Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

the UN is moving in

randalln

I really hope everything is finally coming together.

[/quote

Me too. I find myself holding back my excitement all the time, just to not be crushed by the same 'ol same 'ol. Not asking too much for Iraq to just get on with it, No matter what the rate is. Just get on with it

• Upvote 2

hahaha lets hope not

From what my friend says they have agreed to allow the UN to oversee the foreign contractors that have there own security forces (not just US) to bring in there arms and weapons .And the UN will be the

one to do all inspections not JUST the Iraqi's (this was all the hold up folks )

oh..i see .thanks

hahaha lets hope not

From what my friend says they have agreed to allow the UN to oversee the foreign contractors that have there own security forces (not just US) to bring in there arms and weapons .And the UN will be the

one to do all inspections not JUST the Iraqi's (this was all the hold up folks )

Ok, that makes more sense.

So, i guess my next question randalln, assuming this really means what it looks like it means is; What happens next?

Edited by blugrass60

Ok, so this means, that basically they could have whatever tyoes of explosives they want transported in country. Like something that may set off a r a d detector? And if that were the case, they would no longer be held by cha 7 bc of this particular weapons purchase? I may not be reading or understanding this right randalln

Ya you are ..............this is not meant for the USA only THIS is for all contractors doing work with the overseeing of the UN for the dispersant of security force..and or transpiration of military supplies

• Upvote 3

Now some will say ....if the UN is overseeing this then they are not out of CH7 ........The UN purpose and the reason most countries are members is so that foreign security can have a presence on foreign land

Im sure there are some military folks on here (if they want to reveal themselves )that can tell you just how this works in relation to security for private corporations on foreign soil

• Upvote 1

Ya you are ..............this is not meant for the USA only THIS is for all contractors doing work with the overseeing of the UN for the dispersant of security force..and or transpiration of military supplies

Hot dog Randalln. Nice to see you back with such a GREAT piece of newswink.gif

Mak63

I don't know if anybody still wants it, but here is the content of the five pages

This notice is placed on behalf of UNAMI. United Nations Procurement Division (UNPD) cannot

provide any warranty, expressed or implied, as to the accuracy, reliability or completeness of

contents of furnished information; and is unable to answer any enquiries regarding this EOI. You

are therefore requested to direct all your queries to UNAMI using the fax number provided below.

Title of the EOI:

Customs clearance, freight forwarding services, dangerous goods handling of UNAMI shipments at Air and

Sea Ports of Kuwait, Jordan and Iraq, all locations, including Overland Transportation Services

Date of this EOI: 9 January 2012 Closing Date for Receipt of EOI : 25 January 2012

EOI Number: EOIUNAMI7357 E-mail Address: unami-eoi@un.org

Address EOI response by fax for the Attention of: Chief Procurement Officer - Unami

Fax Number: +965 2472 1899

UNCCS Code: 712100

DESCRIPTION OF REQUIREMENTS

1) The United Nations Assistance Mission for Iraq (UNAMI) has a requirement of “as and when required

basis” to obtain the services of a Customs Clearance, Freight Forwarding Services, Dangerous Goods

Handling of UNAMI Shipments at Air and Sea Ports of Kuwait, Jordan and Iraq, all locations Including

Overland Transportation Services of United Nations Owned Equipment (UNOE) and Contingent Owned

Equipment (COE), weapons and ammunition

a) The requirement can be divided into following categories:

• Sea container 20ft not more than 17,000 kg

• Sea container 40ft not more than 34,000 kg

• 20' Truck loose load

• 40' Truck loose load

• Vehicle light upto 2,500 kg

• Vehicle medium upto 6,000 kg

• Vehicle heavy upto 13,000 kg

• General Cargo (Parcel, Box, Carton)

• General Cargo (EURO Pallets, Crate)

B) UNAMI is looking for certified and recognized contractors in Kuwait, Jordan and Iraq engaged in the

documentation and packaging of dangerous goods and weapons in accordance with current international

and local regulations

c) The duration of the contact is for One (1) year, but UN shall have the option of extension for

additional four (4) years, one year at a time, under the same terms and conditions subject to satisfactory

performance of the contractor, availability of funds and continuation of UNAMI mandates.

United Nations Nations Unies

United Nations Assistance Mission for Iraq - UNAMI

KUWAIT

REQUEST FOR EXPRESSION OF INTEREST (EOI)

d) In addition, the transportation of UNOE and COE from locations within Iraq to other specific locations

in Kuwait, Jordan and Iraq (as below)

• IZ Baghdad

• BIAP Baghdad

• Erbil

• Kirkuk

• Mosul

• Basrah

• Najaf

• Ramadi

2) Please note the following:

a) This EOI is not an invitation for submission of a proposal.

B) UNAMI reserves the right in selecting invitees for the competitive bidding based on substantial and

proven records of performance in the subject field of activities and mere expressing an interest would not

automatically warrant for Request for Proposal (RFP) document.

c) UNAMI reserves the right to reject EOIs received after the above deadline.

SPECIFIC REQUIREMENTS / INFORMATION (IF ANY)

i. Preference will be given to vendors having several years’ of experience in the similar field of work as

outlined above.

ii. For further information UNAMI will undertake a competitive bidding exercise shortly, and accordingly

would issue a Request for Proposal (RFP) to those companies who would express their interest and

provide initial relevant information as to their ability to fulfill UNAMI’s requirement. The solicitation will be

based on a detailed Statement of Requirement, UN General Conditions of Contracts and other related

documents which will be provided by UNAMI to all companies who respond to this EOI and qualify for the

tender.

3. MANDATORY REQUIREMENTS / INFORMATION:

a) Below are the mandatory requirement:

i) The contractor must:

• be able to gain or hold approval for contractor’s personnel, vehicles and equipment to gain access/

enter UNAMI Facilities located in Iraq as well as provide customs clearance services for all shipments

imported/exported by air (commercially or by UN air transport) at the Iraqi airports. This is currently but not

limited to:

- Baghdad Baghdad Airport Camp Victory

- Kirkuk Kirkuk Airport FOB Warrior

- Mosul Mosul Airport FOB Marez

- Basrah Basra Airport Basra Air Station

- Najaf Najaf Airport FOB Endeavor

- Ramadi Ramadi Airport FOB Ramadi

- Erbil Erbil Airport

• have IATA Certification and company experience in Dangerous Goods (including weapons)

handling and transport by air, sea and road in Jordan, Kuwait and Iraq, including and/or be able to employ

and/or sub-contract such personnel/service required to correctly package, document and dispatch

ammunition and weapons

• capability to operate in austere and post-war conditions and in areas where the security threat is

classified by as low, medium and high

• hold be ISO 14000 and ISO 9001 certified

• be able to provide customs clearance services for all shipments imported/exported by air

(commercially or by UN air transport) at the Iraqi airports.

ii) have an extensive internal logistics network to support their international operations other than the

locations which are mandatory

iii) be capable of providing or subcontracting freight forwarding, handling and clearances services on a

worldwide basis

iv) demonstrate the ability to adapt to changing operational requirements as and when these become

known

v) have the capability to track the progress and advise the location and status of all UNAMI shipments

every 24 hours

vi) be able to respond to the service task order within 2 working days and commence the specified

task within 7 days of acceptance

IMPORTANT NOTE: Failure to meet and/or confirm compliance with any of the above Mandatory Criteria

shall result in automatic disqualification from the tender.

B) The vendor should have minimum of 3 years proven experience in the above mentioned field.

c) Duly completed UNAMI or UNPD / UNGM Vendor Registration formalities.

d) Duly completed and signed Pre-qualification Questionnaire as detailed below:

PRE-QUALIFICATION QUESTIONNAIRE

I. COMPANY DETAILS:

I.1 - Name of company:

I.2 - Address/Postal Code/City/Country:

I.3 - Telephone/Mobile/Facsimile:

I.4 - E-mail:

I.5 - Website:

I.6 - Number of employees:

I.7 - Year of establishment:

I.8 - Authorized Representative(s) (Name/Title):

II. QUESTIONS:

II.1 - Does your company comply with all the Mandatory Criteria? (………)YES / (………) NO

II.2 - Does your company have necessary registration, legal documentation, approval, and licenses to

operate and perform works detailed above in the territory indicated above?

NOTE

Information on tendering for the UN Procurement System is available free of charge at the following

address: http://www.ungm.org/Notices/Notices.aspx

Only the United Nations Global Marketplace (UNGM) has been authorized to collect a nominal fee from

vendors that wish to receive automatically Procurement Notices or Expression Of Interest. Please

subscribe to http://www.ungm.org/Registration/Login.aspx

Vendors interested in participating in the planned solicitation process should complete the Vendor

Response Form of this EOI and fax it to +965 2472 1899 before the closing date set forth above

II.3 How many years of experience does your Company have in the field as outlined above: …….. (years)

II.4 - Reference to current or previous agreements for similar services with International Organizations,

including the United Nations, private or state institutions. Please provide name of Organization, Telephone

Numbers and Contact person details. (3 or more preferred).

II.5 - Is your company duly althorized and registered to operate legally in Iraq as a:

II.5.1 - Manufacturer?

II.5.2 - Authorized Distributor?

II.5.3 - Supplier?

II.5.4 - Service Center?

II.5.5 – Other ?……………………………….……….(Please specify)

II.6 - Quality Certification: (ISO or equiv. Name) …………..…..…. Expires On : ………….…..(dd/mm/yyyy)

I certify the accuracy of the above mentioned information. I recognize the right reserved by UNAMI to verify

with the listed firms/organizations the accuracy of any information submitted in response to the above

mentioned questionnaire or otherwise submitted to UNAMI. I further authorize UNAMI to disqualify the firm I

represent from the competition in the event that any of the above information is found to be false, erroneous

or ambiguous.

Place: ………………………………………… Date: …………………..

Authorized representative:………………………………………………………….

(Name & Designation)

Signature: …………………………………………………….

Important Note: This questionnaire will not be valid unless signed by authorized representative

(end of questionnaire)

VEND

ORS RESPONSE FORM

To be filled by the Vendor (All fields marked with an ‘*’ are mandatory)

COMPANY INFORMATION

UN Global Market Place (UNGM) Vendor ID Number*:

Company Name *:

Company Contact *:

Address *:

City *:

Country *:

Telephone Number *:

Fax Number *:

Email Address:

Company Website:

We declare that our company fully meets the prerequisites A, B, C, D and E, for eligibility to register with the

United Nations as outlined in the paragraph 1 of the EOI INSTRUCTIONS page.

Signature:_________________________________ Date:_______________________

Name and Title:_____________________________

** If not already registered with UNGM, please use the following URL to register at United Nations

Global Marketplace (UNGM): www.ungm.org. Registration at UNGM is free and mandatory for

responding to this EOI. The following information is available about the registration process.

VENDOR RESPONSE FORM

EOI Number: EOIUNAMI7357

TO: Chief Procurement Officer - Unami

FAX: +965 2472 1899

SUBJECT:

Customs clearance, freight forwarding services, dangerous goods handling of UNAMI

shipments at Air and Sea Ports of Kuwait, Jordan and Iraq, all locations, including Overland

Transportation Services

1) Registering as a Vendor with UNGM

Vendors interested in fulfilling the requirement described above must be registered with UNGM and

may wish to visit www.ungm.org for full registration information in order to be eligible to participate

in any solicitation. Information on the registration process can be obtained from the Mission

concerned.

Prerequisites for Eligibility

In order to be eligible for UN registration, you must declare that:

A. Your company (both parent and/or subsidiaries, if applicable) is not on, or associated with a

company or individual on The 1267 List website

(www.un.org/sc/committees/1267/consolist.shtml) and is not on the IIC Oil for Food List website

(www.iic-offp.org).

B. Your company (both parent and/or subsidiaries, if applicable) is not currently removed,

invalidated or suspended by the UN Headquarters, field missions or other UN organizations

(including the World Bank) and is not under investigation by a government or UN Member State.

C. You have no outstanding bankruptcy, judgment or pending legal action that could impair

operating as a going concern.

D. You currently do not employ, or anticipate employing, any person(s) who is or was recently

employed by the UN (in accordance with ST/SGB/2006/15, post-employment restrictions

(www.un.org/depts/ptd/pdf/conduct_english.pdf).

E. Your subsidiaries, agents, intermediaries and principals agree to cooperate with the United

Nations Office of Internal Oversight Service during any investigative processes undertaken by them,

either before during or after execution of a contract, including providing all required documents,

company records, access to employees, officers and staff, as well as financial information.

For Registered Vendors: Vendors already registered must ensure that the information and

documentation (e.g., financial statements, address, contact name, etc.) provided in connection with

their registration are up to date in UNGM.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: Any false, incomplete or defective vendor registration may result in the

rejection of the application or cancellation of an already existing registration.

2) EOI Process

Vendors interested in participating in the planned solicitation process should forward their expression

of interest (EOI) to United Nations Assistance Mission for Iraq - UNAMI by the closing date set

forth in this EOI. Due to the high volume of communications United Nations Assistance Mission for

Iraq - UNAMI is not in a position to issue confirmation of receipt of EOIs.

Please note that no further details of the planned solicitation can be made available to the vendors

prior to issuance of the solicitation documents.

EOI INSTRUCTIONS

• Upvote 3

They bought F-16s under sanctions.So why would chapter 7 be lifted because of small arms?

hahaha thats the point

the F-16s where from us and some said that its was done around ch7........it was not they where bought but not delivered till now .......this doc. is also for a compony like dynacorp to maintain and ARM the F-16

• Upvote 3

hahaha thats the point

the F-16s where from us and some said that its was done around ch7........it was not they where bought but not delivered till now .......this doc. is also for a compony like dynacorp to maintain and ARM the F-16

Ah. Im guessing that this affects their military and security / police forces in a big way..

so the f-16s are there now? This and other weapons platforms have been delivered and are actually sitting inside their borders and on THEIR land?

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

Ah. Im guessing that this affects their military and security / police forces in a big way..

so the f-16s are there now? This and other weapons platforms have been delivered and are actually sitting inside their borders and on THEIR land?

Hahahahahaha WHAT YOU TALKING BOUT WILLIS

I DID NOT SAY THAT THEY ARE THERE hahahahaah

you said that not me

I am just sharing a doc that is on the UN website ..........hahahahahawink.gif

• Upvote 10
  • Downvote 1

man looks like I'm getting negs and you to for stating facts hahahaha some of of theses people are Idiots

ITS FROM THE UN SITE PEOPLE I DID NOT MAKE IT UP

blugrass i removed that neg for ya

I'll up with a couple of +'s fer ya'llbiggrin.gif

Mak63

• Upvote 1

Ok, but one more idea randlin.Why would the U.N. be transporting arms FOR iraq....they arent arms dealers. So the arms should be for their own troops to fortify a heavier position in the region. We know its falling apart.

You need to read the UN charter then you will understand how the world works

Even when the UN is in a country its made up of a lot of member nations from all over the world.And they all have to apply for permission to go in to a foreign country ,with weapons ,and or military equipment to keep the peace.........

This doc is for contractors to go in to and from IRAQ with weapons,dangerous materials (explosives) and ammunition

That means NO MORE CH7

I'll up with a couple of +'s fer ya'llbiggrin.gif

Mak63

Thanks Mak

• Upvote 5

man looks like I'm getting negs and you to for stating facts hahahaha some of of theses people are Idiots

ITS FROM THE UN SITE PEOPLE I DID NOT MAKE IT UP

blugrass i removed that neg for ya

Thanks, this is some pretty interesting stuff. Im curious to see what happens next

• Upvote 1

They bought F-16s under sanctions.So why would chapter 7 be lifted because of small arms?

They don't have to be out of all the Chapter 7 issues to obtain military weapons. They have already taken delivery of around 135 of the 140 M1 Abrams tanks that they purchased, howitzers, and turboprop planes armed with hellfire missiles. LINK #1 LINK #2

The arms embargo imposed on Iraq was actually lifted in 2004 via UN Resolution 1584 LINK :

NEW YORK - When the 15-member United Nations Security Council legitimized the US-imposed interim government in Baghdad in June, the five-page unanimous resolution carried a provision little publicized in the media: the lifting of a 14-year arms embargo on Iraq.

The Security Council's decision to end military sanctions on Iraq has triggered a rush by the world's weapons dealers to make a grab for a potentially multimillion-dollar new arms market in the already over-armed Middle East. LINK

That article is dated July 13, 2004. It has simply taken Iraq several years to get to the point where they can start making large purchases like the recent F-16 order.

Edited by HopefulTxn
  • Upvote 7