Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

ONE MORE FOR OBAMA

robear

PROOF

THAT WE HAVE SOME IDIOTS IN

WASHINGTON !

OR IS IT A CALCULATED PLAN?

Georgia Arms is the 5th

largest retailer of ...223 Ammo in America .. They

sell 9mm, ...45, .223 ammunition. They normally

buy spent brass from the US Department of

Defense. Spent brass is "one time used" shell

cases used by our Military for training

purposes.

They buy the brass, recondition

it, and then reload the brass for resale to Law

Enforcement, Gun Clubs, Gun Shops, and stores

like Wal-Mart. They normally buy 30,000 lbs of

spent brass at a time.

This week the DoD

wrote a letter to the owner of Georgia Arms and

informed him that from now on the DoD will be

destroying the spent brass, shredding it.

It will no longer be available to the ammo

makers, unless they buy it in a scrap shredded

condition (which they have no use

for).

The shredded brass is now going to

be sold by the DoD to China as scrap metal,

after the DoD pays for it to be shredded. The

DoD is selling the brass to China for less money

than the ammo makers have been paying, plus the

DoD has to pay to have the brass shredded and do

the accounting paperwork.

This sure helps

the economy now doesn't it? Sell cheaper to

China , and do not sell at all to a proven US

business. Any hidden agenda working here?

Obama going after the Firearms Industry and our

ammunition!!

The Georgia Arms owner even

related a story that one of his competitors had

already purchased a load of brass last week. The

DoD contacted him this week and said they were

sending someone over to make sure it was

destroyed. Shell cases he had already

bought!

The brass has no value to the

ammo maker if it is destroyed/shredded/melted.

The ammo manufacturer only uses the empty

brass cases to reload different calibers, mainly

.223 bullets.

The owner of Georgia Arms

says that he will have to lay off at least half

of his 60 workers, within 2-3 months if the DoD

will no longer sell spent brass cases to the

industry. Georgia Arms has 2-3 months of

inventory to use, by summer they're

out.

If the Reloading Industry has to

purchase new manufacture brass cases, then the

cost of ammunition will double or even

triple, plus Obama wants to add a 500% tax

on each shell.

You can read the

information and see the DoD letter to Georgia

Arms here:

The Shootist Site

http://www.theshootist.net/2009/03/dod-ends-sale-of-expended-military.html

If you're not

outraged at what this administration is doing

you

should be! Be Afraid! Be Very Very

Afraid! Get involved! It's Your Freedom and Our

Country They're Stealing! If You Fail to Act

Now, there may not be a Free United States

tomorrow!

I implore you to get involved

and forward this to as many people

as you

can. Contact your legislators and put them on

notice, We're fed up with what's going on in the

name of stimulating our economy!

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Excellent work of bringing up a dead/zombie email from 3 years ago!!! Maybe you should do some research and you'd find this decision has been reversed, almost immediately.

Also, if you'll see in the middle, two DEMOCRATS reacted and wrote letters to DOD to have the policy reversed.

Finally, if you'll note at the bottom of my post, this directive began under none other than ya'lls favorite, George W. Bush.

Keep up the good work!

http://www.factcheck...6/georgia-arms/

NRA: "Theories and Rumors" Put To Rest

We’ll leave it to readers to judge whether the Obama administration was ever "stealing" the country, whether there was any chance that "there may not be a Free United States tomorrow!" or whether gun owners would "watch our country die!" if they remained silent. Those are opinions with which people are free to agree or not. But even the National Rifle Association’s chief lobbyist says the Pentagon’s fast reaction to the situation described in this message "put to rest various theories and rumors that were circulated on the internet."

Or, it should have put them to rest. But we keep getting copies of this zombie message forwarded to us by readers who are unaware that the situation it describes was resolved – weeks ago – almost as quickly as the Pentagon received the first complaints.

What Really Happened

Here are the facts about what happened.

March 12: Georgia Arms, a major supplier of reloaded military small-arms cartridges located in Villa Rica, Ga., is notified that it can no longer obtain empty brass casings from the military because of a new policy. All small-arms casings must be mutilated before sale, preventing their reuse in reloaded cartridges.

March 15: Small-arms columnist Gordon Hutchinson raises an alarm in his blog "The Shootist." The item is headlined "DOD Ends Sale of Expended Military Brass to Remanufacturers. " He speculates that "the new administration" is making "an end-run around Congress" by trying to choke off ammunition supplies. "All they have to do is limit the amount of ammunition available to the civilian market, and when bullets dry up, guns will be useless." He urges readers to contact their House and Senate representatives.

March 17: Sens. Max Baucus and Jon Tester, both Montana Democrats, write a letter to the Defense Logistics Agency (the procurement arm of the Pentagon) asking that the new policy against brass sales be reversed. They say "the destruction of fired brass is unwarranted" and a burden on gun owners and small businesses that sell reloaded cartridges. "[R]eloading brass is [a] part of our outdoor heritage," they write.

March 17, 4:30 p.m.: Georgia Arms is notified that the policy has been reversed and their supply of spent cartridge casings has been restored. The company later posts an announcement to customers on its Web site:

Due to the diligent and overwhelming effort of many thousands of you, calling, writing, and emailing our elected officials, DOD Surplus, LLC, has rescinded its prior directive that ALL small arms spent casings be mutilated rather than recycled. … (Below is a copy of the email we received from DOD on 3/17/09 @ 4:30pm)

March 18: The National Rifle Association’s chief lobbyist, Chris Cox, posts a statement saying that the policy had been reversed and adding: "[W]e were assured from the beginning that efforts were underway to resolve the issue favorably." He said that no empty cartridges had actually been destroyed during the brief time that the policy had been in effect.

Meanwhile, a Defense Logistics Agency official writes a letter to Sen. Baucus, and another to Sen. Tester, stating that the policy had been reversed.

March 19: The conservative Web site Newsmax reports the reversal.

Why It Happened

What emerges from the DLA’s letters and the accounts of the NRA’s lobbyist and the Newsmax reporter is that the policy had originated with an order the previous year (during the Bush administration) from the Office of the Secretary of Defense to prohibit the sale of uniquely military items controlled by the Department of State through its munitions list. This order eventually worked its way down to the DLA’s Defense Reutilization and Marketing Service, the department responsible for selling military surplus items. DRMS found that small arms cartridge cases were listed as "sensitive" munitions items, according to the DLA letters, and thus sales of empty cases were halted.

Cox, the NRA’s lobbyist, said the DLA’s explanation "put to rest various theories and rumors that were circulated on the internet, concerning the reason for the suspension." He said the sales had been stopped "in the interest of national security." Newsmax’s reporter said the order was intended "to keep sensitive military hardware from making it into the hands of liquidators and, potentially, the enemy."

Edited by kiteman
  • Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

I am SO happy to see someone post information against dis-information. I still hope O is a one term President, but I do NOT like it when false info circulates about ANY one. Robear...no offense to you. I have gotten fired up about many things I read only to find later that it was totally misleading.

Again, TY Kiteman, for disolving that recirculated and false info. Still, go easy on robear...I'd wager he was relieved to see your new/current info on it.

Just sayin...

Ok, obviously we have a jackwagon among us who doesn't agree that dis-information is bad. Negs....really?

Pheh...doesn't change the facts. B)

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I am SO happy to see someone post information against dis-information. I still hope O is a one term President, but I do NOT like it when false info circulates about ANY one. Robear...no offense to you. I have gotten fired up about many things I read only to find later that it was totally misleading.

Again, TY Kiteman, for disolving that recirculated and false info. Still, go easy on robear...I'd wager he was relieved to see your new/current info on it.

Just sayin...

I'll try to go easy on 'em CC! But it get's harder to do the more of this crap you see.

As you can see, from my neg's (and your's) that not many of them like the facts. They'd rather blindly follow the spin machine as long as it degrades Obama.

And they call anyone outside their way of thinking "sheep" or "kool aide" drinkers. blink.gif

Hang in there!

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

I'll try to go easy on 'em CC! But it get's harder to do the more of this crap you see.

As you can see, from my neg's (and your's) that not many of them like the facts. They'd rather blindly follow the spin machine as long as it degrades Obama.

And they call anyone outside their way of thinking "sheep" or "kool aide" drinkers. blink.gif

Hang in there!

I hear ya. I absolutely LOOOOVE talking conspiracy stuff but at the end of the conversation...you have to get a grip on the reality. Paranoia is a side effect to wayyyyyy to much kool aide.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1