Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

CBI Currency Auction 1 Feb 2012

oleman

Looking back at the auction histories it seems like most years there is an extra day right around now where there was no auction? One year Jan 30th then the 31st then Feb1st. Is it possible that today is a holy day or something and most bank branches are closed? Just guessing here.

yota, this is my first thought also but I've not had my first cup of coffee either. Unless they ran out of USD petrodollars which doesn't make since.....Coffee's ready...be right back.. :D

You reckon the word is out? Just a thought Central Bank announced it had begun to study the need of the project to delete the zeros to submit a bill to the House of Representatives for the purpose of its own legislation, setting out the mechanisms and controls the process of removing three zeroes from the local currency, stressing that its law gives him the powers of a change in their local currency. Maybe they told a Family Member an that one told another, and another, another, and another. An now they don't want to swap it out. Just a thought.

If you are looking like an indicator well.......

Honestly...

Heeeere it is.

As far as the auctions go I have never seen one small like this.

Can you say NOW things are really changing !

Things are coming together day by day.

Hay Adam get that text ready to go now!

Quad B)

• Upvote 1

Looking back at the auction histories it seems like most years there is an extra day right around now where there was no auction? One year Jan 30th then the 31st then Feb1st. Is it possible that today is a holy day or something and most bank branches are closed? Just guessing here.

No holiday today...banks are all open, I already looked into that....doing research I'll be right back tho..

• Upvote 1

You reckon the word is out? Just a thought Central Bank announced it had begun to study the need of the project to delete the zeros to submit a bill to the House of Representatives for the purpose of its own legislation, setting out the mechanisms and controls the process of removing three zeroes from the local currency, stressing that its law gives him the powers of a change in their local currency. Maybe they told a Family Member an that one told another, and another, another, and another. An now they don't want to swap it out. Just a thought.

:rolleyes::mellow::blink::);):P:D yota, you talking about these family members??

Edited by Stryker365
  • Upvote 1

For some strange reason the auction numbers are the first thing I want to see when I wake up every day. Been doing it for months and I guess I'm always looking for some kind of a trend to tell me something but it never really does. LOL.....

But this number today is eye-popping. There HAS TO BE something to this. You don't just go from $200million a day for weeks and months down to $3 thousand in one day. Based on the posts by the likes of Sonny1 and Nawty about drying up the money supply I gotta believe this is a gigantic "wink wink" from the CBI.

• Upvote 1

http://www.cbi.iq/index.php?pid=CurrencyAuctions

Announcement No. (2069)

The latest daily currency auction was held in the Central Bank of Iraq on the 1-FEB-2012. The results were as follows:

Details Notes

Number of banks 3

Auction price selling dinar / US$ 1166

Auction price buying dinar / US$ -----

Amount sold at auction price (US$) 3,250,000

Amount purchased at Auction price (US$) -----

Total offers for buying (US$) 3,250,000

Total offers for selling (US$) -----

Exchange rates

Thank you for the post! Going to do some digging here see what other news is out there..............

Dollar's exchange rates / in Baghdad markets

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

I do not know what this means if anything BUT.................Seeing how it is cold and rainy here with nothing green to look at, I will be going on leave in 22 days, I have nothing else to hope for and I am in a good mood anyway, I think I will try a small practice Dance of Joy. Nobody watch laugh.gif Maybe......Just MAYBE.....well as long as there is some shred of hope......Did I mention I am going on leave in 22 days? Just think, if an RV was imminent, a few of us could have covered that auction. Some of us the taxes due could have covered that auction. Am I getting silly now? Anyway. I will not be in one of the stan countries in 22 days, with a real bed, real food served on a real plate with real cutlery to eat it with and some adult beverages. Let me say this before I go on my previously mentioned first leave in 11 months, I really appreciate all you guys and gals on these forums. It helps keep my sanity. Please...be excellent to each other. cool.gif

:lol: :lol: Thanks for your service bud. I wish you could be headed home for good. Stay safe out there. I'd buy you a cold one if I could!

Yesterday the CBI handed a bill over to Parliament that outlined the project and I am pretty sure...not a 100% but close...that if they had to vote on itm they did..and it was hidden in the finiance committee docs...........Like redsand said...we need to see what tomorrow brings....but my best guess is we are there folks......

• Upvote 5

I do not know what this means if anything BUT.................Seeing how it is cold and rainy here with nothing green to look at, I will be going on leave in 22 days, I have nothing else to hope for and I am in a good mood anyway, I think I will try a small practice Dance of Joy. Nobody watch laugh.gif Maybe......Just MAYBE.....well as long as there is some shred of hope......Did I mention I am going on leave in 22 days? Just think, if an RV was imminent, a few of us could have covered that auction. Some of us the taxes due could have covered that auction. Am I getting silly now? Anyway. I will not be in one of the stan countries in 22 days, with a real bed, real food served on a real plate with real cutlery to eat it with and some adult beverages. Let me say this before I go on my previously mentioned first leave in 11 months, I really appreciate all you guys and gals on these forums. It helps keep my sanity. Please...be excellent to each other. cool.gif

Cheers to your first warm shower! . We are going to all have a drink in your honor in the Texas Penthouse in Las Vegas. We are going to drink, dance with joy, call room service and eat with silverware, and then jump in the shower. All in your honor. Can you get Skype? We want you at the party. Any other military dinarians, this is for you too. We want you at the party, however you get there.

I appreciate your service that keeps us safe, and all of the military in stan countries. Stay safe kosman, and we will see you at home. Let me know about the Skype. I'm not kidding.

ps. I am not a techi, but if there is someone that has any ideas on how to bring in the military, or others in other countries, so they can be a part of the party, please let me know.

Edited by Carrello
  • Upvote 2

nawty1, on 30 January 2012 - 08:59 AM, said:

there are 2 things they almost need to do to stop this.

first: stop the auctions, if they stop the auctions they reduce the risk of money landing in the wrong hands.

second: they need to revalue the rate of exchange, if they stop the auctions, which they will have to do soon, until a new rate is high enough that the corrupt will not find it attractive enough to purchase anymore. they need to revalue for purchasing power, there purchasing power for an oil rich country is sad at best. then when the rate is too high for these corrupt to buy, they will start auctions, and interbank trading again.

lotsofdinar asked why would they announce a rv before an actual rv, well if they are not printing dinar anymore, which you would have to believe since they are buying it back, then announcing this would not be a big deal, they know how much dinar will be out, and how much they will be on the hook for. even if some sell there personal dinar, it doesn't get back to iraq, it goes from one speculator to another, so cbi can't count on getting the u.s dinar holders dinar back to the cbi. if iraq is truly done printing the dinar we currently own, them telling us there intentions isn't a big deal at all.

Read more:

• Upvote 3