Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Would like some input

Recently I noticed where the Iraqi parliment has approved the spending of 2 Billion dinars to go towards housing projects. My thoughts on this is that, at the current value 2 billion dinars equals roughly 2 Million USD! Correct? thats not going to do squat for housing. 2 million USD for housing projects????? That might house maybe 50 iraqi's by the time they build the buildings?

Even if my math is wrong and its 20 million USD that is still just barely scratching the surface for housing for the country of Iraq. By seeing this it gets me excited that if this is in the budget and has been approved why in the world would you not RV your currency and get 1,000.00% bang for your buck? or had the RV occured and nobody outside the country can cash in?

Articles like that make me really go hmm and wonder if we are really getting closer.

I found the article on NINA news agency's web site

YOUR THOUGHTS

Adam has recently been talking about the 2012 Budget... the one on the table for all to see, and the one under the table with the adjusted value of the dinar. I think things could change rather quickly and then they would have plenty to build with for their citizens. wink.gif

They can't keep putting it off. Folks without electricity can get pretty cranky when it's 120 degrees outside! emot-shakehead.gif

Time to git-r-dun boyz!!!biggrin.gif

GO RV Already Baby!!!cool.gif

(sorry... my plus slinging gun is all out today or I would shoot one at you)sad.gif

Edited by RodandStaff

uncs, overall I agree with you. 2B Dinars pretty much ain't squat when you're talking about it being spread all over their country.

On the other hand, what does it cost to construct a building in Tokyo or London or Paris or New York City or Dubai vs a building in Po-Dunk (also known as Redneckville), Georgia. There are huge differences in the costs of construction. I don't know, but I'm thinking that labor and materials costs in the outskirts of Baghdad might be a little bit less... Just sayin.

Mayor, Fire Chief and Official Dog Catcher of Redneckville, GA

We rassle them 'gators, too!

Recently I noticed where the Iraqi parliment has approved the spending of 2 Billion dinars to go towards housing projects. My thoughts on this is that, at the current value 2 billion dinars equals roughly 2 Million USD! Correct? thats not going to do squat for housing. 2 million USD for housing projects????? That might house maybe 50 iraqi's by the time they build the buildings?

YOUR THOUGHTS

***///

Some of the places I've served could've built a whole village for 2million.

And the labour costs aren't there because, given the materials, these folks help themselves & one another to get it done.

Desperate times call for desperate measures.

If this is housing for their indigent, (unlike our 'indigent' here) these folks'll just be glad to have 4 wallls n' a roof w/ a community bath, which is not uncommon - doubt the cost of fancy floors or a/c figured in THAT budget...

Also, If they can manage to drop the materials on site, it'll mean the local dignitaries can't help themselves to any of the 2million 'cash' ( a VERY common practice BTW)

- that, too, is a big help in making sure ALL the funds go TO the project.....JMO...