Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Dinar Rumor For once, I can sincerely say, "Steve was right!"

Fi3ry_Ph03n1x

Factors Affecting Currency Value:

1. Political Conditions in the Country

2. Economic Situation - This includes factors such as jobs, unemployment, work ethic, infrastructure, inflation and direction of the economy.

3. Perception from Outside - The perceptions and attitudes of other countries toward a country are as important as the reality of the country's actual situation.

4. Demographics

5. National Leaders - The openness, trustworthiness and likeability of visible leaders is a factor.

6. Isolation versus Openness

7. Natural Resources - The kind of and amount of exploitation of a country's natural resources certainly helps create a perception of value, or lack thereof, of a country's currency. Mining of minerals, forests, oil, fish and other resources are considered. Also the level of technology to development these resources.

8. Weather Factors

9. War and Conflicts - With which other country is a country at war, and who is it's allies?

10 . Education - This includes languages spoken, level of computer know-how, Internet connectedness, culture and religion. Scientists, entrepreneurs, authors and inventors are all affected by the type and quality of education in a country

What is left for Iraq to do to complete the circular events in Iraq that will give Iraq a complete financial structure, to help all Iraqis have financial growth.

1.) To focus on non-oil revenues (agriculture, natural gas development, development of resorts, scientific research and development, retail stores, construction, medical, and education) which will help the Iraq sustain a fiscal policy,

• Upvote 1

AFP - [3/3/2010]

Iraq's oil exports reached their highest level in February since Saddam Hussein's invasion of Kuwait in two decades, oil ministry spokesman Assem Jihad told AFP on Tuesday.

"Oil exports for February reached 2.069 million barrels (per day) and this is the highest export level since 1990," Jihad said.

"This is a step towards the ministry's goal of exporting 2.15 million barrels per day this year."

That level of output would provide much-needed revenue for a country in dire need of post-war and post-sanctions reconstruction, rivaling Saudi Arabia and Russia as the world's top oil producers.

But security and dilapidated infrastructure remain key obstacles to post-Saddam Iraq following the 2003 US-led invasion achieving its target output. http://www.iraqdirectory.com/DisplayNews.aspx?id=11839

• Upvote 1

Interesting point you make Barbann. In Alaska, all residents get a pay check once per year from revenues generated from oil production. It's usually $1,500 to $2000 per year. Just imagine what an average Iraqi would get from the third largest oil producing nation in the world!

FP

Well now if we could only get the US Gov't to see where it is beneficial for us all to use our own natural resources instead of buying them elsewhere woudln't we have it made?? Not necessarily in the form of a check but maybe less need for the incessant tax hikes they seem bent on imposing on us.

I am going to respond to FP here so that all can see my line of thinking. I will not argue each point since it is not really relevant to the discussion at hand, in my opinion. We can have disagreements about how a specific sentence might be understood. On the other hand, when we get to the crux of the issue, namely the upcoming RV, it is necessary that we be clear as to what I did or did not say.

We will start with this quote and FP’s response:

“The Iraqi dinar's exchange rate is suffering from low value against foreign currencies as a result of decades of wars and economic embargo that brought the local currency's exchange rate to the rock bottom from three dinars per dollar in the late 1970s and 1980s to 3,000 dinars per dollar after the 1990 invasion of Kuwait, followed by a 13-year crippling sanctions regime. "

Notice in a previous post how Steve has conveniently redefined "currently" to mean a new exchange rate rather than the obvious interpretation of the current (read: what is actually posted right now) exchange rate? Yet, they use the word "is" in the sentence, "The IQD's exchange rate is suffering..." Well, Steve, is the curent rate suffering, or is the current rate a new RV'ed rate? We can't have it both ways. If Maliki is talking about a current rate meaning an RV'ed rate, then why is it suffering from "low value", and yet he still talks about it in the present tense?

Here it is necessary for me to clarify that my reference to changing the word “current” to “new” did NOT have anything to do with Maliki’s statement. It was in reference to Shabibi’s statement made the next day. I notice, incidentally, that the word “current” is not even in Maliki’s statement, so I’m wondering why FP has applied it here when it is not here at all. So therefore the remainder of FP’s questions in the paragraph above have no application to the statement or anything about a “new” rate.

Now, with reference to my “convenient” changing of the word “current” to “new” you might also recall that this was translated from Arabic to English. Someone decided to use the word current. I posted the definition of current in another thread and showed that a synonym for the word “current” is also “new”. Furthermore, the definition of “current” can also include the meaning of passing from one to another. This would apply to the IQD rate as “passing from one to another”. Similarly the term “new” in the definition below also includes the idea of “most recent”. This would also apply to the IQD rate as “the most recent, or new” rate.

cur•rent

   Show Spelled[kur-uh nt, kuhr-] Show IPA

–adjective

1. passing in time; belonging to the time actually passing: the current month.

2. prevalent; customary: the current practice.

3. popular; in vogue: current fashions.

4. new; present; most recent: the current issue of a publication.

5. publicly reported or known: a rumor that is current.

6. passing from one to another; circulating, as a coin.

Steve

Of all the folks that post on this site I really look forward for those from Enoreste and Fi3ry P.

Unfortunately, Enor. has on more than one occassion made a date and rate prediction that failed to materialise. This is the one thing that has often scewered my confidence in his post. Fi3ry on the other hand has always stopped just short of stating a date and rate... this, to me, keeps his credibility in tact. Equally, I know that this is a Rumor site but it is sometimes very difficult for some of us lesser beings to see this after we read the quality of your post, the well thought out analysis and the general professional layout of your respective arguments.

Notwithstanding the above, I really do appreciate the input of these two gentlemen. Be blessed my brothers

Here it is necessary for me to clarify that my reference to changing the word “current” to “new” did NOT have anything to do with Maliki’s statement. It was in reference to Shabibi’s statement made the next day.

Steve

Right on point about my mistake Steve and although have already acknowledged in general in the thread, I apologize to you personally for my misunderstanding if what you meant. However, Shabibi was not talking about def. 4 or 6 either, and I can't take credit for discussing it. Another reader (I think it was Steve527, or something like that... sorry for not remembering.... it was yesterday for me and we all know that yesterday saw a lot of action) identified that in Shabibi's original news article the article specifies 1170 IQD per US dollar right in the story. Somehow this detail got lost by the time the story made it to the forums. Kudos to him for a good discovery. You'll find a copy of the info he brought to our attention in your last thread and about halfway through this thread as well.

Sorry, once again for my criticism when it was my fault for misunderstanding your meaning. Even if Shabibi's article hadn't specified that the current rate is 1170, I still think it would be a stretch to disregard the standard meaning of the word for one of the two that you identified. This is only my opinion as I acknowledge that you have the right to interpret the definition as you see fit. Ultimately, we'll know if your definition of the word and subsequent timeline is right if an announcement comes to pass in the next few days.

Thanks Steve,

FP

Well, I'll give Steve this credit. It is much easier for me to pontificate about what a news article does or does not mean. It is much harder to come up with concrete determinants on when and how much an exchange will take place for. Steve may have been wrong about last weekend, but he had the nuts to put his neck on the line, and I give him credit for that. I will be the first to tell you that I don't have access to any intel that would give concrete evidence on when an RV would take place. I just read, analyze, and apply my life experience and common sense to what I read. Even though we disagree, Steve is working hard and trying to put his perspective out there for you guys. Thanks for the kind words Joeintt.

FP

Of all the folks that post on this site I really look forward for those from Enoreste and Fi3ry P.

Unfortunately, Enor. has on more than one occassion made a date and rate prediction that failed to materialise. This is the one thing that has often scewered my confidence in his post. Fi3ry on the other hand has always stopped just short of stating a date and rate... this, to me, keeps his credibility in tact. Equally, I know that this is a Rumor site but it is sometimes very difficult for some of us lesser beings to see this after we read the quality of your post, the well thought out analysis and the general professional layout of your respective arguments.

Notwithstanding the above, I really do appreciate the input of these two gentlemen. Be blessed my brothers

Enorrste & Fi3ry_Ph03n1x - thank you both for all your input and analyses, and your willingness to share it with all of us...! I totally agree with joeintt...

Be Blessed Brothers,

RON :)

It seems to me that the longer Iraq goes on advertising and selling dinars at the low rate that it's been, the more dinars that they're going to have to pay for when people clamor to cash them in for billions of dollars - maybe trillions. Could they possibly have enough resources to cover all the dinars that have been sold by now? The sooner the better for them to RV - even if it's at $.10 a dinar and then letting it float.

It seems to me that the longer Iraq goes on advertising and selling dinars at the low rate that it's been, the more dinars that they're going to have to pay for when people clamor to cash them in for billions of dollars - maybe trillions. Could they possibly have enough resources to cover all the dinars that have been sold by now? The sooner the better for them to RV - even if it's at $.10 a dinar and then letting it float.

This is one of the common sense reasons that leads me to believe that it probably won't RV, Squaredaway.

FP

Hi,

In this post, I'm going to touch on two issues:

First, I will look at the Arabic term used in the article which quotes Maliki, and which appears in the translated English article as re-evaluation, and whether or not it is different from re-valuation.

Second, I will look at the Arabic sentence in the article which quotes Shabibi, and which appears in the translated English article as the current exchange rate that is reasonable and stable, and whether or not this refers to a new rate other than the current 1170.

Here are the articles which quote Maliki:

Arabic: http://ar.aswataliraq.info/?p=205839

English: http://en.aswataliraq.info/?p=127789

The Arabic term used is: إعادة تقييم

إعادة (the word for: re-, and pronounced: ei'adat), and تقييم (the word for: evaluation or valuation, and pronounced: taqyeem).

The Arabic term can be translated as re-evaluation and/or re-valuation. Aswat al Iraq chose the English word re-evaluation, but they could have just as well used the word re-valuation. When I read the Arabic, I did not see any conflict in Arabic that might appear in English between re-evaluation and re-valuation. ei'adat taqyeem is a standard Arabic term for the RV. I therefore don't support the interpretation that the term is not a reference to the RV.

Here are the articles which quote Shabibi:

Arabic: http://ar.aswataliraq.info/?p=206023

English: http://en.aswataliraq.info/?p=127815

The English article is a brief translation of the Arabic one. In the English article, there is one reference to the 1170 rate, but in the Arabic article, there are two references to the 1170 rate.

This is the sentence in the English article: "The current exchange rate is reasonable and stable and can be defended by our vast foreign reserves, totaling $43 billion U.S. dollars at the moment,

The Arabic term used is: تقييم

netinfo: Great post, and thanks so much for you assistance. Not that the student is checking the teacher's work, but I ran the Arabic word that you identified through an Arabic to English online dictionary. The result for the quoted word above was, "assessment" which seems to align with everything I've heard from you and the original translation so far. It seems that evaluate is the ideal English word to translate, but does not seem to rule out "valuation" either.

Again, much appreciated sir!

FP

netinfo: Great post, and thanks so much for you assistance. Not that the student is checking the teacher's work, but I ran the Arabic word that you identified through an Arabic to English online dictionary. The result for the quoted word above was, "assessment" which seems to align with everything I've heard from you and the original translation so far. It seems that evaluate is the ideal English word to translate, but does not seem to rule out "valuation" either.

Again, much appreciated sir!

FP

FP,

Yes, in addition to evaluation and valuation, it also means assessment, and other similar meanings.

Here is the Google of it:

http://translate.google.com/#ar|en|%D8%AA%D9%82%D9%8A%D9%8A%D9%85

netinfo

After being in this for 5 years and I don't post much, but one thing is for sure, they are not going to come out ever and say everything is lined up and we are going to RV at this amount on this day!! So all of this analisis is find and dandy but no one knows the truth of what they will do in the end!!!

After being in this for 5 years and I don't post much, but one thing is for sure, they are not going to come out ever and say everything is lined up and we are going to RV at this amount on this day!! So all of this analisis is find and dandy but no one knows the truth of what they will do in the end!!!

Somewhat true, I would say, lawog. We may not know exactly what will happen or when it will happen, but we can learn what Iraq intends to do by watching what they do and have done, and listening to what they say. It may not tell us word for word what exactly will happen, but we can have some idea of what to expect by analyzing the facts collaboratively. Just like a football game: if you are really into stats, know the injured list, the coach's history, background, and tendancies, you may have a good idea of who is going to win the game, but you don't know the exact score until it's over.

FP

Somewhat true, I would say, lawog. We may not know exactly what will happen or when it will happen, but we can learn what Iraq intends to do by watching what they do and have done, and listening to what they say. It may not tell us word for word what exactly will happen, but we can have some idea of what to expect by analyzing the facts collaboratively. Just like a football game: if you are really into stats, know the injured list, the coach's history, background, and tendancies, you may have a good idea of who is going to win the game, but you don't know the exact score until it's over.

FP

You are correct with the football, but again we have more access to the teams than we do Irag! Irag will come out and say one thing and do another. If a team does not disclose an injury on a certain plyer they will be fined!! But you are right if we watch what they do and not what they say we will eventually catch them and get a peak at their cards. Keep up the good work.

Ok ,so to make a long story short after reading all of the above and because I am not as smart as most of them, ballpark when will we have the RV/RI and for how much?

Only God knows...! I'm not sure M & S are sure when and how much - they know what they would like, but might feel too much pressure to pull the trigger. We might have to wait till June, but that timeline can be extended an additional 6 months. Hang tight, and keep the Faith.

Blessings,

RON ;)