Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

CBI.IQ - My live chat with parent hosting company.

Ok, I have been watching the threads about cbi.iq being down. I work professionally as a Network Administrator and on the side I am a Project Manager that leads a development team to develop software for a company.

I did some digging and even had a chat with "ThePlanet.com" which is now merged with "SoftLayer.com" as of 14 months ago. I am surprised to see the site that CBI.IQ selected to host their website with... The hosting comes back to being with SoftLayer.com but under the terms and conditions of a 3rd party partner. Their partner does not have live support for me to dig further. I will have to wait for a reply back from their support team to find out additional information.

Summary of chat(BTW, please don't swamp their support team, trust me)

I will paste the whole chat below but summarize the key points here. As mentioned above, CBI is hosted with a 3rd part provider known as idynamicweb.com. If your like me, you focus on a websites copyright date to determine how involved a company is with updating their site, content, etc... I see that they have a copyright date of 2008... Not a big deal, but far from professional. I was told that the reason they are down could be that CBI did not pay their bill or abused their policy(this can also include web traffic overages, aka, too many visits).

Here is the full transcript:

***I added some fluff to the convo to seem interested in their services to not seem too invasive with CBI questions.***

***I also replaced the techs name to say "sales rep" or "x" incase someone tries to beat a dead cow.***

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you for choosing SoftLayer. A representative will be with you shortly.

You are now chatting with 'Sales Rep'

you: Hello X

Sales Rep: Hello, thank you for contacting SoftLayer. How can I help you today?

you: Is SoftLayer another name for ThePlanet.com?

you: I was redirected here and wanted to see the affiliation.

you: I have hosting questions but was curious about the company name first.

Sales Rep: We merged about 14 months ago

you: Ok, thanks for clearing that up

you: What is the guaranteed SLA for uptime and SLA for maximum downtime?

Sales Rep: The SLA starts on page 5. It is pretty comprehensive.

you: So in a nutshell it is a pretty solid on keeping uptime to a max correct?

Sales Rep: That is correct.

you: Ok, I was wondering because I host multiple companies. I develop software and keep an eye open for reliable hosting companies.

you: I do have one concern though...

you: I like to keep up to date with foreign entities and investments. I see that www.cbi.iq has been down for most of the day. I would imagine the SLA would not allow them to be down so long.

Sales Rep: Is it possible that they didn't pay their bill or did something to trigger an abuse disconnect?

you: The Central Bank of Iraq?

Sales Rep: Those are two things that will keep them down for that long

you: I doubt they would allow that to happen.

Sales Rep: You'd be surprised.

Sales Rep: They are hosted by a customer

you: Could you verify if that is the case or if they decided to switch hosting? That is not personal, it helps put me at ease if I were to look further into SoftLayer.

you: By a customer?

Sales Rep: Yes they are a customer of a customer.

you: So that does not relate directly to softlayer?

Sales Rep: idynamicweb.com

Sales Rep: The customer's website is up and servers are returning pings

Sales Rep: if you ping cbi.iq it is returning pings

you: Yes, it is pinging now, but oddly when I do a tracert it resolves to a domain that is not even registered.

you: The last hop is advicesourcenews.com

Sales Rep: a holding domain/hostname

Sales Rep: that's just the hostname

you: Ok, I see

you: So it could be that they did not pay idynamicweb.com?

Sales Rep: That's likely

you: Since idynamicweb.com is one of your affiliates, that gives them control to cancel for billing or abuse?

you: Without requiring intervention from you?

you: Hello?

Sales Rep: We have about 100,000 servers

Sales Rep: Our large customers are mainly resellers like hostgator.com, site5.com , midphase.com , serverintellect.com, etc

Sales Rep: They resell shared hosting to other people.

you: I see

Sales Rep: They have their own customers.

Sales Rep: We only support our direct customers.

Sales Rep: Think of it like infrastructure as a service.

you: Right, they are acting as the middle tier

you: Would make more sense for a prospect in the know to go to the source.

you: I will look over your services in greater detail and weight out the potential pros/cons(if any).

you: Thanks for your time Austin, I will get in contact if I would like to take this to the next step.

• Upvote 10

Once for a very short time I worked for a hosting company that bought up all the little hosting companies and it was the most slimy industry I ever worked for - Nobody cares - they just care about their 4.97 a month. Iraq needs a better service provider. They could be in the middle of a transfer, who knows, but I am sure it is a hosting issue at this point.

• Upvote 1

Thanks, Perspective!! You knew the questions to ask while most of us on DV had no idea how to follow the website. It's great when different people who are well-schooled in different areas share that knowledge with all the rest of us. I'm always appreciative of those who teach me something I didn't know anything about, but really needed to. :rolleyes:

cdg

• Upvote 1

Thanks. Moral of the Story. Pay your Damn Bills. On Time.

Ok, I have been watching the threads about cbi.iq being down. I work professionally as a Network Administrator and on the side I am a Project Manager that leads a development team to develop software for a company.

I did some digging and even had a chat with "ThePlanet.com" which is now merged with "SoftLayer.com" as of 14 months ago. I am surprised to see the site that CBI.IQ selected to host their website with... The hosting comes back to being with SoftLayer.com but under the terms and conditions of a 3rd party partner. Their partner does not have live support for me to dig further. I will have to wait for a reply back from their support team to find out additional information.

I will paste the whole chat below but summarize the key points here. As mentioned above, CBI is hosted with a 3rd part provider known as idynamicweb.com. If your like me, you focus on a websites copyright date to determine how involved a company is with updating their site, content, etc... I see that they have a copyright date of 2008... Not a big deal, but far from professional. I was told that the reason they are down could be that CBI did not pay their bill or abused their policy(this can also include web traffic overages, aka, too many visits).

***I added some fluff to the convo to seem interested in their services to not seem too invasive with CBI questions.***

***I also replaced the techs name to say "sales rep" or "x" incase someone tries to beat a dead cow.***

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

you: Ok, I was wondering because I host multiple companies. I develop software and keep an eye open for reliable hosting companies.

you: I like to keep up to date with foreign entities and investments. I see that www.cbi.iq has been down for most of the day. I would imagine the SLA would not allow them to be down so long.

Sales Rep: Is it possible that they didn't pay their bill or did something to trigger an abuse disconnect?

you: Could you verify if that is the case or if they decided to switch hosting? That is not personal, it helps put me at ease if I were to look further into SoftLayer.

you: Yes, it is pinging now, but oddly when I do a tracert it resolves to a domain that is not even registered.

you: Since idynamicweb.com is one of your affiliates, that gives them control to cancel for billing or abuse?

Sales Rep: Our large customers are mainly resellers like hostgator.com, site5.com , midphase.com , serverintellect.com, etc

you: I will look over your services in greater detail and weight out the potential pros/cons(if any).

you: Thanks for your time Austin, I will get in contact if I would like to take this to the next step.

SO. Achman Jaboo from CBI Accounting Dept. forgets to pay a bill and all Humans and Bots spin about in a random manner. Crashing in to Walls and Pets. Fluffy will be sadly missed by all. woem.

• Upvote 2

Glad I could help a lot of you with this thread. It's a crazy ride and I will do what I can to help where I can :)

***///

How come every time I see your picture, I wanna fly to Vegas and Pawn something....? <_<

haha, this is one of those rare times I felt I needed to expose I know anything about computer/IT out of work. :)

***///

By jiminy, that's it, you look like that Pawn Star guy!!!

***///

Yup, Rick Harrison. Pawn Stars

My girls love him & thought you were him....

Maybe you can get some side work as his double,

get your SAG card and get busy!

He'd probably hire you to double for him!!!

(just hope nobody's gunnin' for the guy!) :lol:

lol. you are the second one on DV to think we resemble each other.

Never know, I will send in a video resume and say I am his younger brother.

Good research!