Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Bullet-Ridden Obama Shirt Sparks Investigation

k98nights

By Alyssa Newcomb

Jan 27, 2012 6:35pm

ht_obama_tshirt_nt_120127_wblog.jpg

(Image Credit: Handout)

Seven Arizona teenagers used an Obama T-shirt for target practice and posted a picture on Facebook, causing the Secret Service to investigate.

The photo shows the teenagers in the desert holding guns and a bullet-riddled Obama T-shirt. The Secret Service told ABC’s Phoenix affiliate that the teenagers had a right to free speech, but they also had a right to question their behavior.

The Peoria, Ariz., Police Department is also looking into the matter, since one of their own snapped it.

“I don’t think that the shooting of that T-shirt is that big of a deal,” Sgt. Pat Shearer, who took the photo, told ABC 15.

Jay Davies, a spokesman for the Peoria Police Department, told ABCNews.com that his office had become aware of the photo Thursday afternoon after receiving a call from the Secret Service.

“We are doing an administrative review,” he said, but declined to discuss the details of the case.

Davies said Shearer was a 25-veteran of the department.

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/headlines/2012/01/bullet-ridden-obama-shirt-sparks-investigation/

• Upvote 4

I don't see anything wrong with shooting the shirt but you mean to tell me that there was nothing else in the Arizona desert that they could have shot? If it was a SpongeBob shirt, this wouldn't be in the news. But come on, choosing a shirt with the President on it and posting it on the internet wasn't a smart thing to do. :twocents:

• Upvote 4

I don't see anything wrong with shooting the shirt but you mean to tell me that there was nothing else in the Arizona desert that they could have shot? If it was a SpongeBob shirt, this wouldn't be in the news. But come on, choosing a shirt with the President on it and posting it on the internet wasn't a smart thing to do. :twocents:

I don't believe this is about bored teenagers that just want something to do....something to 'kill". The smartest way to do it? Probably not. Their message is clear, and want to be heard. Got our attention didn't it? They have accomplished more in that picture than 100 debates by slick political, professional BS'ers or a billion empty promises by a president that promised to force his kind of change on us. IMO one of the messages is they want a future and are gutsy enough to do something about it. Desparate times are here and only going to get worse.......not looking good in many ways for the young or old........

• Upvote 1

This again reminds me of the media double standard. During the last election, Palin was hung in effigy and it was clear that it was Palin and nothing happened. But some college students hung a what 'looked like' Obama in effigy and they were in the mainstream media with a national investigation.

• Upvote 1

I could see this big investigation if they had posted something as serious as plans for his assassination on facebook....but come on now....the Secret Service got involved??? I hate the thought of how much that little investigation cost the American tax payers....Don't they have anything better to do with their time.....seriously???? :rolleyes:

GOOOOO RV!!!!!!

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1