Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

CBI Update

Gooserider67

This is truly a first the CBI updated an hour early this morning and the program rate has changed from 1170 to 1166 this is very very good news. sorry but this is the best that I could do as far as print screen. this was copied straight from www.cbi.iq... Mods move if needed...

Home English

Contact عربي

INFORMATION ABOUT

The CBI

History

Monetary Policy

Payment Systems

Banknotes & Coins

Laws & Regulations

Iraqi & Foreign Financial Institutions

International Financial Institutions

Careers

RESOURCES

Government Debt

Currency Auctions

CBI Auctions

MOF Auctions

Financial Statements

Statistics

Publications

News & Announcements

WELCOME TO THE CENTRAL BANK OF IRAQ

What are you looking for?

Statistics

Iraqi & Foreign Financial Institutions

Anti-Money Laundering (AML)

Financial Statements

Laws & Regulations

Government Debt

Careers

Contact us

NEWS & ANNOUNCEMENTS

Updates

Iraq Retail Payment Systems Infrastructure

5/12/2011

Direct Invitation No. (6D/2011)

25/10/2011

Republic of Iraq Financial Sector Review

24/9/2011

All News & Announcements

Currency Auctions

CBI Auctions

MOF Auctions

MANDATE

The primary objectives of the Central Bank of Iraq (CBI) is to ensure domestic price stability and foster a stable competitive market based financial system. The CBI shall also promote sustainable growth, employment and prosperity in Iraq.

Read more - History

CURRENCY CODE SELL BUY

US dollar USD 1166.000 1164.000

Euro EUR 1491.314 1490.568

British pound GBP 1792.375 1791.479

Canadian dollar CAD 1150.809 1150.234

Swiss franc CHF 1231.257 1230.641

Swedish krona SEK 168.184 168.099

Norwegian krone NOK 194.599 194.502

Danish krone DKK 200.571 200.471

Japanese yen JPY 15.176 15.169

Special

Drawing Rights SDR 1782.079 1781.188

Indicative rates - 18.01.2012

ECONOMIC DATA

Interest rates

CBI policy rate (valid from 1 Apr 2010) 6%

IQD 7 day deposit 4%

Primary credit facility 8%

Economic indicators

Core inflation (YoY): Dec 2011 6.97%

Inflation (YoY): Dec 2011 6.02%

M2 growth (YoY): Oct 2011 17.2%

For 2011F:

GDP - real growth rate 9.6%

Budget deficit/GDP 13.7%

Current account deficit/GDP 0.9%

Net foreign reserves $60B

BANKNOTES & COINS

Copyright © 2012. Central Bank of Iraq. All rights reserved. Please read important disclaimer.

• Upvote 4

Already posted about 9 am this morning GooseRider.... and was up last night actually.... And I sure do understand the excitement.... Was hoping it moved even more in the last 12hours.....

Thanks for keeping watch....hopefully will zoom upward and onward soon.... :)

IMF programmed rate was set at 1170 IQD:1 USD. They may have allowed it to float AGAIN today. The IMF set the Rate beginning Jan. 18/2009 - it has not deviated from that rate on the CBI site since that date.

INTERESTING HOW CLOSE THE DATES ARE - JAN 17/18

If it is the new programmed rate. Nothing. If the IQD has been cut free FROM THE IMF Program rate - HUGE.

Next few days will tell the Story.

Patient Humans Always Win.

Read more:

• Upvote 1

Damn thought I was doing my do diligents.. I wasn't up late last night like I will be for the next couple but hopefully It will begin to move in our favor...I checked the Emirates NBD bank currency exchange rate board and saw the IQD buying @ 1184.83 and selling @ 1158.35 to the USD... so things are happening...GO RV...

I think the IQD is just reflecting changes in the USD. Is this really significant?

I believe it to be significant because the CBI rate has been locked for a couple of years I think. The IQD has floated against the USD on forex, netdana, and other currency exchange sites... but to see the CBI amount finally move is beginning to get me a little excited again :D

• Upvote 3

I think the IQD is just reflecting changes in the USD. Is this really significant?

Normaly it is a float and caused buy the USD adjustment... But also, all the times it floated up and down..it never once changed on the CBI site.... YES....this is signig!!!!!!GO RV!!!~~~

• Upvote 1

Damn thought I was doing my do diligents.. I wasn't up late last night like I will be for the next couple but hopefully It will begin to move in our favor...I checked the Emirates NBD bank currency exchange rate board and saw the IQD buying @ 1184.83 and selling @ 1158.35 to the USD... so things are happening...GO RV...

***///

Good one, Goose!

And I appreciate that you'll be standing watch for me whilst I'm curled up

snug as a bug cradling my shoebox full o' dinars!

Luv you, man! :D

• Upvote 1

I could have shown IQD RV'ed on title but that would not have been fun.

keeping it real.

we must be moving forward.

Now every time cbi is'nt updated we will all be waiting for the next new rate.

keep the faith all

I agree, and also think this is HUGE!!! Been watching CBI for over a year, and have never seen a change. Happy Happy Joy Joy :D:D:lol::lol:

PS. +1 to ya for keepin it real

Edited by teedoffed
  • Upvote 1

the reason for the small change in my opinion is because the U.S dollar is flooding the iraqi markets right now and its putting the dinar stability in jeopardy. This is just temperary folks nothing to be concerned about to counter what is going on with the recent action with the U.s dollar nothing more. Of course we wil all know the true rate when they actually implement the new budget.

What are the chances that this new "change" will be all there is???? Is that possible???

possible but not likely this rate wouldnt go well with their biggest budget in iraq's history.

• Upvote 1

the reason for the small change in my opinion is because the U.S dollar is flooding the iraqi markets right now and its putting the dinar stability in jeopardy. This is just temperary folks nothing to be concerned about to counter what is going on with the recent action with the U.s dollar nothing more. Of course we wil all know the true rate when they actually implement the new budget.

possible but not likely this rate wouldnt go well with their biggest budget in iraq's history.

AWWWW here I am, heart beating faster as I read everyones excited exchange about what this could mean, then I read your reasonable explanation. :angry: I don't want reasonable!!! I want RV! and I want it NOW! OK all better now.....I am off to work :P

• Upvote 1