Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

**Could this be a possible trigger to the RV??**

easyrider

THURSDAY, JANUARY 19, 2012

Finance Committee decided that the parliamentary budget will be passed not exceeding one month 2012 ...

<a href="http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-bRn8obov3s8/TxhZHQ0Q5BI/AAAAAAAAbCQ/HWRj6b03NGE/s1600/iraq_finance_ministry_of_finance_logo.jpg" target="_blank" style="color: rgb(18, 42, 63); text-decoration: none; ">iraq_finance_ministry_of_finance_logo.jpgJanuary 19, 2012

Finance Committee decided that the parliamentary budget will be passed not exceeding one month 2012

Announced the parliamentary Finance Committee on Wednesday, that approving the budget in 2012 by the House will be within a period not exceeding one month, indicating that the House does not intend to re-draft budget to the government.

A member of the Committee Ahmad electrodes that "the parliament's approval of the budget in 2012 will not be delayed much may take a period not exceeding one month from now."

The government has adopted in its emergency meeting on the fifth of last month's budget in 2012 which amount to 100 billion dollars (about 117 trillion Iraqi dinars) and a deficit of up to $ 13.5 billion (about 17 trillion dinars).

The budget is the largest in the history of Iraq's annual budget and through the government seeks to stimulate the investment side.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I am not sure about a trigger, the budget is one component of a package containing an RV. I think it is interesting that they are saying, basically, that the budget will not be revised, so it is agreed upon, but will be approved within a month. Why wait? IMHO it is not the budget, but something else that they are waiting on, and would indicate to me that all of this is coming down in a landslide. Everything will be announced at once, as Sansoucci has been saying. So, I think we are awaiting a large Fedex package that has everything in it - special delivery.

This will help the RV as will electronic banking & debit cards. CBI is attempting to get Iraqis off of just dealing in cash only & using banking services such as credit cards, e-banking transfers & cheques.

The Bill to watch is the erasure of debts. This may be key to the RV. Under this Bill, private Iraqi debts & business will be written off excluding int'l debts paid in foreign currencies. When this happens, RV will be imminent. This is one of the last remaining obstacles holding up RV.

Chapter 7 is a done deal or is agreed on in principle. The right time to announce it is the only holdup. Kuwait & UAE just agreed not to hold up C7.

honestly everyone i was getting a little worried with them delaying one of their largest budgets in their history and i was starting to wonder if they had no brain at all LOL to let this one slip away but thank God they will not let this go into the middle of the year to me this is really good news and tells us that parliament wants this done ASAP!!

Thanks easy, I also believe they are getting pressure from the IMF to get this done. Even the IMF appears to need money. They owe the IMF over 12,000,000 SDR in payments this year alone. That's over 18M USD. 12.02 SDR M is interest. Unless I'm wrong it looks like they are just paying interest on the money the IMF has loaned them.

http://www.imf.org/external/np/fin/tad/exfin2.aspx?memberKey1=460&date1key=2012-01-21

http://www.imf.org/external/np/fin/tad/extforth.aspx?memberkey1=460&date1key=2011-12-31&category=forth&year=2011&trxtype=repchg&overforth=f&schedule=exp&extend=y

As I give credit to the GKeepers team what if this was already taken care of? I agree w/them in stating that the emergency meeting the other day had to have been worth more than what we were told. MHO, Maliki screws up too much and there's lead in his head.

This will help the RV as will electronic banking & debit cards. CBI is attempting to get Iraqis off of just dealing in cash only & using banking services such as credit cards, e-banking transfers & cheques.

The Bill to watch is the erasure of debts. This may be key to the RV. Under this Bill, private Iraqi debts & business will be written off excluding int'l debts paid in foreign currencies. When this happens, RV will be imminent. This is one of the last remaining obstacles holding up RV.

Chapter 7 is a done deal or is agreed on in principle. The right time to announce it is the only holdup. Kuwait & UAE just agreed not to hold up C7.

Let us not forget the implementation of the tax and tariff laws. Too much $$$ would be lost w/o it's implementation!

Thanks easy... good find! wink.gif

Got just one thing to say (hope ya'll don't get tired of me saying it)... "COME ON BOYZ.... GIT-R-DUN!!!biggrin.gif (sorry.... I was in a shouting mood today!blush.gif )

GO RV Already Baby!!!cool.gif ... I'm ready for a party.... anyone else??? emot-woot.gif

And again ... I have to give out invisible +1's today rolleyes.gif

Edited by RodandStaff

Does anyone have the numbers from their 2011 budget and the difference in their 2012? Do we even know how much their 2012 budget is?

I can be hopeful if their is a noticable landslide change for 2012. I understand their are many changes coming and some already implemented. It's just hard wanting to believe in this happening soon given the year end 2013 news the other day.

Thanks guys.

I am not sure about a trigger, the budget is one component of a package containing an RV. I think it is interesting that they are saying, basically, that the budget will not be revised, so it is agreed upon, but will be approved within a month. Why wait? IMHO it is not the budget, but something else that they are waiting on, and would indicate to me that all of this is coming down in a landslide. Everything will be announced at once, as Sansoucci has been saying. So, I think we are awaiting a large Fedex package that has everything in it - special delivery.

I truly think you may be correct in this idea. One package, ALL done! Now let's get it done!

I am guessing they could stimulate their economy by making their currency worth something outside of its borders.

In the immortal words of Tone Loc... "Let's Do it."

I love Tone Loc! Thanks for posting easy...I too feel like everything will come together by next month. I just read that Kuwait will be re-opening their embassy in Baghdad next month also, that right there tells me ch 7 is a done deal soon....exciting times!!

Thanks for posting Easy! This is really exciting. It's really about to happen!

Imaginary plusses to all of you.

Here's Clive Owen. He got an Oscar nod for Closer but did not win the award. He won a Golden Globe for it though. Have a great day everyone.

Clive Owen is HAWTT!! Imaginary plus for you too!!