Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

***Currency Auction*** 1/22/12, (US$) 200,000,000

billiebobt

Currency Auctions

Announcement No. (2061)

The latest daily currency auction was held in the Central Bank of Iraq on the 22-JAN-2012. The results were as follows:

Details Notes

Number of banks 24

Auction price selling dinar / US$ 1166

Auction price buying dinar / US$ -----

Amount sold at auction price (US$) 200,000,000

Amount purchased at Auction price (US$) -----

Total offers for buying (US$) 200,000,000

Total offers for selling (US$) -----

CBI Auctions

• Upvote 5

Currency Auctions

Announcement No. (2061)

The latest daily currency auction was held in the Central Bank of Iraq on the 22-JAN-2012. The results were as follows:

Details Notes

Number of banks 24

CBI Auctions

Wow, your fast. I was just getting ready to post this when I saw you already had. +1

pp

• Upvote 3

****///

As long as they keep doin' this there's no RV right...?

No, not necessarily, I believe they can RV a minute after any auction happens, no proof that says it can.......no proof that says it can not but you would think they could control the amount buy just closing the auction at a pre determent amount....hope that make since..

• Upvote 2

What i dont understand is why would they be sellein their dinars still for u.s dollars still if according to their articles the. CBi and goi are going to rv soon????"

Because that's what they do as a central bank. There is nothing unusual about this activity. This is activity between the central banks and the commercial banks in Iraq, not between the CBI and people on the street. There is no evidence they are permanently removing IQD from circulation. It says nothing about an RV or an RD.

Exactly $200,000,000 :blink::huh::unsure:

I saw this, so i went back and looked over the past few years and found nothing that was an exact amount like this one is. Makes me believe that they wanted to put that much USD out for the day and cut the auction off at that amount. I have no clue why that amount, but tommorow will tell the tale. Also there was a large number of banks, 24, participating in the auction for a Sunday. Im thinking we are diffently closer than ever to an RV.

Edited by leggman24

they are selling foreign currency in these auctions, not IQD. :)

I'm glad I read down all the way before posting because I was about to say the the same thing.......I gave you a + also for always being on top of things sportfisher..

What i dont understand is why would they be sellein their dinars still for u.s dollars still if according to their articles the. CBi and goi are going to rv soon????"

Because that's what they do as a central bank. There is nothing unusual about this activity. This is activity between the central banks and the commercial banks in Iraq, not between the CBI and people on the street. There is no evidence they are permanently removing IQD from circulation. It says nothing about an RV or an RD.

There's mister personality, did the person you just attacked say any thing about an RV or an RD,,,,like I told you yesterday Bug off....

My bad...he/she did say RV but that's not my point anyway there happy....there is also nothing saying their not removing it...permanently

Edited by Stryker365
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 3

***///

It do and I are now enlightened -- Thanks, I again

live in hope for fear of dyin' in despair...! :P

Gonna show my age ...but your song reminded me of the old Hee Haw shows and the song Gloom, Dispair and Agoney on me.....well when you grow up in the country with 3 channels what do you expect...haha

• Upvote 4

Gonna show my age ...but your song reminded me of the old Hee Haw shows and the song Gloom, Dispair and Agoney on me.....well when you grow up in the country with 3 channels what do you expect...haha

i loved me some buck owens and roy clark................thaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa......and you were gone...............love it............GO DINAR

• Upvote 2

I saw this, so i went back and looked over the past few years and found nothing that was an exact amount like this one is. Makes me believe that they wanted to put that much USD out for the day and cut the auction off at that amount. I have no clue why that amount, but tommorow will tell the tale. Also there was a large number of banks, 24, participating in the auction for a Sunday. Im thinking we are diffently closer than ever to an RV.

I noticed that as well...hopefully not a coinsidence but its almost like they thought hmmmwell we gotta put some kind of number in there..how about $200,000,000. Its just so weird its that even of a number.

I'm glad I read down all the way before posting because I was about to say the the same thing.......I gave you a + also for always being on top of things sportfisher..

There's mister personality, did the person you just attacked say any thing about an RV or an RD,,,,like I told you yesterday Bug off....

My bad...he/she did say RV but that's not my point anyway there happy....there is also nothing saying their not removing it...permanently

Stryker,

Way to stryke! Mr personality doesn't seem to understand that there is no way the CBI is going to take all Dinar OFF the street before an R/V. The CBI must keep some king of circulation on the street so therefore the auctions. The auctions IMO are needed to maintain the dirty float. After an R/V there will be no need for any auctions like this.

they are selling foreign currency in these auctions, not IQD. :)

it looks like the are selling dinar...........not buying........just asking a question.......if they are selling dinar..........could it be they are selling the lower denoms to the banks...........GO DINAR

Currency Auctions

Announcement No. (2061)

Details Notes

Number of banks 24

Read more:

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1