Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Iraqi Central Bank to take a new financial measures in the coming days

rsskelton

RSS thanks for the post and good to see you around again............hope all is well............what a great thread.............just got back in the office after taking a break this weekend....just hitting the highlights and this..........wow...........hopefully..........we will have a week full of good news.............welcome back all............GO DINAR

• Upvote 3

I understand your first point in that stopping the auctions would preserve the CBI's USD that they currently have on their balance sheets (notice I say balance sheets, plural, apparently the CBI maintains multiple sets of books and KPMG can't even provide a definitive audit report). Also, stopping the auctions would prevent the corrupt from accumulating USD. In turn, I'm a speculator, as we all are. It seems to me that currency speculators would want Iraq to deplete their USD reserves and force them to RV or RI the IQD so that they have a viable currency to trade with. Iraq can't indefinitely continue to trade with USD, IMO. Please correct me if I'm wrong. I'm here to learn as well.

I hope that I don't sound too greedy in my post. My hope is that we all walk away making a few bucks and that the US taxpayers recover a significant portion of our tax dollars that were spent on the war.

I admit it. I am in for the money, and I would like to get as much as I possibly can. With that said, I would like to see the people of Iraq see a democracy that provide jobs and homes and electricity so that they can live a decent life. I do not want to make money on their backs. I believe both can be accomplished.

I think everyone is coming back because they can smell the RV's breath! ;)

Zig, that was the camel, and it wasn't breath. B)

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

I admit it. I am in for the money, and I would like to get as much as I possibly can. With that said, I would like to see the people of Iraq see a democracy that provide jobs and homes and electricity so that they can live a decent life. I do not want to make money on their backs. I believe both can be accomplished.

+1 for being candid & honest. You speak for many of us.

• Upvote 2

the word on the street is because there buying so much dinar back for us money, that there us supplies are running thin, so they now have a worthless currency, and not as much usd..........are you guys catching on yet........lol

they seem to have hit there limits so to speak, they cant go below a certain amount of usd, and there currency has to start being used now...... higher exchange rate....

Hey Sonny good to see you posting again. Yes, it does maake sense on what you stated, they are running dry and need to make a REAL move with their currency so their people can start using it in their country.

• Upvote 1

Such good vibes coming from this thread, glad to see after a few days of relative quiet. That RV star will be shining bright tonight...

Thanks RSS for posting this very positive news! And glad to see you and Riley back and to see Sonny make a cameo!

:)

• Upvote 1

Best part about this is.....this the CBI stating not some reporter economist guru story teller!

This is real deal....they really have no choice but to make a change.....they backed themselves into a corner.

"When you do the things you need to do when your supposed to do them there will come a time when you can do the things you want to when you want to do them" ~John C. Maxwell~

• Upvote 1

I want the best for the Iraqi's too. The country has so much potential under the right direction. It's up to the Iraqi government to understand the needs of their people and finally make the right decisions that are in their best interests.

The Iraqis have lived terribly oppressive lives for many years. I'm hoping that they will embrace democracy and find their way peacefully.

I still love you Carello. We've had a few spats along the way. Rock on! Maybe we can pass the peace pipe in Vegas.

Ski

• Upvote 9
  • Downvote 1

Hands down, that was one of the best posts that I have ever read on any forum in regards to the IQD.

Thank you, Carrello.

Dr. J

• Upvote 3

What's up easy....

This is a good article, to say the least but I remain a little reserved as should we all. Raising the exchange rates would have to be followed by the release of the lower denominated currency and I have been watching for something telling us that the design of the new has been approved. Without any evidence of this article and this implying "setting the exchange/ market pricing in the coming weeks it makes me wonder if the lowers have been printed. We know the have the coins....if they were thinking that small in terms of 1/2 dinar coin etc....etc.....then why not have 5, 10, 25 Dinars printed...."right"

Anyways it would explain 30 trillion....because half of that massive number have never been released.

I'm hopeful....because everyone I have talked to, that has served in Iraq, has said Iraqi people carry Dollars and Dinar and they have little faith in the dinar....a country full of people who would rather have dollars then dinar but we are to believe 30 trillion......not me!!!

good to see someone understands the importance of the lower denominations. While it's plausible that the lower denominations were printed already, it is not likely to be the case. The cost of printing such a large bloc of multiple denominations coupled with being able to have the correct year printed on them on a guess for when the release would be makes this scenario very unlikely. However, this does not mean that the new bills are not being printed as we speak or have been printed recently. This would not be to difficult of a secret for them to keep, since the printers are held under such high security. We can only hope this is the case if we wish to see this soon, otherwise it will take time for them to get the new lower denominations printed, moved into place around the country and placed into circulation.

Not to be a downer, but I'm just having a hard time getting my head around the logic of revealing an imminent change to the exchange rate in a news article.

I can understand your point. After hearing and reading so many different ,conflicting and contradicting articles. Seeing and reading something that says they will raise the value of the dinar against the dollar just doesn't seem real. I do think that their back is up against a wall with everything going on and they just may have to RV and sooner than they would expect.

I can understand your point. After hearing and reading so many different ,conflicting and contradicting articles. Seeing and reading something that says they will raise the value of the dinar against the dollar just doesn't seem real. I do think that their back is up against a wall with everything going on and they just may have to RV and sooner than they would expect.

Well, I certainly hope you are right. :D

Not to be a downer, but I'm just having a hard time getting my head around the logic of revealing an imminent change to the exchange rate in a news article.

Yep....there could be other plans tied into this raising the exchange rate to 1000.....

Dont want to spoil the mood cause regardless a rise in the rate is good, but I have theorized with some other members about this exact thing before redenominating to make the switch over very easy and would leave the dinar EXACTLY on par with the USD if they removed the zeros....

I hope this IS NOT the case....

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

Hands down, that was one of the best posts that I have ever read on any forum in regards to the IQD.

Thank you, Carrello.

Dr. J

Thank you Dr .J. I know we call them the way we see them, and I think both of us are beyond Psych 101.

Edited by Carrello
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1