Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

READ!!!...Iraq Dinar...Went from Fixed to Floating Exchange...

there are some excellent points being made however if I might inject a simple thought....( I wished I had worded that differently) oh well we can't all be brilliant...I going to change that to a simple question....Who is right and who is wrong????....it ain't gonna be both ways folks....

+1

It's not a technicality, unless you plan to change the definition of a floating currency.

Not arguing with your theory about the technicality of what you said, however, my curiosity has the betterment of me. You have been accused of being a Lopster, and several other things others have said, So I guess the ultimate question that myself and probably others want to know is (and I preface it with the fact that no-one really knows) is what you think is going on, or more specifically, where do you think the dinar will be 1 month from now, 1 year from now, and 5 years from now, relative to the USD?

• Upvote 1

I invest for the long haul. I think over the next decade (and it is, of course, speculation) that Iraq will become stable, that its natural resources will benefit the country, and the currency will become more valuable. I'm hoping for a 20 percent to 30 percent return over that period. I believe Iraq to be a good investment, but they have a long way to go. It's extremely interesting watching the struggles within the country and will be interesting watching them resolve their problems and prosper. But it's not as interesting to watch their growth without some skin in the game, which is why I buy currencies.

after 3 years at no change, any change makes me feel the CBI site is alive.

I use fxstreet live,

http://www.fxstreet.com/rates-charts/currency-rates/?id=usdollar7%3busdaed%3busdbhd%3busdils%3busdirr%3busdkwd%3busdlbp%3busdsar%3busdiqd%3busdyer%3busdpkr%3busdtry

it runs 24/7 and the time shown is GMT. Have been watching it for over a month and the IRD has been sell/buy from 1165 to 1169 per 1USD. it stops every night at 2305 GMT till next day. If you click on "select currency" above chart you can change it to watch the VND

it runs 24/7 and the time shown is GMT. Have been watching it for over a month and the IRD has been sell/buy from 1165 to 1169 per 1USD. it stops every night at 2305 GMT till next day.

I have been checking forex and cbi for more than a year and it is like watching a toilet seat ... up, down, up, down, up, down ... you get the picture.

This is NOT change in rate. It is some kind of safety device or something. But certainly is not something that is going to make you any money on currency you hold. Nowhere near it. Keep watching ... ignore the constant up and down ... get excited when it is up, up, up, up. , you get the idea.

:)

smee2

• Upvote 2

I would like to thank 20Million and UnitedRich for the information they provided. I learned a lot, and I also learned I am becoming a geek because I found the info very interesting. Thanks ,I think!

There may be more that have added good info, but I have not read the whole thread yet. My reading time has been cut down enormously though, ever since I put lotsofdinar on Ignore. What a wonderful tool. You guys should try it. B)

I would like to thank 20Million and UnitedRich for the information they provided. I learned a lot, and I also learned I am becoming a geek because I found the info very interesting. Thanks ,I think!

There may be more that have added good info, but I have not read the whole thread yet. My reading time has been cut down enormously though, ever since I put lotsofdinar on Ignore. What a wonderful tool. You guys should try it. B)

Who....................... :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

What she said!!

• Upvote 1

it runs 24/7 and the time shown is GMT. Have been watching it for over a month and the IRD has been sell/buy from 1165 to 1169 per 1USD. it stops every night at 2305 GMT till next day.

I have been checking forex and cbi for more than a year and it is like watching a toilet seat ... up, down, up, down, up, down ... you get the picture.

This is NOT change in rate. It is some kind of safety device or something. But certainly is not something that is going to make you any money on currency you hold. Nowhere near it. Keep watching ... ignore the constant up and down ... get excited when it is up, up, up, up. , you get the idea.

smee2

+1

smee2

Smee2, at 67 I only get excited in the mornings and I'm still breathing....Had my IRD/VND for over 2 years. what I think the fxstreet site is showing is movment in the CBI autions sells????.

Unitedrich, how's it going brother? Looking pretty good after today's news huh?

Jeff

:P;);) Yes Jeff, It is definitely looking up, I feel we are near the apex, just need a couple of more things to be completed in my opinion. One of those being the draft law to insure that any loans taken out prior to any revaluation are systematically programmed to be converted to the new rate, because I feel that the average Iraqi who may be a debtor may not fully understand what position that will put him in, having a 25k note in his left hand and a 25 note in his right hand, so that is supposedly being addressed right now, but we shall see how fast it is addressed. Rich

• Upvote 1

CARELLO:I would like to thank 20Million and UnitedRich for the information they provided. I learned a lot, and I also learned I am becoming a geek because I found the info very interesting. Thanks ,I think!

There may be more that have added good info, but I have not read the whole thread yet. My reading time has been cut down enormously though, ever since I put lotsofdinar on Ignore. What a wonderful tool. You guys should try it

bamagirl What she said

^ WHAT ^ THEY ^ SAID! ^

• Upvote 3

:P;);) Yes Jeff, It is definitely looking up, I feel we are near the apex, just need a couple of more things to be completed in my opinion. One of those being the draft law to insure that any loans taken out prior to any revaluation are systematically programmed to be converted to the new rate, because I feel that the average Iraqi who may be a debtor may not fully understand what position that will put him in, having a 25k note in his left hand and a 25 note in his right hand, so that is supposedly being addressed right now, but we shall see how fast it is addressed. Rich

Thanks, Richard,

Take care, and say hi to the Family for me!!

• Upvote 1