Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

On Jan.18 I got very close to dying

umbertino

2 days ago... I was driving my car out of my city ad I was taking back home my ex-wife who lives in a small village just a few miles from the city... I was at one point talking to her relaxedly and going at a normal ( low) speed and was on a side road which acted as a ramp to get me into the main road which had a lot of traffic that day.....

All of a sudden .... I lost control of the car... I had touched a slight ( which I hadn't seen to begin with) ice surface on this little road I was on, not very far from entering the main road which was at my left side anyway...

I started swirling a couple of times and I got into panic because I understood I was nomore in control of the vehicle ( very bad feeling, I tell you).. While car was swirling I was scared but still not so scared..

I got very scared when realized I was moving towards the left where the big main road was and where I could see in the mirror a HUGE load of car and truck traffic coming my way .. There was only a short strip of grass separating the side ramp road I was on from the main road and I kept going in that direction..

I thought ( I swear)... " Ok , I'm about to die now... Too bad".... I could hear the cars and trucks on the main road honking at me.. If I wasn't going to die I ( and my ex wife) was going very likely to have very serious injuries and even get paralyzed.. But seeing the huge traffic flow.. Death was the most probable outcome..

I went over the grass strip separating the small ramp road from the main road... I thought it was over....I was hearing the sound of all those cars and truck honking like crazy....

Then...My car , magically stopped going over toward the main road and the traffic flow... Changed direction ( I was of course trying to do something moving the steering wheel and pulling brakes like crazy but I simply wasn't in control of the vehicle period... I was in total panic)... My car started moving on the right to the inside of the small side road again and going toward the rocks on the other side of the small road and I was still unable to control it..

So by now I thought... " Ok maybe we're not going to die but I'll smash against those rocks and we will still hurt ourselves and car will be destroyed ( which was better compared to the other scenario, of course)...

When I was maybe 2 or 3 centimeters away from the rocks .... The car simply stopped.......I was still in total panic...But safe ( and my ex-wife too).

I really believe that my beloved parents ( both passed away yars ago) really helped me / us...... I felt and feel a lot of gratitude....It was really intense to see how... not in a hour, not in a few minutes but basically in a nano-second my life, my destiny ( and ex-wife's) could have changed towards the inevitable...

I'll try to use my time better from now on because Time is precious indeed and NOTHING can be taken for granted... ever..

I knew all that already but what happened 2 days ago was a reminder.......

Wanted to share this...

• Upvote 1

So glad you are okay. There have been times I should have been killed while driving ( I am a truck driver and drive for a living ) but by the Grace of God I have survived these close calls. It will definitely shake you up and give you something to think about....God is Good. :)

So glad you are okay. There have been times I should have been killed while driving ( I am a truck driver and drive for a living ) but by the Grace of God I have survived these close calls. It will definitely shake you up and give you something to think about....God is Good. :)

Thank you my Friend... Your words are appreciated.

There has been a few times that I should have been gone. And, yes, it does make you think.

I agree and thanks for your comment.. For me there have been a few times before ( one caused various unremovable injuries in my body) but I don't recall a fear feeling so strong like this time....

I think its safe to say many have had close calls or brushes with death i know i have as well. I am glad you are ok Umbertino. Yes, many close calls make you think about life in general and how in a blink of an eye we can be here one minute and be gone the next it can happen that fast. Remember God chooses when you go no one else if its meant to be and in his will then theres no stopping it trust in the lord and youll be ok hes with you always even unto death thats how we beat it with Jesus christ and i truly believe that.

I think its safe to say many have had close calls or brushes with death i know i have as well. I am glad you are ok Umbertino. Yes, many close calls make you think about life in general and how in a blink of an eye we can be here one minute and be gone the next it can happen that fast. Remember God chooses when you go no one else if its meant to be and in his will then theres no stopping it trust in the lord and youll be ok hes with you always even unto death thats how we beat it with Jesus christ and i truly believe that.

Thank you my Friend........

Praise God, you and your ex-wife are safe! It just wasn't your time, yet, Umbertino! I, for one, am very glad, you are alive and well! I would have been devasted to hear of anything worst. Sometimes, when these near-miss tragedies happen, I think, that God sends a message to us...kind of a parallel meaning of sorts...whatever you are doing or considering to do may require you to "take it slow and put on the brakes...don't jump into anything, hastily". Perhaps, you have something in the works that requires your deep thought and meditation and God is simply trying to get your attention. Perhaps it's a decision, that God feels may be one that is unwisely made. So, think about any major decisions you are making at present and reconsider. You are special and loved, Umbertino!

• Downvote 1

Praise God, you and your ex-wife are safe! It just wasn't your time, yet, Umbertino! I, for one, am very glad, you are alive and well! I would have been devasted to hear of anything worst. Sometimes, when these near-miss tragedies happen, I think, that God sends a message to us...kind of a parallel meaning of sorts...whatever you are doing or considering to do may require you to "take it slow and put on the brakes...don't jump into anything, hastily". Perhaps, you have something in the works that requires your deep thought and meditation and God is simply trying to get your attention. Perhaps it's a decision, that God feels may be one that is unwisely made. So, think about any major decisions you are making at present and reconsider. You are special and loved, Umbertino!

Thank you for your kind words... My good sweet Friend.....I will reflect on what you wrote.

But for the Grace of God...

He really seems to know when we need a wake up call. It's usually when we're so preoccupied with "Life" that we can't think beyond the next few moments of our lives. I've found it happens when I have too much on my plate. I think it's His way of telling me, "Slow down and enjoy the life you've been given".

Very glad you survived your "wake up call". Carry on, my friend and live life with more INTENTION and AWARENESS.

We can get so caught up in the day to day living, that we stray away from what we are intended to do and need a "reminder" or a "second chance" to figure it all out to get back on track. Your guardian angels were riding with you that's for sure.....but man, can't they send an email or a text? Do we really don't need anymore reasons to wear depends?...... Sure don't want anymore grey hair!!!!

Seriously, glad you're o.k, and wishing you all the best in finding the reason for your new outlook on life.........

God Bless,

Rope

But for the Grace of God...

He really seems to know when we need a wake up call. It's usually when we're so preoccupied with "Life" that we can't think beyond the next few moments of our lives. I've found it happens when I have too much on my plate. I think it's His way of telling me, "Slow down and enjoy the life you've been given".

Very glad you survived your "wake up call". Carry on, my friend and live life with more INTENTION and AWARENESS.

Thank you my Friend... I'll honestly try and do that....There are various things happening in this period of my Life.....

We can get so caught up in the day to day living, that we stray away from what we are intended to do and need a "reminder" or a "second chance" to figure it all out to get back on track. Your guardian angels were riding with you that's for sure.....but man, can't they send an email or a text? Do we really don't need anymore reasons to wear depends?...... Sure don't want anymore grey hair!!!!

Seriously, glad you're o.k, and wishing you all the best in finding the reason for your new outlook on life.........

God Bless,

Rope

LOL....Thanks my Friend for the Humor......And agreed on what you said....

About the grey hair part... No such a problem as I'm hopelessly bald.....

Edited by umbertino

Umbertino, my friend, I truely thank the Lord for your safety. There is something for you to take from this and since you shared, for us to take from this also. Life is short and there is a time for everything but it wasn't your time to leave here, thankfully! You are always in my thoughts and I appreciate you sharing this.

umbertino, thank you for sharing your story with us. I found my heart beating faster and harder as I

read further into it. I am very thankful to God that you and your ex wife are now safe. YOU bring A LOT to

this site and the DV family with all of your posts and music. Thank you :D Veronica