Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Dinar News NO PLANS TO MAKE IQD 100 = $1 - CBI (released today March 03)

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

well this does not seem to be good news at all, but then again up is better than down, and this sounds to be more of what will happen than all the talk of an over night change to some of the other figuars of $1.86 to 3+. not the dream we all had but maybe someday it will be.

Oh, shoot lsvet! I'm sorry that I forgot to include this option in the poll. I should have had "D" be, "Believe in the dream or sell and stop bothering me."

My Bad,

FP

Here's my appraisal of the situation... "What, me worry?"

LOL

I agree with you oaklandxxx, this is not going to take place the way it is stated here. That would be a whopper, totalling .00014 increase USD per dinar. If it was to happen like this so gradual it would not be considered the RV, but just a very gradual increase in the value of the IQD. Example of the value of the USD fluctuation. When the value of the dollar changes up and down that is not an RV per say. At least not the Re-Valuation that we are expecting to happen anyway.

It could be a smoke screen , But when i read this it still doesn't look bad

The financial sources familiar with "Al-Watan that" the United Iraqi Alliance bloc that nominated Bayan Jabr Zubaidi the next prime minister after the election, betting on the disclosure of such information described terms to augment the Iraqi National Coalition election, especially with the assurances of the Iraqi Central Bank study revalue Iraqi by deleting the 3 zeros from the nominal value of the current, and the U.S. dollar equivalent of one Iraqi dinar.

Looks like a RV 1 to 1

If RV is 1 to 1 is that the same as if a person turns in a 25,000 iqd they get 25,000 $$ or does the 25,000 iqd become 25 iqd and it's equal to 25 $$? I am very confused on this because I've read here and other places that the value of the higher bills won't change, that the smaller bills will be equals, so in that respect, someting is just not adding up for me.

It could be a smoke screen , But when i read this it still doesn't look bad

The financial sources familiar with "Al-Watan that" the United Iraqi Alliance bloc that nominated Bayan Jabr Zubaidi the next prime minister after the election, betting on the disclosure of such information described terms to augment the Iraqi National Coalition election, especially with the assurances of the Iraqi Central Bank study revalue Iraqi by deleting the 3 zeros from the nominal value of the current, and the U.S. dollar equivalent of one Iraqi dinar.

Looks like a RV 1 to 1

Hey Barbann,

Some good news: If they increase the value of the dinar from 1180 to 1000 per US dollar, it certainly doesn't address the issue about the redenomination they have promised before the end of the year. The 2 statements don't mix. There would be no need to change the currency if the move was that small. I hope that re-brightens your hopes.

I agree with you oaklandxxx, this is not going to take place the way it is stated here. That would be a whopper, totalling .00014 increase USD per dinar. If it was to happen like this so gradual it would not be considered the RV, but just a very gradual increase in the value of the IQD. Example of the value of the USD fluctuation. When the value of the dollar changes up and down that is not an RV per say. At least not the Re-Valuation that we are expecting to happen anyway.

Joe, Well, at least you and oakland aren't "reinterpreting" the article to make it say what you want to believe. I respect that. A 15% improvement in the rate in June helps, but it's not the kind of return we want. That really only makes up for the lost time on the 6% per year that IMF had projected back in '07 and then froze all last year. I agree with you, this is not an RV! It better describes an improvement in the managed float then a lop of 3 zeros. ...Stinks, but that is what it seems to say. Believe it or not (and most like you and oakland won't - no disrespect intended).

If RV is 1 to 1 is that the same as if a person turns in a 25,000 iqd they get 25,000 $$ or does the 25,000 iqd become 25 iqd and it's equal to 25 $$? I am very confused on this because I've read here and other places that the value of the higher bills won't change, that the smaller bills will be equals, so in that respect, someting is just not adding up for me.

I agree with you this statement just doesn't make sense with all the other statements that have been put out , There is no mention of the new 1s,5s,10,and 20s that come into play , Still have to drain one ATM to buy bread Where is E let him have a looksy im sure he can figure this one out as well

tell me anyone, why someone would be on this site spewing negative information. there is no reason for it. they are not investors. Who would benefit by selling negative stuff? The CBI...that's who. There are going to be trillions exchanged in the very near future...think they want more exchange then that?

Agreed . This is a negative post to keep more people buying more dinar. I am surprised we have not heard more negative propaganda than this as close as the RV is to happening as it is.

Am I Mr. PF? I don't want to ignore you if your comment is meant for me. (If so, I usually go by FP). If, in fact, you did mean me, I never suggested that you listen to everyone on here, or that you don't do your own research. I just said that I forgot to include your response as an option in my poll. Maybe a bit on the defensive side lsvet. Ratchet it down a couple of notches. By the way if you are asking me to put up or shut up, here is a list of all the info I've "put up" so far. 16 posts so far? We appreciate your contributions.

FP (aka Phi3ry_F03n1x, apparently)

Edited by k98nights
Removed insulting comment

Sources: Central Bank recovered $ 10 billion, and implement a plan to equalize the Iraqi dinar in U.S. dollars

03/03/2010 Wednesday 18 - the first spring -1431

Financial sources familiar with the "home" for the restoration of the Iraqi Central Bank to more than $ 10 billion and deposits from the former regime seized in international banks, There are efforts to restore the funds other than the value of contracts and deals signed under Saddam Hussein's regime was supplemented after the war for the invasion of Kuwait in 1990.

Mudhir Mohammed Salih, adviser to the central bank raising project yellowing of the currency promoted by the government in 2007, "Central Bank Itboukh on the backburner" and expected to see the end of 2010 or early 2011 on the development project. "

In the meantime, the central bank will continue the policy of stabilizing the exchange rate dinar to the dollar, "Al-Watan" that the central bank seeks to raise the value of the Iraqi dinar of 1180 dinars per U.S. dollar to 1000 dinars per U.S. dollars, within the month of June, and on the extent of conflict this policy with the policy of economic reform, followed by Iraq since 2003, under which the installation is a departure from the principles of capitalism Judge freely exchange rate liberalization, the central bank adviser said that "Iraq is in transition toward a market economy as it targets the central bank has worked to achieve the stability of the dinar exchange rate after The fluctuation is a concern for the citizen. "

In response to the indictment of the central responsibility of rising inflation, despite the policy followed by the installation, Saleh said that "the Central is not interested in lower prices in the marketplace but is responsible for the overall level of prices, and inflation declined in the country and income for the first time arranged to one decimal place, a 6% after was 60% even though there is no price in the world series back to back, but important that the price hikes under control. "

For its part, said an economic expert, Dr. Salama Smeisim for "home," said the leaked information from sources close to the Central Bank of Iraq can put things in different scales and different, and is considered central bank's ability to retrieve these funds from large international banks, each claimant to intervene in monetary policy, which it is exclusively the prerogative of the central bank, particularly because a lot of economic advisers in the Iraqi government demanded to borrow from Iraq's financial deposits at the central bank to cover the deficit in the general budget of the government, said Simasim must "stop such claims at a certain without encroachment on the powers of the monetary authorities. "

She stressed the importance of "keeping the rule of the dinar, above all, because the existence of such quantities of cash allows the authorities concerned to use this cash to address the liquidity shortage faced by the Iraqi budget and is the argument or excuse invoked by some in his allusions to demand the seizure of the existing stockpile of Central Bank

Editor: AlMarsad

http://www.baghdadtimes.net/Arabic/index.php?sid=58968

http://translate.google.com/translat...68&sl=ar&tl=en

I see the highlighted passage, just not sure what your point is??

If they first make 1000 IQD = 1 USD, it will make for an easy transition to 1 IQD = 1 USD. If its 1000 to 1, they can then easily adjust peoples pay and consumer goods pricing for an RV of 1 to 1 by just dropping the 3 zeros from peoples pay and consumers goods with less confusion and acheive the RV of 1 IQD = 1 USD.

This makes the most sense so far, so I think its a smoke screen that will allow them to achieve the RV with the least amount of confusion and use of math skills by the people and vendors to adjust the economy as a whole to transition the 1 to 1 RV.

Three thoughts on this....it totally contradicts the introductions of smaller bills as already stated. Also, where is the draw of large bills from this activity? And lastly, how does this get them on the international market? IMO, more bogus intel and the RV must be much higher. That being said, I also am hearing rumors of a smaller RV through "boots on the ground" sources so obviously, this is a grand "counter" campaign going on to stop the excitement.

Kaperoni,

I sure hope you are right. As for drawing in the big bills, I am assuming, BIG assumption here, that the Iraqi Gov't can call in the bills anytime they wish and they could also declare them as toilet paper after a specific time period. We already have made a wee bit of a profit so if they floated up a bit and did a call for the 3 zero bills, it could burst our bubble but we would still make a profit.

Just a wild guess on this one: Could they intend to slowly ramp the value up to 1,000 IQD per USD in June so that they could then redenominate 1,000x and have a straight 1:1 neutral value exchange? I have heard talk about June before, and that would still leave six months to get all the old denominations out of circulation.

FP

Cant we all just get along , We all have options some good some not so good , It all boils down to even with the current statements being put in font of us we still really don't know whats gonna happen do we ? so say your point and move on

how will this work if they plan to get rid of the higher denom bills? this makes no sense at all.

Read the answer I posted to Kaperoni. I think they can call back the big bills anytime they want..I may be wrong because I am certainly no expert on currency nor Iraqi politics.