Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Dinar Rumor You are not going to believe this!

Enorrste

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Steve, thanks for seeing the Dinar statements in a such a positive light. Having waited for so long I hope it IS finally settled and we all can thank God for answering our prayers and dreams.

An RV/RI rate at 3.22? Priceless

Paul

Kent, well done in using my own phrase against me! In the case of this announcement we have two issues. The first is the problem in translating from Arabic to English. Hopefully I will be vindicated by netinfo in my assumption that my "translation" is accurate.

The second issue, more to your point, is the subtle nature of the statement. In my opinion Shabibi was quite direct, in Arabic, and his statement was understood as it was stated. You need to understand that for the local Iraqi the rate is not really material. Take the dollar, for instance. Do you know or even care it if will buy 1.49 Euros, or .95 Euros? Of course not. From within a country the foreign exchange rate is not relevant (until imports become cheaper). So there is really no reason for Shabibi to give a number, which would probably be meaningless to most Iraqis anyway. What IS meaningful, is to state clearly that the "new" exchange rate will be "strong" and will be "supported" by adequate reserves. Here we see the "ego statement", and that hits home for the Iraqis.

Steve

jesse and nuls1066, I suspected that someone would question my addition of a word and my change of a word and even stated so in the post. However, for both of you I will address these minor additions. Let's take the word "now". This word does not change the meaning of the statement at all. It only clarifies the meaning of the statement. If I say "the CBI is adopting" or I say "the CBI is now adopting" I defy you to tell me that the meaning is changed, other than to indicate that it is happening NOW. The fact of the matter is that the verb is "is" and not "has" or "will be". It is in the current tense, meaning that it applies to "now" as opposed to "then" or "soon". Therefore, in spite of your attempt to state that the meaning is changed, you are mistaken.

The second case is similar to the first. Here is a common dictionary definition of the word "current":

cur

All I have to say is that you have made assumptions and they have proven to be wrong. I would love to see you be correct, But at the same time I think you are wrong. I highly doubt this is going to happen with in 24 hours as you say it will. ISX already stated they are stopping trading during the elections so i highly doubt anything is going to happen with in 24 hours. If it does, I will gladly admit that i am wrong, I just doubt it

SO when it doesnt happen in the next 24 hours. What are you going to say then? I would love to hear your justification on that....

May I remind everyone, no one know the date or rate, not even E, I admire his talent in the written word, but his rate of 3.22 is based on rumor, and his statement that we already have an RV is not confirmed, so keep being patient , it will be soon.

The meaning changes if you keep what's in parantheses from the original text. Why was it removed from the analysis?

CBI governor says current exchange rate reasonable

March 1, 2010 - 12:37:27

BAGHDAD / Aswat al-Iraq: The governor of the Central Bank of Iraq (CBI) on Monday said that the current exchange rate (1,170 Iraqi dinars per dollar) is reasonable, adding that the bank has enough foreign reserves to defend the exchange rate.

“The CBI is adopting a managed floating policy of exchange rate, through which a reasonable exchange rate is fixed,” Sanan al-Shubibi told Aswat al-Iraq news agency.

“The current exchange rate is reasonable and stable and can be defended by our vast foreign reserves, totaling $43 billion U.S. dollars at the moment,” Shubibi explained.

http://en.aswataliraq.info/?p=127815

I follow the analysis and see your point (and always learn from your posts), but if Shabibi was really announcing the RV wouldn't he clearly announce it with a rate? If he really was eluding to the RV and it was understood that way one would think it would cause mass speculation. I have always assumed an RV announcement would be immediate, but a LOP announcement would be gradual and repetitive to avoid confusion. I guess I am falling back to your own hermaneutic "if the plain sense makes sense look for no other sense".

When have the Iraqi people EVER done anything directly. They have always been like this. I am just going to remain hopeful and wait it out. This is a long term investment. Not short term like I was first lead to believe.

jesse and nuls1066, I suspected that someone would question my addition of a word and my change of a word and even stated so in the post. However, for both of you I will address these minor additions. Let's take the word "now". This word does not change the meaning of the statement at all. It only clarifies the meaning of the statement. If I say "the CBI is adopting" or I say "the CBI is now adopting" I defy you to tell me that the meaning is changed, other than to indicate that it is happening NOW. The fact of the matter is that the verb is "is" and not "has" or "will be". It is in the current tense, meaning that it applies to "now" as opposed to "then" or "soon". Therefore, in spite of your attempt to state that the meaning is changed, you are mistaken.

The second case is similar to the first. Here is a common dictionary definition of the word "current":

cur

Very Well Put enorrste. I agree with you in that if the word current was actually referring to the rate of .00086 then the entire statement does not make any sense. However if the meaning of the word current actually means 'new' then it make very good sense they were talking about the new RV rate.

Thanks for the post.

ennorste, after reading nuls1066 last reply ' it is clear you are not going to convince all the people all the time ' not a problem everyone has their own opinion' dont let the few from discouraging you evaluation of these statements. If anyone think the statement using the word current meant the .00086 rate and that it makes any sense what so ever at the rate , well ! then they have more problems than just your interpretation of that sentence.

Thanks for all you have done for us enorrste.

Yea your right I'm not going to believe it, because guess what you lost the bet and it did'nt happen and I know your heart is in the right place at least I want to believe it is, I just wish you would'nt act like you know beyond a shadow of a doubt, that's not cool, for us who are actually wanting to believe you, Thanks for the effort I guess........