Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

CBI Currency Auction 1 Feb 2012

oleman

http://www.cbi.iq/index.php?pid=CurrencyAuctions

Announcement No. (2069)

The latest daily currency auction was held in the Central Bank of Iraq on the 1-FEB-2012. The results were as follows:

Details Notes

Number of banks 3

Auction price selling dinar / US$ 1166

Auction price buying dinar / US$ -----

Amount sold at auction price (US$) 3,250,000

Amount purchased at Auction price (US$) -----

Total offers for buying (US$) 3,250,000

Total offers for selling (US$) -----

Exchange rates

Dollar's exchange rates / in Baghdad markets

• Upvote 13

http://www.cbi.iq/in...urrencyAuctions

Announcement No. (2069)

The latest daily currency auction was held in the Central Bank of Iraq on the 1-FEB-2012. The results were as follows:

Details Notes

Number of banks 3

Auction price selling dinar / US$ 1166

Auction price buying dinar / US$ -----

Amount sold at auction price (US$) 3,250,000

Amount purchased at Auction price (US$) -----

Total offers for buying (US$) 3,250,000

Total offers for selling (US$) -----

Exchange rates

Dollar's exchange rates / in Baghdad markets

Foreign Exchange Auctions at the market

Date-MarketPrice-AuctionPrice-Volume(000USD)-Cash-Trans.

01Feb-1,211-1,166-3,250-250-3,000

This is an eye opener, to say the least. GLTA and Go RV.

• Upvote 1

Tamiflyer, do you know what the "250" amount represents by chance? That seems completely out of sync with the rest of the data in the auction.....

I can only guestimate :) that if you take $3,250,000 IQD and divide it by $250,000 IQD = 13 IQD. Coincidental, perhaps. GLTY and All. Go RV.

• Upvote 1

So going back, it appears the "250" is the cash part of the transaction which may represent 250,000 (not sure but looks that way), the transaction amount was 3,000,000 and the total volume is 3,250,000. It is still very irregular and has not been done like this Dec. of 2010. Don't think it represents an RV, but seeing how low and that it was only 3 banks involved, it could mean they are wrapping things up, but that might just be my wishful thinking. Someone with more knowledge about these auctions would sure be nice to have chime in......

Edited by njuztis
  • Upvote 2

Well this is just an oleman's :twocents: but with all of the news about the USD being depleted maybe just maybe they are getting ready to do something in the coming days, It looks like they offered very little for sale today. Who knows, but it is diffently diferent than what we have seen in the past.

• Upvote 1

If i had a dollar for every time i hear that i wouldn't need an RV.... Sorry it had to be done.... Don't judge me :P

I dont take it personal...we all get out of this what we want.. I choose to side on the law of attraction side.... So I try to attract it and some try to de-tract it if you will...GO RV!!!~~~

• Upvote 3