Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Something up with my bank & dinar

Right so I had some spare cash there 2 weeks ago and said " ah what the hell , havent bought any dinar in ages why not get some more" so went online with my bank and placed an order straight from my account, and choose the option to pick it up at my local bank the following day as i've done countless times before, bank guarentees all foregin curencies ordered before 3pm can be delivered to your local bank the following day before 1pm ..... so that was fine.

I let 2 days pass just incase there was a delay and would save me two trips ..... anyway turned up and no dinar .... talked with the manager she couldnt explain it ... called customer services they just keep saying it's in transit .... where from..... Iraq ???

So that was 2 weeks ago still not arrived yet, anyway its been paid for and the bank has to deliver at the rate they sold it for even if there is a change before it get's here.

just thought I'd share .... seems the banks are all dried up here in the UK, anybody else experience anything similar.

• Upvote 3

Hmmm. Thanks Machine, I haven't bought any for years but I am just hearing that old Steve in don't promote other sites is saying something about a big press conference in Iraq, by Saleh has gone down, I am banned so can't lift the information. Brief commentary, 20 days to turn in old large bills in Iraq, 30 days outside Iraq, lower denoms out and being distributed, all under the heading of SOON :lol:

• Upvote 1

Right so I had some spare cash there 2 weeks ago and said " ah what the hell , havent bought any dinar in ages why not get some more" so went online with my bank and placed an order straight from my account, and choose the option to pick it up at my local bank the following day as i've done countless times before, bank guarentees all foregin curencies ordered before 3pm can be delivered to your local bank the following day before 1pm ..... so that was fine.

I let 2 days pass just incase there was a delay and would save me two trips ..... anyway turned up and no dinar .... talked with the manager she couldnt explain it ... called customer services they just keep saying it's in transit .... where from..... Iraq ???

So that was 2 weeks ago still not arrived yet, anyway its been paid for and the bank has to deliver at the rate they sold it for even if there is a change before it get's here.

just thought I'd share .... seems the banks are all dried up here in the UK, anybody else experience anything similar.

Yep my bank calls it SUPPLY AND DEMAND

• Upvote 1

Hmmm. Thanks Machine, I haven't bought any for years but I am just hearing that old Steve in don't promote other sites is saying something about a big press conference in Iraq, by Saleh has gone down, I am banned so can't lift the information. Brief commentary, 20 days to turn in old large bills in Iraq, 30 days outside Iraq, lower denoms out and being distributed, all under the heading of SOON :lol:

I can't believe that the powers tht be at the Steve in don't promote other sites would ban someone of such stature as yourself!!!! Did he not realize who you are???? (he banned me as well!!!! LOL..... now I have been banned from Just4, PD, PTR and the other PD...... the list goes on and on!!! LOL)

If you buy gold or silver from a dealer, they hold on to if for a few days just in case the value goes up, they may or may not honor your purchase rate. It just depends on who you buy it from. sounds similar maybe to what you experienced but there is no certainty that the dinar is going up anytime soon but what you encontered could mean something significant.

Reply to Haymon

No Idea to be honest ..... but where ever they get it they better just get it ...... Tesco bank stopped selling last week... well there site still has dinar for sale but if you try to order you just get an error msg now.

I doesnt make sense for the past few years my bank have always had it next day guarenteed .... I asked if they have stopped dealing with that currency and the managers response was they as a bank had no intention to ever stop dealing with iraqi dinar as far as she knew , she said it extremly rare that they would just stop dealing in a particular currency, normally only because of war or international sanctions.

Will your bank honor the purchase even if it RV's?

yes I have a reciept of sale and they have debited my account for the dinar purchase... ... they must fulfill the end of the contract it's in there terms and conditions.

• Upvote 1

Who do u bank with Machine?

If you buy gold or silver from a dealer, they hold on to if for a few days just in case the value goes up, they may or may not honor your purchase rate. It just depends on who you buy it from. sounds similar maybe to what you experienced but there is no certainty that the dinar is going up anytime soon but what you encontered could mean something significant.

Don't know where you are buying from but I would advise going somewhere. The only time anyone should hold the metal is if you are waiting for payment to clear. If they are holding your metal based on price fluctuations then they are hedging with your cash. If you are locked in they are required to honor your purchase rate. If this is not your experience, FIND ANOTHER SHOP!

You're banned! Good girl. I am so proud of you. It must take a lot for those chauvenists to ban a silly women. You must have really given them hell. B)

• Upvote 1

Right folks I have an update on the dinar situation with the bank ...... I meant to post this friday evening but went out for dinner and forgot all about it, it's been a pretty long week.

Anyway I called back into the bank friday afternoon to see if my order had arrived..... now when I was in the previous friday I left my mobile number with the manager and she said she or someone else would call when the order arrives..... as you can guess I didnt get a call all week ,so went in handed over my order number and waited patiently then the assistant manager came up through the que of people who were now behind me and he asked weather I'd like to wait in his office, I said yeah sure why not, and then was kinda thinking maybe something has happened.

after about 10 mins of small talk about Iraq (absolutly nothing to do with dinar or an RV) another bank employee came in and said to the assistant manager " I've been onto head office about this order your gonna have to speak to them" so he left and took the call elsewhere, 5mins later he came back and said "I really dont know what's going on here" apparently the bank is completly out of IQD they dont have any anywhere in the UK and they cant order any more either, he did ask if they could get from somewhere else but the answer from up above was NO!!.

He was also told I was not alone appaerntly there were a few hundread orders that the bank couldnt follow through on .... all IQD orders .... anyway they just refunded me my money.

Well they were very apologetic about the whole situation .... i'm not gonna make more of this story than it actually is but it is kinda strange that every bank in the UK that sells IQD dry up at the same time.

Oh and in the end it wasnt a wasted trip ... I got a new credit card and upgraded my Current account to a platinum account.

That is interesting. Has anyone else noticed the TampaDinar ads are all about Dong now? I don't know that it means anything, and probably doesn't as they still show Dinar on their home page, but interesting they're primarily pushing Dong now in their ads for the last few days.

I do not know who you buy from but I have never heard of a policy where once you place an order the price is not locked in. I would never do business with those types of dealers. If you want to purchase from a reputable dealer try Coloradogold.com. Not only is your price locked in at time of purchase but they offer some of the lowest commissions around. By the way their customer service is excellent also.