Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

WoW (World of Warcraft) Do you play?

cisole

This is a chance to make more friends in game, maybe even have more "guildies" if you are already on the same server. Heck even transfer servers if you are good friends on DV!

Feel free to post server and character names :)

PLEASE DO NOT POST REAL ID INFORMATION IN THIS THREAD!

World Of Warcraft ruined my life. My X wife got addicted and played for 16+ hours a day and was having major X rated cyber sex with the her guild master. Not only that but she wasn't paying the bills and we lost everything and now I am $400,000 in debt. This is just a scratch on the surface of what she has done to me and I mean a small scratch.

Get out while you can!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

World Of Warcraft ruined my life. My X wife got addicted and played for 16+ hours a day and was having major X rated cyber sex with the her guild master. Not only that but she wasn't paying the bills and we lost everything and now I am $400,000 in debt. This is just a scratch on the surface of what she has done to me and I mean a small scratch.

Get out while you can!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Moderation.... people need to learn moderation.....

No. I'm an adult...

How can a grown man spend time playing video games when his country is falling?

I pray you have no children...

It would blow your mind of how many people play this game that are 40+

Yes I play , mainly on weekends . On Moonrunner , main toon is Chuckfinnley.

Alliance - Medivh (10 level 85's on that server)

It would blow your mind how many family's around the world are torn apart by this game. It is no joke!!!

I am familiar with those statistics, all I can say is, will power needs to be used, and if people are too weak to control their game time or how it influences their life and family members. Then those particular individuals need to stop playing.

For the rest of us that can still hold jobs, pay attention to our families and while playing in moderation. There is no problem.

To the fact, It's not the Games fault, it's the people playing it that let it ruin their lives

"Guns don't shoot people, people shoot people."

This is my X on gamers anonymous.

Hello, I am writing this because I think I may have a online gaming proble. I play the online game World of Warcraft. Let me start off by saying that this is the first online game I ever played. I am not a gamer who plays everything under sun, but I have found myself very sucked into this game. It started back in April 2009, I started playing because I thought it would be fun to play with my Nephew. Well the more levels I got the more addicted I got to the game. I found it was very sociable and I am a very sociable person. Playing this game I ended up losing my marriage. I was married to my husband it would be 8 years this month actually. I met a man on the game and our responses to each other got out of hand, I ended up cyber-cheating on my husband. Not only did I end up cheating but I also see that I had put obscene amounts of time into this game instead of spending my extra time with my husband. He found out all the cyber stuff and despite it wanted us to work on things. But he demanded that I stop playing WoW. At the time I was blinded by the fact that I was addicted. I was leader of my guild and had many many "friends" on my server. I did not want to give up this social world that I had found. But I have now lost my husband, we had our problems and things escalated to a point that they never should have went to. So I asked my husband to leave our home for a little while. Well he did not want to leave and was trying to make me see that I was choosing the game over him. I believe that had I just gotten rid of the game when he had asked my marriage might have been salvagable but now after having left our home at the end of august he has now met a new woman and no longer wants to work on our marriage. He tells me that I abandoned him and choose a game over him. I have since given up the game but still wake every morning with grief over my stupid mistakes. My husband and I have 2 young children and I feel as though I ruined thier lives as well over my stupid WoW addiction. I wish that he would forgive me and come home but he tells me he will never return. I am so disappointed in myself. And just dont know what to think of myself anymore.

Welcome home pink porkchops...I don't know about this game but sombody was talking about the "angry birds" game...I must be out of touch, I thought they were talking about the Ravens getting beat by the Patriots..they were angry or they might have just been pouting...I dunno! :blink:

Welcome home pink porkchops...I don't know about this game but sombody was talking about the "angry birds" game...I must be out of touch, I thought they were talking about the Ravens getting beat by the Patriots..they were angry or they might have just been pouting...I dunno! :blink:

LOL, you've got it. hit the nail right on the head :twothumbs:

• Upvote 1

Holy smokes! I didn't realize games could get that far out of hand. Guess it's a good thing I'm too stoopid to play em. First time for lots of things. I guess we are all addicted to something...for me it's chocolate...I heard it releases feel good endorphins in the brain..I must have several million of them released right now..reckon that what causes people to get the big head? Looks like the rv game is kinda addictive too! I would have bought more dinar but the only thing I had left to morgage had a hole in it... :wacko:

Sorry Pink Piggy- when EQII came out in 2004 I was instantly hooked. I tried WoW and there just is no comparison between the 2.. IMO WoW is to cartoonish and not enough content for a solo player like myself (I really dislike grouping/raiding..... hiss fits for loot, people more interested in statistics (parsing), etc).

Having said that I am a guild leader (Cataclysm) of 3 dedicated people who among us have over 25 toons where we are mostly soloists who like to craft and like to immerse ourselves in the story line of the game rather than spend countless hours grinding the same dungeon over and over to get that elusive fabled gear.

I used to play a few years ago. After I got home from a long day at the office, I would sit and play for a little bit. I realized how easy it was to sit there for hours, and I just didn't have the time.

So, I quit since I knew that I'd never have an 85 Paladin :(

LoL isn't bad ..I play that very sporadically and it's similar to WoW

All games can become addicting..... If you can manage self-control, you can manage playing games.... Just remember moderation...

I used to play WoW on a free-server, and found it interesting & fun to play with other online friends that I knew. That was about 2 years ago.

I actually just started playing again 2-3 months ago.

I have a lvl 85 combat rogue... Current ilvl 386 (Working on legendary quest)

I also have a level 83 Dk. I was bouncing between my Dk & Rogue when I hit 55.

I just recently created a mage that sits at lvl 20. I maybe have about 3 to 4 hours into the mage.

Its all really in the end-game, but, rushing to 85 has downsides.

If you wish to lvl all primary & secondary professions, you will find it hard.

There are a lot of helpful guides, add-ons, and so forth that help you play the game. With that said, the faster you quest, the faster you level. Which may lead to you finding less time playing the game.

Its cheap entertainment... Luckily I don't feel like an addict because I get bored easily when playing.. (I.e., can't do the same thing for more than an hour straight)

But the game has it all, you can attend fairs, go fishing, do quests, do dungeons, work on professions, have player versus player, and player vs enemy...

Even since I started playing, I don't play nearly as much... Hitting 85 is sort of hitting a ceiling lvling wise so all your left with is the little time per week you can do raids.

However, if you have 10 characters, your likely looking at being busy all week if they're all 85. HAH

sorry no WoW for me but i do play mw3 on ps3 add me: mjassassin

I prefer to play FPS games on PC

Do they make a bluetooth keyboard/mouse type setup for PS3s?

If so, PS3/X-box would be pretty tempting.

Graphics on BF3 are pretty amazing.

Never thought to get into mw3 - BF3 sort of gives the entire experience and requires more skill IMO

This coming from a guy that still plays CoD2. Hard to surpass the classics...

Just depends on the mood im in, I pick one to play for my game time that day :)

Completely understand the mood.... You must have been playing for a couple years to reach that many high level toons.

Wait til Mist of Pandoria comes out, than you'll likely have another 5 levels to grind on 10 toons.

Yeah, I used to play WOW alot had a 80 lock, an 80 dk, and a 65 warrior, got sick of running dungeons endlessly for gear only to have them come out with a new version and have to start all over again, haven't been on since Cataclysm came out. It is a fun game but when you look at your time spent stat it makes you realize how much time of your life you've wasted staring at a monitor, but have met some real good friends on it so that's a plus. Now I spend much more time playing with my kids and doing stuff with the wife, everyone is much happier. We still hit PS3 and Xbox once in a while but not much. You know what they say "If momma ain't happy nobody's gonna be happy, and if she is unhappy long enough I'm going to be unhappy with 1/2 my stuff!" :P