Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Central Bank plans to launch three categories after deletion of zeros from the Iraqi dinar

yota691

Sorry guys,

but the first 5 pages of this thread had some good ideas, conversations, and logical debate about what this article entailed, since then it has been a disaster. If you have any personal vendettas, discourse over dialogue, one-ups-manship, etc., I think I speak for a silent majority to just take it outside and may the best man win. My time is valuable as is everyones, but I would rather seek information and substance than watching folks try to out-manouver each other. Just my .02 <_<

• Upvote 12

Why would we want that?

Trust me, I am not saying I want that, just trying to understand where this is all headed. It really does not seem that anyone really knows for sure but the article is specific and everyone needs to be prepared for it playing out just as described. What I do not fully understand is all the articles that have come out in recent weeks eluding to a " 1 to 1" exchange.It would appear that every other article contradicts the next. Keep us guessing I suppose. This and how does redenominatino add value to their currency ? Perhaps we cannot see the forest for the trees or maybe we have selective interpretation of some articles. Just ready for it to play out how ever.

Go RV ?

Sorry guys,

but the first 5 pages of this thread had some good ideas, conversations, and logical debate about what this article entailed, since then it has been a disaster. If you have any personal vendettas, discourse over dialogue, one-ups-manship, etc., I think I speak for a silent majority to just take it outside and may the best man win. My time is valuable as is everyones, but I would rather seek information and substance than watching folks try to out-manouver each other. Just my .02 <_<

Granted, the article in question for this thread seems to speak of a LOP. I have no problem with LOPsters and/or Negative Nancys being here, expressing their "opinions." But it seems to me that these folks can pretty much go anywhere they want on this Forum. They can invade any thread, regardless of topic, and descend to character assassination at will, and usually without consequence! So, if they are permitted to run roughshod all over this Forum, why is it a crime to take them on, in as civil a manner as possible, wherever they happen to be? When do people like myself, who reasonably believe in an RV, get the opportunity to take them apart, which freedom they enjoy with us?

Trust me, I am not saying I want that, just trying to understand where this is all headed. It really does not seem that anyone really knows for sure but the article is specific and everyone needs to be prepared for it playing out just as described. What I do not fully understand is all the articles that have come out in recent weeks eluding to a " 1 to 1" exchange.It would appear that every other article contradicts the next. Keep us guessing I suppose. This and how does redenominatino add value to their currency ? Perhaps we cannot see the forest for the trees or maybe we have selective interpretation of some articles. Just ready for it to play out how ever.

Go RV ?

And there you have your answer.

Edited by Sanssouci
  • Upvote 1

Salih stressed that "the process of replacing the currency will take two years to prevent any disruption in the process of delivery and receipt," explaining that "the banks will continue to receive the old currency for ten years as rights and not negotiable."

OK, I haven't read all 74 pages so forgive me is this has already been addressed, but if they were gonna take two years to LOP, then why would the banks utilize these notes for ten years in total? If it was a straight up LOP, then those big notes would be entirely worthless in two years, and not ten. A good buddy of mine pointed this out to me and it's interesting. He made the point that he understood that when the 100K note was taken out of US circulation it used for internal purposes afterwards.

Sorry guys,

+1,000 for UR

• Upvote 1

Granted, the article in question for this thread seems to speak of a LOP. I have no problem with LOPsters and/or Negative Nancys being here, expressing their "opinions." But it seems to me that these folks can pretty much go anywhere they want on this Forum. They can invade any thread, regardless of topic, and descend to character assassination at will, and usually without consequence! So, if they are permitted to run roughshod all over this Forum, why is it a crime to take them on, in as civil a manner as possible, wherever they happen to be? When do people like myself, who reasonably believe in an RV, get the opportunity to take them apart, which freedom they enjoy with us?

And there you have your answer.

How about a little patience. Imo you draw disconsent with differing opinions and get very defensive. 99% of us are dinar investors like you. conversations will happen when articles like this arise. its not personal

• Upvote 1

How about a little patience.

:lol:

Imo you draw disconsent with differing opinions and get very defensive.

If I am under attack, of course I am going to be defensive. It matters not what the article says, if I believe it is smoke, then it is smoke.

99% of us are dinar investors like you.

Prove it.

conversations will happen when articles like this arise. its not personal.

You could have fooled me. I don't think I have had a real conversation with you. What is it about condescension that seems so conversational to you?

Edited by Sanssouci
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Salih stressed that "the process of replacing the currency will take two years to prevent any disruption in the process of delivery and receipt," explaining that "the banks will continue to receive the old currency for ten years as rights and not negotiable."

OK, I haven't read all 74 pages so forgive me is this has already been addressed, but if they were gonna take two years to LOP, then why would the banks utilize these notes for ten years in total? If it was a straight up LOP, then those big notes would be entirely worthless in two years, and not ten. A good buddy of mine pointed this out to me and it's interesting. He made the point that he understood that when the 100K note was taken out of US circulation it used for internal purposes afterwards.

I think that ten years is a mistake ,a typo, a mistranslation, something, but it makes nosense whatsoever. I don't know about everybody else, but that is the first I have seen ten years. I doubt if Iraq will exist in ten years. If they don't blow it up, the Chinese will annex it. Chinaq. The best slant-eyed camels on the plant, but of course, they are all males.

Edited by Carrello

Sanssouci,

I have absolutely no problem with logical and informed dialogue, I happen to be one of those that has seen numerous articles like this, and many others, who still believes that a L O P would never benefit Iraq one iota. Like Jesus said, "the poor will always be among you" well, in the dinar world a comparison is "the lopsters will always be among you". That part I get. My problem is with the personal attacks, wasting time with probably 75 posts where my time could have been well spent elsewhere. I know I am barking up a tree at a cat 80 feet up on the 74th branch, but maybe just maybe others that agree with this line of thought might agree and we can keep this personal garbage out and just deal with the articles, information, ideas, meanings, etc., and learn someone else's opinion that is significant where we collectively learn something.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

Sanssouci,

I have absolutely no problem with logical and informed dialogue, I happen to be one of those that has seen numerous articles like this, and many others, who still believes that a L O P would never benefit Iraq one iota. Like Jesus said, "the poor will always be among you" well, in the dinar world a comparison is "the lopsters will always be among you". That part I get. My problem is with the personal attacks, wasting time with probably 75 posts where my time could have been well spent elsewhere. I know I am barking up a tree at a cat 80 feet up on the 74th branch, but maybe just maybe others that agree with this line of thought might agree and we can keep this personal garbage out and just deal with the articles, information, ideas, meanings, etc., and learn someone else's opinion that is significant where we collectively learn something.

+10,000 for UR

Sanssouci,

I have absolutely no problem with logical and informed dialogue, I happen to be one of those that has seen numerous articles like this, and many others, who still believes that a L O P would never benefit Iraq one iota. Like Jesus said, "the poor will always be among you" well, in the dinar world a comparison is "the lopsters will always be among you". That part I get.

As I said, they go wherever and do whatever they want around here.

My problem is with the personal attacks, wasting time with probably 75 posts where my time could have been well spent elsewhere.

Well, there are other threads on the Forum. And I don't believe I am the only party guilty of a personal attack. But if it works, why fix it?

I know I am barking up a tree at a cat 80 feet up on the 74th branch, but maybe just maybe others that agree with this line of thought might agree and we can keep this personal garbage out and just deal with the articles, information, ideas, meanings, etc., and learn someone else's opinion that is significant where we collectively learn something.

I think most of us are intelligent to the point where if we do not understand what an article is saying, as, in this instance, the article clearly speaks of a LOP, we will simply, humbly ask: What is this article saying? We do not need some snarky interloper in a didactic tone "telling" us what we can reasonably read for ourselves. I have thought about how I could combat this phenomenon, and today I tried a new tactic. I think it worked rather well, if I must say so myself.

Edited by Sanssouci
  • Upvote 5
  • Downvote 5

No one is misreading the article. Without a doubt, it seems to be talking about an RD. The question is whether or not one chooses to believe an RD is the CBI's true intention. For those who do not believe an RD is the CBI's true intention, well, our analysis is that the article is indeed smoke.

Oh, I see, so because you say it's smoke, I have to say it's smoke or I'm wrong. Interesting. <_<

Excuse me, but of what great service is that, really: Simply stating what the article is saying? I don't need JMW to tell me what I can read perfectly well for myself.

Well, of what great service is it for those of us that come on here to learn about our investment to see "Go RV" or "smoke and mirrors" for every friggin article that's posted? <_<

The LOPsters and/or Negative Nancys don't know either. They have no goal beyond the opportunity to say, "Ha-ha! We told you so."

Trust me, when/if this RVs, no one is going to say "I told you so." Every one, including so-called lopsters, will be at the bank and moving on with their life, so no worries there. Well, unless you plan on posting "I told you so" if it actually does RV. :huh:

Why not? Is every Iraqi article a paragon of truth?

That was a simle assumption on my part. I'm fairly certain you wouldn't call an article about a straight-up RV smoke and mirrors. Or would you? :blink:

Why must the LOPsters and Negative Nancys come and piss in my Corn Flakes without consequence?

So if I disagree with you, I'm pissing in your Corn Flakes and you're going to dish out consequences? Why must you piss on everyone that disagrees with you? No one knows what's true, not even you? Or do you? :mellow:

What the article actually states has nothing to do with its presumed status as "smoke."

Okay, so you "presume" it's smoke. Got that part. But how do you know you are right, again? <_<

What, agree to eat piss-soaked cereal? Thanks, but no thanks. I'll give you mine.

Okay, we don't need to agree; I'm good with that. :P

Perhaps some of them didn't belong in the first place, because they only ever came to stir the pot and for no other reason.

Unbelievable!!! If a so-called lopster said that, people would jump all over them. Everyone has a right to their opinion whether you like it or not. :angry: We have lost some great DV members because of being bashed for stating their opinion and I for one miss a lot of them.

But, hey, not trying to piss in your Corn Flakes; just stating how I see things. Oh, and BTW, I also believe, more so than not, that it could possibly be smoke, I just don't like to see such disrespect towards other people. I value all opinions and learn a great deal when there is a cordial discussion instead of a bashing session.

Have a wonderful evening,

Kimberlye B)

• Upvote 6

My diatribe was not directed at you Sanssouci. I think it is symptomatic of a larger problem of respect on this forum. Yes, you are correct in that it occurs on multiple posts all over this board, but it was not always this way. about a year ago, things got so bad on here that I left for about 6 months rarely coming back on. Amazingly, things seemed to have cleaned up, up until the last couple of months, and it is unfortunate because I can guarantee you that there are probably 4 people that would post something for every individual that does, who indeed would offer good information and/or perspectives, but because of idiots that bash, are reluctant to do so. It just frustrates me, and I realize I am venting, but it is unfortunate nonetheless.

• Upvote 4

Oh, I see, so because you say it's smoke, I have to say it's smoke or I'm wrong. Interesting.

No, I never said that. You may believe the moon is made of green cheese if you like. I'm not telling you you should.

Well, of what great service is it for those of us that come on here to learn about our investment to see "Go RV" or "smoke and mirrors" for every friggin article that's posted?

I don't say "Go RV," and I never have. I think it goes without saying. But that's just me. Of what great worth is believing every LOP article as gospel? Please try to draw a distinction between what the article is clearly saying, which in most cases is not arguable, and one's obligation to believe the article is conveying the CBI's true intention. That is what we mean when we say "smoke and mirrors."

Well, unless you plan on posting "I told you so" if it actually does RV.

Um, I think I'll be at the bank as well.

That was a simple assumption on my part. I'm fairly certain you wouldn't call an article about a straight-up RV smoke and mirrors. Or would you?

No, I would not. I would be very suspicious of an article that says "straight-up RV," or some such thing. Thankfully, we will never see a genuine article of that type.

So if I disagree with you, I'm pissing in your Corn Flakes and you're going to dish out consequences? Why must you piss on everyone that disagrees with you? No one knows what's true, not even you? Or do you?

Wrong again, my dear.

Okay, so you "presume" it's smoke. Got that part. But how do you know you are right, again?

I don't know that I am right, but I believe. Of course, most LOPsters will tell you they're the smartest guys in the room. Just ask them.

Edited by Sanssouci
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Well, I try to be respectful in that I curb any use of extreme profanity. But, you know, Rich, when a guy is getting under your skin, and you know he knows it, it's hard to hold back. I think we are closer than ever to what we dream about happening with this investment, and that may be the reason it seems so bad in terms of decorum to you lately.

OK buddy :lol: now that we have said our thoughts, lets just get this RV done!!!!!!!

• Upvote 3

Okay, we don't need to agree; I'm good with that.

Ah, you got my point! Great!

Everyone has a right to their opinion whether you like it or not.

Of course they do. Just because I am strong in my opinion, I am not telling anyone what to think.

We have lost some great DV members because of being bashed for stating their opinion and I for one miss a lot of them.

Well, perhaps you should have friended them on Facebook, or something. What can I say?

But, hey, not trying to piss in your Corn Flakes; just stating how I see things.

Like they say, You break it, you bought it.

Oh, and BTW, I also believe, more so than not, that it could possibly be smoke, I just don't like to see such disrespect towards other people. I value all opinions and learn a great deal when there is a cordial discussion instead of a bashing session.

It happens. I stated my opinion in the beginning, and I got bashed. But I'm no worse for the wear.

Have a wonderful evening.

And you as well, Kim.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1