Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

AZ gov. called racist for tiff with Obama

desimo

Jan Brewer tarmac tiff touches nerve in black community, some commentators say

By DONOVAN SLACK|

1/28/12 8:02 AM EST

Reaction to the Jan Brewer encounter is still bubbling, with some black commentators now suggesting the image of the Arizona governor wagging her finger at the President of the United States has touched a nerve in the African American community.

On MSNBC Thursday, Al Sharpton posited that Brewer's treatment of President Obama was another example of disrespect in a list of many for the nation's first black president. His guest, Sirius XM host Joe Madison, said such incidents show that there are people "who cannot stand the fact that this is an African-American who is now one of the most powerful individuals on the planet," Mediaite reported.

An NAACP official went a few steps further in an interview with POLITICO Friday, saying the tiff played on age-old and discriminatory stereotypes of whites being superior to blacks. Hilary O. Shelton, senior vice president for advocacy and policy at the NAACP, said he was particularly disturbed by Brewer telling reporters afterward that she "felt a bit threatened if you will, in the attitude that he had."

"What were you afraid he would do, steal your purse?" Shelton said.

Brewer has said she was taken abackwhen the president brought up the way she wrote about him in a recent book. She said when she met Obama on the tarmac, she asked for a meeting and he responded that she hadn't treated him very cordially in the book, in which she wrote that the president was "patronizing" during a White House meeting.

In any case, the topic does not appear poised to disappear any time soon. Shelton will be discussing it on TV One's Washington Watch with Roland Martin Sunday. Also joining the discussion will be American Urban Radio Networks White House Correspondent and Washington Bureau Chief April Ryan.

Link: http://nation.foxnews.com/barack-obama/2012/01/29/brewer-confrontat...

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

As I listen to people try and support the accusation of racism it makes me ill. Why is it that a person simply cannot do what they feel is correct? Brewer lives in AZ and watches the illegal immigration issue and the damage done. She has a right to be forceful in protecting the State that is her responsibility. It is her responsibility to stand against ANY THING AND ANY ONE who she feels is a threat to the safety of her State. It does not matter if it is a Congressman, President, Pope or St. Peter himself. It is her responsibility and she would be in error to do ANYTHING less.

• Upvote 6

I am sorry but it seems with a black president in the oval office it seems they like to play the race card every time there is someone who doesn't agree with him. Comments like... "I don't like the national debt nearly being doubled in three years"... usually are responded with comments like... "really?... then you must be racist"!!! dry.gif What does race have to do with being fiscally responsible??? huh.gif I really don't care what color our president is.... but he had better be representing the people of this United States or you better believe he will hear about it! Last time I checked it was our right to disagree if we so choose.

Thanks for the post desimo!wink.gif

GO RV Already Baby!!!cool.gif

Edited by RodandStaff
  • Upvote 11

Why are white people not able to experience racism? It is time for people to grow up!

My wife and I have adopted two kids, one is biracial, the other birth parents were both black. We have experienced racism from both sides. It always amazes me how many folks will try to patronize adoptive parents with comments like... "oh, that is such a good thing you have done... adopting a child of another race"! Let me speak from my own personal experience, and yes I realize there may be others who feel differently... but my wife and I adopted because we wanted to be parents and we weren't physically able to accomplish that... and it takes on average a wait of 10 years to get a chance at a healthy white infant. To us the color doesn't matter ( but yes, we have to deal with some issues when we raised our kids), what matters most is that we were able to start our own family. Sorry for rambling, but just letting ya know our experiences with racism. Thanks for listening.wink.gif

• Upvote 15
  • Downvote 1

B)

On MSNBC Thursday, Al Sharpton posited that Brewer's treatment of President Obama was another example of disrespect in a list of many for the nation's first black president. His guest, Sirius XM host Joe Madison, said such incidents show that there are people "who cannot stand the fact that this is an African-American who is now one of the most powerful individuals on the planet,"[/b] Mediaite reported.

Yes he is the most powerful African American on the planet and he still lives in government housing! :lol::P

I couldn't help it and wasn't trying to offend as I'm not a racist and have friends of all nationalities, and it was actually an African American buddy of mine who told me that. :D Honestly I think Obama is the biggest racist out there, and anyone who doesn't believe that should read his books and they can hear it coming right from the horse's mouth. Actually I think the biggest problem today is reverse racism, the same buddy of mine said that, and he's actually a pastor, but if people really want to get away from racism they have to stop having a double standard. He pointed it out that look at the language we use in music (rap), comedy, movies, etc. Why can I drop the N bomb on a fellow black man and it's cool but if you do it being white it's racism? We both agree that African American, Latin American, etc. should be eliminated because I would be a German American who likes Irish Americans who has a friend who is Russian American, I mean really why can't we all just be AMERICANS!!!!! This IS who we are, not saying you should give up your heritage as it's important and makes you who you are, but as a citizen of this great country you are an American and should be proud of it, no matter if your black, white, purple, or green! B)

What color does a smurf turn if you choke it? :P

• Upvote 5

As I listen to people try and support the accusation of racism it makes me ill. Why is it that a person simply cannot do what they feel is correct? Brewer lives in AZ and watches the illegal immigration issue and the damage done. She has a right to be forceful in protecting the State that is her responsibility. It is her responsibility to stand against ANY THING AND ANY ONE who she feels is a threat to the safety of her State. It does not matter if it is a Congressman, President, Pope or St. Peter himself. It is her responsibility and she would be in error to do ANYTHING less.

There are areas that we cannot enjoy down here because of armed drug mules, public pieces of land on AMERICAN soil that are overrun with lowlife pieces of scum. Yet the Obummer administration denies any problems at the border. As an Arizonian it made me proud to see our governor scold him, it's sad that politics overrule our national safety.

• Upvote 2

If we did not have a black person in the white house what would be talking about? I put this out here for thought. No crack head response but i really would like to know what would be talking if there was no :D Obama, Obummer, O something or another. We would have nothing in common we would not be in the Off topics. Well maybe we would with Scrum entertaining us with some information from Info Wars or something someone sent him and he passed on. :lol:

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 3

We are all Americans. Republicans, Democrats, Independents, Skin Color. If we are citizens of this great land legally. If not then you are a minority. Enjoy your visit and go home. Or if you stay become legally a citizen and become an American. I so hate racial prejudice that all of my children have told me they would date a black or oriental person if they felt love for that person. My daughter is a beautiful white lady and she is dating a black guy who I personally don't like because he don't have the guts to come and ask me if he can and I don't want her married to a coward. Hopefully he will man up if he loves her. Because I don't think she will ever respect him if he don't. So I can say for truth I put my money where my mouth is. Obama is evil because he is not American. He revealed himself to me when he said from his own mouth that he could detain any American anywhere for suspicion only and that he could kill any American anywhere in the world. That was a huge mistake. He could have worded that the new law said that any president could do that but he personalized it and said I can kill any American. He showed what he was at that moment and I will never trust him. He is Anti-American. When he said it he had a look of evil and sadistic glee in his eyes. Go back to the news clip and watch it. I am a student of expression and body language. He hates Americans.

• Upvote 3

We are all Americans. Republicans, Democrats, Independents, Skin Color. If we are citizens of this great land legally. If not then you are a minority. Enjoy your visit and go home. Or if you stay become legally a citizen and become an American. I so hate racial prejudice that all of my children have told me they would date a black or oriental person if they felt love for that person. My daughter is a beautiful white lady and she is dating a black guy who I personally don't like because he don't have the guts to come and ask me if he can and I don't want her married to a coward. Hopefully he will man up if he loves her. Because I don't think she will ever respect him if he don't. So I can say for truth I put my money where my mouth is. Obama is evil because he is not American. He revealed himself to me when he said from his own mouth that he could detain any American anywhere for suspicion only and that he could kill any American anywhere in the world. That was a huge mistake. He could have worded that the new law said that any president could do that but he personalized it and said I can kill any American. He showed what he was at that moment and I will never trust him. He is Anti-American. When he said it he had a look of evil and sadistic glee in his eyes. Go back to the news clip and watch it. I am a student of expression and body language. He hates Americans.

That's your point of view sir, i wonder why does not ask not because he is coward because he may think you are one of those stuck in the 60's types of person that cannot be approached. He is dating your daughter not you. If you put the happiness of your daughter first instead wanting her boyfriend to ask permission to date her well crappy i think you just might be out of touch.

That's your point of view sir, i wonder why does not ask not because he is coward because he may think you are one of those stuck in the 60's types of person that cannot be approached. He is dating your daughter not you. If you put the happiness of your daughter first instead wanting her boyfriend to ask permission to date her well crappy i think you just might be out of touch.

That's your point of view sir, i wonder why he does not ask not because he is coward because he may think you are one of those stuck in the 60's types of people that cannot be approached. He is dating your daughter not you. If you put the happiness of your daughter first instead wanting her boyfriend to ask permission to date her well she may be happier crappy and also i think you just might be out of touch with today's generation.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

The race card is simply another political deflection from any core issue, plain and simple. We all know deep down, that race does not matter in a person's character. It wouldn't matter if the POTUS was all black, or a quarter black. And by trhe way... he's half white. So... bye bye race card... a manufactured issue. Let's stay on point... avoid the deflections...

• Upvote 1

Racist against what? Muslims? Kenyans? Indonesians? CIA operatives? If you believe this crap you must be racist. Ofcouse the media is going to use that card... That's all they have left. Racist is being the only black guy I know still supporting Obama because he's black. That's racist!!

• Upvote 2

Is this post a case of conveniently and selectively forgetting that it was she who went the TV circuit announcing that she felt threatened by the President? It was plain to anyone who saw the photo and witnessed the "encounter" that he was smiling and using the gentleman's elbow touch that many professionals use in greetings. What other factor could be used for feeling threatened? I wonder.

• Upvote 2

When will it stop. Hasn't our government read the story of the little boy who cried wolf. Why is everything and everyone who disagrees with Obama a racist? Stop with the race card! I believe there are people who MUST keep racism alive because without racism they have nothing to give them a sense of importance. Are blacks the ONLY people who can experience racism? Why are white people not able to experience racism? It is time for people to grow up!

Jan brewer was yelling at the white half..................not Racist at all

• Upvote 4

That is pretty typical of the liberal side. If you say anything that they don't agree with you are automaticly labeled a racist. You can't disagree with anything that they have to respond too. If you say that to a white man you are not a racist. When are these folks going to grow a pair.

• Upvote 1

My wife and I have adopted two kids, one is biracial, the other birth parents were both black. We have experienced racism from both sides. It always amazes me how many folks will try to patronize adoptive parents with comments like... "oh, that is such a good thing you have done... adopting a child of another race"! Let me speak from my own personal experience, and yes I realize there may be others who feel differently... but my wife and I adopted because we wanted to be parents and we weren't physically able to accomplish that... and it takes on average a wait of 10 years to get a chance at a healthy white infant. To us the color doesn't matter ( but yes, we have to deal with some issues when we raised our kids), what matters most is that we were able to start our own family. Sorry for rambling, but just letting ya know our experiences with racism. Thanks for listening.wink.gif

RodandStaff, thank you. :)

• Upvote 1