envelope, safety deposit box, chest, container of any kind full of brand spanking new 25 dinar notes that transformed magically overnight.

Sigh...

So many arguments to prove how Lopsters saying a LOP would happen are just plain wrong about everything.

Some of you need to read better before you hit the neg button

• Upvote 1