Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Zebari discuss with the UN official ways to close the file of compensation imposed on Iraq as soon as possible

sugga10

بغداد ( إيبا )... BAGHDAD (Iba) ... بحث وزير الخارجية هوشيار زيباري مع رئيس المجلس التنفيذي للجنة الامم المتحدة للتعويضات هانوف شوماخر والامين التنفيذي للجنة مجتبى قزازي افاق التعاون بين المجلس التنفيذي والعراق في سبيل غلق ملف التعويضات المفروضة على العراق باسرع وقت ممكن. Research and Foreign Minister Hoshyar Zebari, with the President of the Executive Council of the United Nations Compensation Hanov Schumacher and Executive Secretary of the Commission Mojtaba Gazzaza prospects of cooperation between the Executive Council and Iraq in order to close the file of compensation imposed on Iraq as soon as possible.

ونقل بيان للوزارة عن زيباري تاكيده على التزام العراق بالترتيبات المتعلقة بالتعويضات كما عكسه تقرير الامين العام للامم المتحدة المرفوع الى مجلس الامن. A statement of the Ministry for Zebari, Iraq, he stressed the commitment of the arrangements relating to compensation as reflected in the report of the Secretary-General to report to the UN Security Council.

وشدد على سعي العراق من اجل تسوية نهائية لموضوع التعويضات ووضع حد لهذا النزيف المالي من خلال معالجة كل القضايا العالقة مع الكويت. He stressed that Iraq sought for a final settlement to the issue of reparations and an end to this financial bleeding by addressing all outstanding issues with Kuwait.

من جانبه اوضح الوفد إن مادفعه العراق خلال العام الماضي من تعويضات للكويت يبلغ مايقارب 4 مليار دولار .( النهاية ).. For his part, the delegation explained that Madfh Iraq over the past year in compensation to Kuwait of approximately $ 4 billion. (End) ..

http://www.ipairaq.com/index.php?name=inner&t=politics&id=50243

***///

Financial bleeding is right!

There's no way a country as wealthy as Kuwait needs THAT many trillions to ease it's pain.

Their attempt to keep the fledgling country of Iraq financially strapped is a ruse.

Tell Kuwait to go pound sand. SO greedy.

I call foul - enough!

( Makes me think someone behind the scenes may be 'using' Kuwait to sabotage Iraq...)

***///

Financial bleeding is right!

There's no way a country as wealthy as Kuwait needs THAT many trillions to ease it's pain.

Their attempt to keep the fledgling country of Iraq financially strapped is a ruse.

Tell Kuwait to go pound sand. SO greedy.

I call foul - enough!

( Makes me think someone behind the scenes may be 'using' Kuwait to sabotage Iraq...)

This is not bad Sarge, Zabari is just trying to get to the final agreement to settle everything with Kuwait.

He pointed out that $ 4 billions was paid last year, I don't think Kuwait is being greedy, they are still owed

around $ 18.5 or is it $ 17.5 billion........

There are other arrangements that have been made according to a few article as of late that talk about the

funds owed being forgiven for investments in Iraq so I think this is good. It tells me that they are a step

closer to getting a deal made, Maliki goes to Kuwait on Feb. 3, someone pointed this out to me the other

day...

....so I believe by Zabari's meeting with these guys he is trying to wrap this up so Maliki's trip ends this Chapter VII issue.

Here's some info off the UNCC site..

The United Nations Compensation Commission is a subsidiary organ of the United Nations Security Council. It was established by the Council in 1991 to process claims and pay compensation for losses resulting from Iraq's invasion and occupation of Kuwait. Compensation is payable to successful claimants from a special fund that receives a percentage of the proceeds from sales of Iraqi oil.

"Iraq...is liable under international law for any direct loss, damage, including environmental damage and the depletion of natural resources, or injury to foreign Governments, nationals and corporations, as a result of Iraq's unlawful invasion and occupation of Kuwait".

(1991), wherein the Security Council created a fund to pay compensation for losses, damage and injury resulting directly from Iraq's invasion and occupation of Kuwait,

You can read more here Sarge, if you want to;

http://www.uncc.ch/introduc.htm