Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Okla. senator wants ban on human fetuses in food

Anti This Anti That

Okla. senator wants ban on human fetuses in food

By SEAN MURPHY | Associated Press – 23 hrs ago

OKLAHOMA CITY (AP) — A Republican state senator from Oklahoma City introduced a bill Tuesday that would ban the use of aborted human fetuses in food, despite conceding that he's unaware of any company using such a practice.

Freshman Sen. Ralph Shortey said his own Internet research led him to believe such a ban is necessary and prompted him to offer the bill aimed at raising "public awareness" and giving an "ultimatum to companies" that might consider such a policy.

Shortey said he discovered suggestions online that some companies use embryonic stem cells to develop artificial flavors, but added that he is unaware of any Oklahoma companies doing such research.

In an e-mail to The Associated Press, U.S. Food and Drug Administration spokeswoman Pat El-Hinnawy said: "FDA is not aware of this particular concern."

The executive director of the anti-abortion group Oklahomans for Life, which has successfully pushed some of the strictest anti-abortion laws in the country through the state's GOP-controlled Legislature, also said he had never heard of human fetuses being used in food research.

"I don't know anything about that," said Tony Lauinger.

Shortey's bill would prohibit the manufacture or sale of any food in which aborted fetuses were used to develop any of the ingredients.

Meanwhile, the bill has caused a stir among Oklahoma lawmakers, many decrying the proposed legislation.

Self-described "pro-life" Sen. Brian Crain, the chairman of the Senate Human Services Committee to which Shortey's bill likely would be assigned, said Tuesday other issues are more deserving of the Legislature's attention.

"We've got too many challenges facing Oklahomans today. We don't need to go looking for possible challenges that may come about sometime in the future," said Crain, R-Tulsa. "If it can be demonstrated that this is a challenge facing our food supply, then I think we need to act quickly, but there's been no demonstration that this is going on.

"I'd hate to think we're going to spend our time coming up with possibilities of things we need to stop."

First elected in 2010 to a heavily Hispanic district on the city's south side, Shortey has grabbed headlines with other bills he's introduced that have not become law. He sponsored a measure last year to crack down on illegal immigrants by authorizing law enforcement to seize their homes and vehicles, and to deny Oklahoma citizenship to babies born to illegal immigrants. He also offered an amendment to a bill that would have allowed legislators to carry firearms anywhere in the state, including the floor of the House and Senate.

This year, Shortey has introduced a bill seeking a public vote on amending the Oklahoma Constitution to abolish the Court of Criminal Appeals.

___

Sean Murphy can be reached at www.twitter.com/apseanmurphy

@yahoonews on Twitter, become a fan on Facebook

http://news.yahoo.com/okla-senator-wants-ban-human-fetuses-food-235857183.html

I cannot believe the evil going on with these criminals using aborted children in food. Now this is highly wicked, and deserves severe punishment from GOD.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

This is for all the people in the dark who refuse to believe that their are satanic people in our world. Wake up to the sick reality that we are not only being posioned by the chemicals that are allowed in our food, but there are people willing to use murdered babies to enhance what you consume. http://www.naturalnews.com/034777_Pepsi_aborted_fetus_cells_soda_flavoring.html

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

1st of all this guy shortey is a complete idiot, a crackpot and I can't understand how he was even voted in his district in Oklahoma.....How a human mind can think of such and allow to come to press is astounding...I personally think that things like this are written to rile or stir others up...attention seekers to keep the publics eyes on them.....this article deserves nothing but a paper shredder....actually, I wouldn't waste my electric to shredd iit..what a ridiculous article.

This is for all the people in the dark who refuse to believe that their are satanic people in our world. Wake up to the sick reality that we are not only being posioned by the chemicals that are allowed in our food, but there are people willing to use murdered babies to enhance what you consume. http://www.naturalne..._flavoring.html

did you read this article?.....its not in our food....this is only in this idiots mind. this article is absolutely stupid and a waste of time.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 2

1st of all this guy shortey is a complete idiot, a crackpot and I can't understand how he was even voted in his district in Oklahoma.....How a human mind can think of such and allow to come to press is astounding...I personally think that things like this are written to rile or stir others up...attention seekers to keep the publics eyes on them.....this article deserves nothing but a paper shredder....actually, I wouldn't waste my electric to shredd iit..what a ridiculous article.

did you read this article?.....its not in our food....this is only in this idiots mind. this article is absolutely stupid and a waste of time.

Well, since you just spout off nonsense by not only not reading what I wrote, but didnt read the article either.

So, I guess you wouldn't mind a company using your child in a flavor enhancer test, hmmmmm. Drink up.

Here I'll post the article for you to READ while you drink some more Flouride (That is ADDED to your tap water).

NaturalNews) (NaturalNews) Senomyx, a San Diego, Cal.-based biotechnology company that specializes in food flavoring ingredients, is under fire for allegedly using aborted human fetal cells to test the effectiveness of its various synthetic flavoring agents. According to reports, the company has plenty of other viable options at its disposal for testing such ingredients that do not involve the moral and ethical problems associated with using aborted human fetal cells, but for whatever reason it has ignored pleas to stop using them.

The Senomyx website explains that the company develops "savory, sweet and salt flavor ingredients that are intended to allow for the reduction of MSG (monosodium glutamate), sugar and salt in food and beverage products." But the way in which it does this is through the use of "isolated human taste receptors," which a group called Children of God for Life (CGL) suggests is a deceptive marketing term to cover up their true nature.

"What they don't tell the public is that they are using HEK 293 -- human embryonic kidney cells taken from an electively aborted baby to produce those receptors," said Debi Vinnedge, director of CGL. "They could have easily chosen animal, insect, or other morally obtained human cells expressing the G protein for taste receptors."

CGL says it has tried to contact Senomyx on numerous occasions to urge the company to switch to alternative testing methods, but has yet to receive a formidable response. CGL has also contacted many of the company's "collaborators," which include PepsiCo, Kraft Foods, Solae, and Nestle. Such collaborators help fund research and development at Senomyx, as well as pay royalties on sales of products they sell that include the company's flavor ingredients.

Campbell Soup was also a Senomyx collaborator, but shortly after being contacted by CGL, the company indicated that it had officially cut ties with Senomyx over the ordeal.

Besides the company's questionable use of aborted fetal cells to test its flavors, the flavors themselves are synthetically-derived. Artificial flavor enhancers are exactly what their name insinuates -- fake. They typically reduce costs for processed food producers by extending flavors and tastes but provide no nutritional benefit to consumers.

[Editor`s Note: NaturalNews is strongly against the use of all forms of animal testing. We fully support implementation of humane medical experimentation that promotes the health and wellbeing of all living creatures.]

Learn more: http://www.naturalnews.com/032043_human_fetal_cells_artificial_flavors.html#ixzz1kZuhTzae

I am from Oklahoma City. I now live in Norman (25 miles south of OKC). Watching the evening news last night I almost threw up. Yes it is true he did this. Here in Oklahoma it seems they will let anyone in the legislature. You would not believe the things that come from our capital. There is a senator or rep ( I don't remember ) named Sally Kern. She told the state a load of homophopia stuff a few times that actually got national attention. She was also caught carrying a firearm in the capital once. As much as I love my state, I also am very embarrassed by it too. Watching the Thunder play last night I was so happy and proud of our state, then this guy Shorty comes on the news speaking about this bill he has brought forth. Oh my goodness. I can just shake my head an tell you people we are not all like that. lol

Edited by Cosmicndn
  • Upvote 5

Anybody ever seen the movie "Soylent Green" ?

Just like "1984" - these writers and moviemakers dream up all of these horrible science fiction dystopias just to give people a good scare with stuff that "would never happen here" - and our corporations say "what's wrong with it- we can do that!"

Corporations have no soul.

• Upvote 1

Don't you just love American politicians? They would rather spend time (and our tax dollars) on preventing something that may or may not be happening, just in case....instead of solving existing problems that are devastating our way of life such as unemployment, big brother government, immagration reform, judicial reform, health care and education issues to name but a few. :P

This guy should be fired...where is Donald when you need him? ;)

or in the words from ESPN.....COME ON MAN! :o

• Upvote 3

LSI Hawk, I appreciate you bringing this article to my attention. After reading it, I felt compelled to do a little more research and as alledged in your article, I found numerous articles where the CGL has infact brought these charges against Senomyx..At this time, I have found nowhere these charges have been proven. Senomyx denies any such use of HEX293...The FDA has found no evidence of the use of Hex to my findings.....

It was not my intensions to offend you as I was speaking of the crackpot that was bringing this non sense to our attention to seek or promote his own agenda......The article you brought forth certainly peaked my curiousity enough to make me dig deeper into this matter....I still do not find evidence of the use of HEX293 or cells of aborted fetus.....You are correct tho....if this is so, we are certainly living in a evil and blind world being led by nothing more than satan himself....which we are.

• Upvote 1