Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

MORE WTO NEWS

harleyharryfl

* Ministry of Commerce establish a seminar on Iraq’s accession to the WTO

January 17th, 2012 02:32 pm · Posted in NEWS (Iraq & World Currency)

Baghdad – and babysit – the Ministry of Commerce has established an educational seminar at the Ministry of Planning on Iraq’s accession to the World Trade Organization WTO. According to a ministry statement said that the seminar was held under the supervision of the Director General of the Department of economic relations Hashim Mohammed Hatem, addressed to raise awareness about Iraq’s accession to the World Trade Organization WTO. The statement quoted the responsibility of the WTO in the Ministry Sulaf properly clarify the mechanism of accession to the WTO through the establishment of the state to apply to join and which displays at a meeting of the General Council of the organization where they are voting on it and then begin the process of preparing for accession requirements and determine the team and its leader, and that which will follow the stages of accession of the state.

GO RV B)

• Upvote 5

Gotta love it! Thanks for the post!

Abarvets help me here to see if I have this right or anyone's help here.

Like all their articles they start out telling what they have done or what their about to do in this case are they saying that they have been excepted as a full member by accession;

Quote;

the Ministry of Commerce has established an educational seminar at the Ministry of Planning on Iraq’s accession to the World Trade Organization WTO.........Iraq's accession to the WTO.....this to me means they are a full member...

Now this one;

addressed to raise awareness about Iraq’s accession to the World Trade Organization WTO.

OK now, they then end the articles by stating how and what the process has been to get to the end result, so this quote;

The statement quoted the responsibility of the WTO in the Ministry Sulaf properly clarify the mechanism of accession to the WTO through the establishment of the state to apply to join and which displays at a meeting of the General Council of the organization where they are voting on it and then begin the process of preparing for accession requirements and determine the team and its leader, and that which will follow the stages of accession of the state..............am I reading this right??

If this is right and they are a full member, this along with all the other great news we have received is a big...big piece of the puzzle...

Edited by Stryker365
  • Upvote 3

I hope you are right Stryker, I would agree with your opinion. However when it comes to Iraq they always have another article that contradicts the one before.

Oh I know but wouldn't it be nice if this one is correct........I'll look to see if there is anything on the WTO web site.........my 6 year old needs me now tho....

Like all their articles they start out telling what they have done or what their about to do in this case are they saying that they have been excepted as a full member by accession;

Quote;

the Ministry of Commerce has established an educational seminar at the Ministry of Planning on Iraq’s accession to the World Trade Organization WTO.........Iraq's accession to the WTO.....this to me means they are a full member...

Now this one;

addressed to raise awareness about Iraq’s accession to the World Trade Organization WTO.

OK now, they then end the articles by stating how and what the process has been to get to the end result, so this quote;

The statement quoted the responsibility of the WTO in the Ministry Sulaf properly clarify the mechanism of accession to the WTO through the establishment of the state to apply to join and which displays at a meeting of the General Council of the organization where they are voting on it and then begin the process of preparing for accession requirements and determine the team and its leader, and that which will follow the stages of accession of the state..............am I reading this right??

If this is right and they are a full member, this along with all the other great news we have received is a big...big piece of the puzzle...

No I think you are jumping the gun a bit. I do not believe they are a full member yet. They have the establishment of state (check),

the General Council votes (which sounds like they were given a yes vote),

now they are beginning the process for preparing the accession requirements (these are the requirements to be recognized kinda like initiation into the club, we like you, we want you now you have to do this),

they have to put a team together and pick a leader (one of their requirements),

which follows the stages of accession (so you don't just get to join the club here is what else you have to do now that we want you in our club).

That is how I am reading it. Where they truly are in the process is anyones guess.

Does this make sense stryker?

No I think you are jumping the gun a bit. I do not believe they are a full member yet. They have the establishment of state (check),

now they are beginning the process for preparing the accession requirements (these are the requirements to be recognized kinda like initiation into the club, we like you, we want you now you have to do this),

which follows the stages of accession (so you don't just get to join the club here is what else you have to do now that we want you in our club).

That is how I am reading it. Where they truly are in the process is anyones guess.

They actually or anyway the way I have read have been in the process since 2004. But no new announcement.

Quote;

Now this one;

Is there a link for this article? If true W.T.O. full members cannot be in Chapter VII and has to have a Internationally Recognized and Trade-able Currency :P

Is there a link for this article? If true W.T.O. full members cannot be in Chapter VII and has to have a Internationally Recognized and Trade-able Currency :P

I did not post it and did not pay attention to it not having one, sorry, good question tho...

I don't think I was trying to jump the gun on anything thus asking for help, thanks for your response tho....

I did not post it and did not pay attention to it not having one, sorry, good question tho...

I don't think I was trying to jump the gun on anything thus asking for help, thanks for your response tho....

Stryker, I must say I read this as saying Iraqi is ascending to full membership, but have not reached full membership yet. Just using the word ascension indicates to me they are in the process of rising toward full membership.

Also, the seminar, the training, indicates an education process prior to implementation: learning to drive the car, the laws, the mechanics of the vehicle, all of this prior to getting your license to operate the vehicle.

But....if they are having a seminar for training, there is a real good reason for it. You do not train on anything unless you are going to put those tools to work immediately, otherwise you loose what you have learned. Nod nod, wink wink.

IMHO this is more fantastic news! I am just sitting on the couch giggling. Geez, this is really starting to be fun again.

• Upvote 3

Wow, what a great article and GREAT thread that has yet be downtrodden with ignorance and negativity. Folks, this thing is really happening before our very eyes, and if you don't believe it then I pity your lack of understanding of this investment. We can argue the semantics of RV/RI/LOP/RD all day long (which is a pointless waste of everyone's time), but whatever it is that they plan on doing, they are in fact doing it.

• Upvote 3

Seems to me that there is a LOT of pressure being applied to get Iraq RV'd, in the WTO, etc.

Still haven't heard anything on the budget yet. Really looking forward to that one... And a RV! :D

The budget was approved. They keep saying they need to vote on it, but it's approved. They try to confuse us. Buy the way, this is great news! Good read!

Wow, what a great article and GREAT thread that has yet be downtrodden with ignorance and negativity. Folks, this thing is really happening before our very eyes, and if you don't believe it then I pity your lack of understanding of this investment. We can argue the semantics of RV/RI/LOP/RD all day long (which is a pointless waste of everyone's time), but whatever it is that they plan on doing, they are in fact doing it.

...hey.....keep it down......maybe they won't find us.......mum's the word.....this kind of news is too good and needs to savored for at least 24 hours before it is found out.......... B) ....later

Poor choice of words on my part. Did not mean to offend, I miss read the wording of your question. I still believe they are in process and that they are beyond the initial phase of temporary and on the road to full status pending chapter 7 and what ever else they require. This is a better sign that chapter 7 may only be a formality at this point meaning release may be just around the corner imo. Another positive hopefully. :)

Stryker, I must say I read this as saying Iraqi is ascending to full membership, but have not reached full membership yet. Just using the word ascension indicates to me they are in the process of rising toward full membership.

Also, the seminar, the training, indicates an education process prior to implementation: learning to drive the car, the laws, the mechanics of the vehicle, all of this prior to getting your license to operate the vehicle.

But....if they are having a seminar for training, there is a real good reason for it. You do not train on anything unless you are going to put those tools to work immediately, otherwise you loose what you have learned. Nod nod, wink wink.

IMHO this is more fantastic news! I am just sitting on the couch giggling. Geez, this is really starting to be fun again.

Carrello beautifully said. I should have used this example! :);)

Thanks again for you pragmatic dissection of this article. You don't miss a trick.

Thanks and I agree, I feel like it is another article that is just on the edge of accomplishment and ready to break wide open.

And yes this is how we should be enjoying the unfolding of this event no matter what the out come.

Poor choice of words on my part. Did not mean to offend, I miss read the wording of your question. I still believe they are in process and that they are beyond the initial phase of temporary and on the road to full status pending chapter 7 and what ever else they require. This is a better sign that chapter 7 may only be a formality at this point meaning release may be just around the corner imo. Another positive hopefully. :)

Carrello beautifully said. I should have used this example! :);)

No problem, I always enjoy your input thats why I was asking for your help. Thanks for the feed back both times and you did not offend me, just trying to set the example and let others so their _____, you know!!

Cheers..