Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Okie Finally Was Right

MGRMGRMBR

Well, wholly cow ol'dopie was right. We have a new rate, not sure this counts as an RV or not, but looks like I am eating crow. Looks like we are clear to enter runway 3R and taxi to the gate. Run through the ol check list, thank the passengers for flying and head on over to the hotel and hit the rack.

:P :P :P :P :P

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 5

Well, wholly cow ol'dopie was right. We have a new rate, not sure this counts as an RV or not, but looks like I am eating crow. Looks like we are clear to enter runway 3R and taxi to the gate. Run through the ol check list, thank the passengers for flying and head on over to the hotel and hit the rack.

<_< Okie, is that you again...!?!

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Sorry... can't give that man any credit. All he did was go to the CBI. Of you say he's right... it gives him some credit... and he and his buddies have none. JMO.... been misinformed by him too many times and then I looked like the fool.

• Upvote 2

Sorry... can't give that man any credit. All he did was go to the CBI. Of you say he's right... it gives him some credit... and he and his buddies have none. JMO.... been misinformed by him too many times and then I looked like the fool.

As of this very moment, CBI.iq still reads 1170.000. I am not quite experiencing any vuja de yet.

• Upvote 1

I just checked:

1 USD = 1,169.50 IQD

Don't know what it means, however, just checked CBI and like one other post mentioned, they show 1166 in the latest auction. I believe these numbers really only show flucuations. If you look at the history it has been there before. Check in the morning, if the trend continues then get excited.

Don't know what it means, however, just checked CBI and like one other post mentioned, they show 1166 in the latest auction. I believe these numbers really only show flucuations. If you look at the history it has been there before. Check in the morning, if the trend continues then get excited.

I see it. The home page lists it at 1170.000, but the Currency Auction page has the Auction price selling dinar / US$ at 1166.

Edited by Sanssouci

What are you talking about?

1169. It's a start! I think it was all the way up to 1166 earlier.

wow.....

INFORMATION ABOUT The CBI History Monetary Policy Payment Systems Banknotes & Coins Laws & Regulations Iraqi & Foreign Financial Institutions International Financial Institutions Careers RESOURCES Government Debt Currency Auctions CBI Auctions MOF Auctions Financial Statements Statistics Publications News & Announcements WELCOME TO THE CENTRAL BANK OF IRAQWhat are you looking for?

■Statistics

■Iraqi & Foreign Financial Institutions

■Anti-Money Laundering (AML)

■Financial Statements

■Laws & Regulations

■Government Debt

■Careers

■Contact us

NEWS & ANNOUNCEMENTSUpdates

■Iraq Retail Payment Systems Infrastructure

5/12/2011

■Direct Invitation No. (6D/2011)

25/10/2011

■Republic of Iraq Financial Sector Review

24/9/2011

■All News & Announcements

■Currency Auctions

■CBI Auctions

■MOF Auctions

MANDATEThe primary objectives of the Central Bank of Iraq (CBI) is to ensure domestic price stability and foster a stable competitive market based financial system. The CBI shall also promote sustainable growth, employment and prosperity in Iraq.

Read more - History

Currency Code Sell Buy

US dollar USD 1166.000 1164.000

Euro EUR 1496.095 1495.347

British pound GBP 1792.142 1791.246

Canadian dollar CAD ------ ------

Swiss franc CHF 1234.646 1234.029

Swedish krona SEK 168.612 168.527

Norwegian krone NOK 194.184 194.087

Danish krone DKK 201.204 201.104

Japanese yen JPY 15.204 15.196

Special

Drawing Rights SDR 1784.843 1783.950

Indicative rates - 19.01.2012

ECONOMIC DATA

Here is the link to cbi, http://cbi.iq/

Not trying to support oakie...but there is activity on cbi. Here's to hoping those numbers continue to change in our favor and change quickly!

Edited by harleyrider1

INFORMATION ABOUT The CBI History Monetary Policy Payment Systems Banknotes & Coins Laws & Regulations Iraqi & Foreign Financial Institutions International Financial Institutions Careers RESOURCES Government Debt Currency Auctions CBI Auctions MOF Auctions Financial Statements Statistics Publications News & Announcements WELCOME TO THE CENTRAL BANK OF IRAQWhat are you looking for?

■Statistics

■Iraqi & Foreign Financial Institutions

■Anti-Money Laundering (AML)

■Financial Statements

■Laws & Regulations

■Government Debt

■Careers

■Contact us

NEWS & ANNOUNCEMENTSUpdates

■Iraq Retail Payment Systems Infrastructure

5/12/2011

■Direct Invitation No. (6D/2011)

25/10/2011

■Republic of Iraq Financial Sector Review

24/9/2011

■All News & Announcements

■Currency Auctions

■CBI Auctions

■MOF Auctions

MANDATEThe primary objectives of the Central Bank of Iraq (CBI) is to ensure domestic price stability and foster a stable competitive market based financial system. The CBI shall also promote sustainable growth, employment and prosperity in Iraq.

Read more - History

Currency Code Sell Buy

US dollar USD 1166.000 1164.000

Euro EUR 1496.095 1495.347

British pound GBP 1792.142 1791.246

Canadian dollar CAD ------ ------

Swiss franc CHF 1234.646 1234.029

Swedish krona SEK 168.612 168.527

Norwegian krone NOK 194.184 194.087

Danish krone DKK 201.204 201.104

Japanese yen JPY 15.204 15.196

Special

Drawing Rights SDR 1784.843 1783.950

Indicative rates - 19.01.2012

ECONOMIC DATA

Here is the link to cbi, http://cbi.iq/

Not trying to support oakie...but there is activity on cbi. Here's to hoping those numbers continue to change in our favor and change quickly!

Fully agree biker, as a matter of fact later today it was another 1/4 pip in our favor. 1665.75 I trade the "Forex" on other currency pairs and can't say what caused the initial move to 1166 It was about a 4% change in the difference of the $ and the dinar. If the USD/IQD were actuallly traded on Forex, I could have made some nice profit on the move. If you don't follow Forex you should. It doesn't matter which site. Just find one that even lists USD/IQD and see what happens. I think the move was a positive for what we hope for, but not necessarily a big tell as to the RV.

c'mon, people! gimme a break. nothing new here... At least is is SOME change, but nothing to get very excited about. Now, if it goes to 1000 IQD/1 USD that may be something to seriously consider.

At any rate

Git 'R(V) Done!

c'mon, people! gimme a break. nothing new here... At least is is SOME change, but nothing to get very excited about. Now, if it goes to 1000 IQD/1 USD that may be something to seriously consider.

At any rate

Git 'R(V) Done!

Well someone else posted earlier if you own 2million dinars, you just made 882 dollars. What is wrong with that? Best news we have had for along time. Tonight on another thread there was a post that it is now trading at 1164.20 I checked his site and it is true. I am going to propose that this may be the start of RV. Not just one mind bending panasonic event but a sustainable trend in our favor. It hasn't gone on long enough to call it a trend. I just want to propose an alternate way to RV

GO RV :D

Excuse me but, what the heck are you talking about??????????????????/