Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Adam's Official Chat 1/18/12

kcw

[kcw] Greedisgood You have mentioned before that you believe the IQD will be somehow tied to the USD ? Why would (they do this rather than stay away from the USD?)

[Adam Montana] another good question!

[Adam Montana] from what I know and have heard from people both at banks in Iraq, government positions, and more - they are completely prepared to release new denominations

[Adam Montana] however.... they can't possibly have those new denominations waiting at all the banks in Iraq ahead of time

[Adam Montana] it would be a huge tip off when the word got out, and cause a major run on dinar, which would cripple the CBIs ability to manage the rate after the RV is announced

[Adam Montana] basically, it could ruin everything

[Adam Montana] there are a lot of reasons to tie the value to the USD, but this one is one of the biggest

[Adam Montana] if they RV at exactly 1:1, they can use USD to make change while the lower IQD denoms are being brought out

[Adam Montana] this allows the CBI to avoid that rush to buy IQD before the RV is announced

[Adam Montana] and basically gives them more control over the situation

[Adam Montana] obviously they would want to get the USD back OUT of circulation as quick as possible

[Adam Montana] but it makes sense to use the USD as a TOOL to help logistically

[Adam Montana] hope that helps

[Adam Montana] next please!

Thanks Adam, great word picture :D

• Upvote 1

I only got into this a few weeks ago. At .10 I certainly won't get rich, but, it will definately get me more than I invested. I hope it will be more more so I can help my kids, but.......... I would rather know that the rate can be as low as .10 and be nicely surprised if it were more, than to think it was going to be $3+++ and find out it was only .10. Keeps me grounded and not about to spend another cent on Dinar.

Edited by Fayzer
  • Upvote 1

RodandStaff, I read your comment the other day about having a teenager who constantly asks about the RV and is disappointed each time when it hasn't happened. He probably has big plans for post-RV, just like all of us do. But I'm sure this makes the wait even harder for you. LOL All we can say is, "KIds!!" I have a 46-year-old daughter who does the same thing. haha She won't read any of the information, not even Adam's posts, but her disappointment is palpable each time I have to answer her by telling her it hasn't happened yet. So in some ways, their different ages change nothing. For us parents, the answer is still . . . "Kids!!" haha

You got that right Francie... in fact most of my friends who have older children (20+yrs. old) warm me it doesn't get any easier with age. From my experience so far it's true... it's really gonna take the grace of God for them to get to be mature, healthy, responsible adults... without me pulling all my hair out (come to think of it... I don't have much left ohmy.gif ), or... well... you know the rest of the story! rolleyes.gif Yup, kids... they will make your day, and sometimes break your heart, but they are a blessing I wouldn't live without. wink.gif

Edited by RodandStaff

The only part I don't understand is this idea (that has rather been accepted as certainty on this site) that the CBI is going to say one thing and do another. Anybody asked, "What if they do as they say?". As far as this dinar thing being a secret and not wanting to tip off others, I think it is a little late, it's all over the internet. Anybody believing they are in on the biggest secret in the world is fooling themselves.

• Upvote 1

The only part I don't understand is this idea (that has rather been accepted as certainty on this site) that the CBI is going to say one thing and do another. Anybody asked, "What if they do as they say?". As far as this dinar thing being a secret and not wanting to tip off others, I think it is a little late, it's all over the internet. Anybody believing they are in on the biggest secret in the world is fooling themselves.

There's lots of stuff on the internet, and billions of people have access.

That doesn't mean billions of people have read every article on the internet.

Similarly, billions of people have access to this chat on DV.

That doesn't mean billions of people have read it.

typhoid, you seem to be a naysayer... that's cool. I respect your opinion. But if you walked in my church on sunday when I was worshipping, and started disagreeing with everyone in the room... I would be very offended. It would be inappropriate, just like the last few posts you were warned about on this site.

Please think twice before being negative in my chat threads again, thank you. I stated very clearly that this isn't a guarantee.

:tiphat:

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

There's lots of stuff on the internet, and billions of people have access.

That doesn't mean billions of people have read every article on the internet.

Similarly, billions of people have access to this chat on DV.

That doesn't mean billions of people have read it.

typhoid, you seem to be a naysayer... that's cool. I respect your opinion. But if you walked in my church on sunday when I was worshipping, and started disagreeing with everyone in the room... I would be very offended. It would be inappropriate, just like the last few posts you were warned about on this site.

Please think twice before being negative in my chat threads again, thank you. I stated very clearly that this isn't a guarantee.

:tiphat:

Certainly would never walk into someone's church and disagree with them... that's just blasphemy. Just asking why we believe the CBI will not do as they say? Not a naysayer and don't mean to come off negative, but beginning to lose hope after years and years of "we're close" talk. I will say the reason I stay on your site is you are the one realist I have followed in this investment.

• Upvote 1

I have this idea about the rate. I have no proof, just an idea.

America and Iraq signed a SOFA, or Status of Forces Agreement, before America withdrew it's troops. Part of this agreement is not available for the public to know what is in there.

But we do know this: If Iraq is attacked , (say by Iran), then America is legally obligated to come to Iraq's military assistance, if they ask.

Do you think America made this promise, without a price attached? I don't.

In neighboring Iran, one of the things that pissed off the American government most over the past decade, is that Iran wanted to trade it's oil in Euros, not American dollars.

This is a big no no, in a world where is America's No. 1 military and economic power. You see, the value of the dollar is directly tied to worldwide demand. There is a lot of demand for the dollar because people feel safe, buying dollars. They feel safe because America has the world's biggest economy, and military. In Osama bin Laden terms, America is 'the strong horse'.

If there were a lot less demand for dollars this would have a grave effect on the American economy, any economist will tell you. The American standard of living would be sharply affected by a weak dollar.

America is currently conducting Economic Warfare on Iran, right in public. You might have noticed on the news, that Iran is subject to all kinds of financial limits put on it by America and allies. This has meant the Iranian currency has devalued by 30%. This is placing great stress on the Iranian regime. I have no doubt that the timing of sanctions on Iran were planned out years ago, to coincide with American troops pulling out of Iraq. American war planners knew that when American troops left Iraq, Iran would be right next door and could put its influence on Iran and interfere with American plans for a prosperous and democratic Iraq.

So the crippling sanctions on Iran were obviously planned years ago. War planners knew that when America left Iraq, that it would take at least a decade for Iraq to get strong enough to stand up to Iran, militarily.

So, in planning ahead, what would YOU do? I would plan ahead, to put sanctions in place to weaken Iran, to give Iraq a fighting chance.

And that is exactly what happened, isn't it?

By weakening Iran at this critical time, Iraq will stand more of a chance to succeed.

It's kind of like gardening, where you plant a fresh plant, and make sure you put poison on a weed.

I wouldn't be surprised if there were more coming, like a carpet bombing of Iranian military and nuclear facilities.

Anyhow, when the SOFA was signed, Iraq was quite weak. Their government knew they would be vulnerable to outside military influence for a long time after America left. They asked for American protection.

Did America agree to protect Iraq for no price? I doubt it.

.....you might argue, against this, that America paid the entire cost of the war in Iraq, and getting Saddam out, and don't appear to be compensated for that....to which I say: Iraq will soon be pumping out oil, which is critical to the world economy. More oil than Saudi Arabia. This will stabilize oil costs worldwide. Since America consumes about 25% of the world's crude oil, America will gain economically from lower oil prices....I could write 1,000 words just on that....lol

Anyhow, here's my theory: America and Iraq signed a SOFA, and a secret part of that deal was that all Iraqi oil in the future must be traded in American dollars, and that a specific peg was put in place, years ago, probably 1:1 between the American dollar, and the Iraqi Dinar. This would increase demand for American dollars worldwide.

Guess we'll find out eventually if I'm right.

Edited by Rochester
  • Upvote 3

Iran could surely see some of this coming, and their recent fierce cage rattling (threats about a nuclear weapon, threats about the Strait of Hormus [sp], etc.) tells us they are quite scared. They don't know what the US will do next, but whatever it is, it won't be good for them, and they know it. So they strut and posture, making huge demands and threats, but it is all for nothing. They know they can't do what they really want, which is to rush into the vacumn created when we pulled out of Iraq and pull Iraq back into their quagmire. They must feel frightened after the past ten or so years of watching Iraq turn into a country that could threaten their religious hatred, violence, and control, as would naturally a full-fledged democratic nation right next door.

I am reminded of the analogy of the crawdads in a bucket, and when one of them attempts to crawl out over the bucket-rim, the others reach up and pull him back down. Those countries in the middle-east have been doing that to each other for centuries, and the only way for the entire area to eventually be able to break that cycle was for a huge intervention to occur. The US was that intervention. Now we will watch and see if they can keep what they have been given. Of course, we should stand guard over Iraq for some time, until they can get their sea-legs under them and can stand sturdily as a nation. But that won't take long once Maliki's choke-hold on the government is broken. And I think he will be out soon because he still thinks like a tribesman, not like a citizen, and the WTO, the UN, et al, will not tolerate that much longer. Neither will Shabibi, for that matter. haha

• Upvote 1

Iran can strut. The US went into Kuwait Not to save Kuwait.

In any case, no one seems to be mentioning that neocon factions have had a hand in this. Thus by default there may be something suspect about the whole thing. I read this stuff...

As for me, I do wonder how all the "bail outs" might effect things here. I ask as the Amounts are Way over as to what mainstream media claims. I'm talking Ludicrous figures. Then there's the issue of the stolen and stashed gold (From China actually) and what may develop from this.

There's the idea supposed agenda of a cashless society, along with their rfid chips etc. In light of all this I find it hard to fathom how some new currency can take center stage as it were. And are we talking about Sovereign nations... within a world order? There are factions saying something like, "Silly Iraqis (etc), oil is for US".

Mark

BTW, a question I wish I'd asked Adam--I know Adam thinks the RV will come out at a dime, based on the fact that Shabibi would then be able to make a lot more money with the dinar with a series of increases in value over time. Adam says this makes sense to him because he is also a businessman. I have no doubt that Adam is right as far as this goes, but I am curious if Shabibi may be more concerned about other things than the profit that could come from a slow growth in the dinar. I'm thinking about the many businesses that could be created, the jobs that would result from it, and the country growing quicker into a world-sized dynamo if the dinar came out initially at a higher rate. Any ideas on this? :)

"The US went into Kuwait Not to save Kuwait." Ya' think??? Hmmmm . . .

Can't edit so redundant post. No I don't think, I read that. The Actual Truth could be something none of us have considered. But this issue that the more (powerful) selfish interests have a hand in this can't be good. I read the whole dinar thing is a ploy of some sort. This has only come out in the past year or so.