Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Central Bank plans to launch three categories after deletion of zeros from the Iraqi dinar

yota691

One thing is certain: He'll never own a Boxster.

Speaking of a Boxster, I have checked some out on line and may purchase one when I go home in April! If it Rds or RVs, doesn't matter which I will put the money toward the car. :lol:

Edited by In Iraq

The question is, Keep: Can you believe it?

What proof is there to show we cant or shouldnt believe it??

Keep I am wondering something, it seems to me lately we have been reading articles the dinar that is circulating in Iraq is so worn beggars won't even take them. There is some confusion on my part as to if the banks honor these bills. I have read in the cases of worn out bills they don't because of the counterfeiting issue. My question is if most of the dinar is in such a state, and it appears they have not regenerated fresh bills in Iraq, wouldn't that 30 trillion be misrepresentation as to what they actually will take in and what they will write off the books as to worn to exchange and or counterfeit? Does that make sense?

The banks can verify their own bills....its no different from us going into a bank to replace a worn out or damaged bill....I think some of that stuff is exaggerated as to people refusing to take dinar...

The CBI does state that it removes any bills exchanged for new from the financials....so worn out bills are replaced and taken off the books according to the CBI

Some war stories are like fish stories.

But thats just one example....google iraqi dinar scam and see what you come up with......many people are sold fake dinar....has happened all over....even in Japan....I remember that article about a man there that bought thousands of dollars worth of dinar and they all turned out to be fakes....

Its nothing new....it happens everywhere with any and every currency....

But thats just one example....google iraqi dinar scam and see what you come up with......many people are sold fake dinar....has happened all over....even in Japan....I remember that article about a man there that bought thousands of dollars worth of dinar and they all turned out to be fakes....

Its nothing new....it happens everywhere with any and every currency....

But weren't those the dinar from the Saddam era?

Also you mention their record keeping and their book keeping as there is no reason for them to lie. However last week there was an article which implied there was 44 trillion missing in their records. This was a problem for their 2012 budget. I question as to how accurate they are, and how honest they are when it comes to keeping track of their cash.

What proof is there to show we cant or shouldnt believe it??

Keep..."it's not that we can't or shouldn't believe it".....it's that the information they provide is unverifiable as stated by the auditors....their records & controls bascially s-cks....no different than what was disclosed recently in that CNBC report about the CBI actually signing off on $40 Billion we gave them......only to discover that its missing (unaccounted for) :huh::blink::unsure:....what will happen will happen...but it won't be based on the numbers

Edited by GotSix
  • Upvote 1

I Googled "Iraqi Dinar Scam" a few times, back in July, and all I ever came up with were opinion pieces about buying Saddam bills.

Keep looking....

Also you mention their record keeping and their book keeping as there is no reason for them to lie. However last week there was an article which implied there was 44 trillion missing in their records. This was a problem for their 2012 budget. I question as to how accurate they are, and how honest they are when it comes to keeping track of their cash.

The CBI keeping track of what they print is completely different from oil revenue (to the govt in USD) not making it to where it needs to go or where it should go.....

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I believe there is nothing to worry about...They are just giving the current value of a 25000 dinar note which is 21.37 usd. In the event that the dinar is revalued to say $1.17 per dinar or more, then that same 25000 dinar note will now have a value of $29250. So now that same 200 new dinar note would have a value of 29250. They are just using the current value of the dinar in their figures. IMO

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Not the point. You take things entirely too literally, Keep, and that's what makes you frustrating.

I am referring to officialdom, in a general sense, and specifically the tendency of people to believe nearly everything they hear or read simply because it bears the seal of officialdom.

You asked me if I believe everything our govt tells us....no I dont, but what does that have to do with the CBI??

If it was just a single report on the currency they hold and it was only done by the CBI and no outsiders, and it wasent audited many times over by different companies from different countries, and the CBIs own statements of being as transparent as possible, along with sanctions that required them to be transparent and having the IMF also reporting the same numbers, then I might say there could be some big deception here going on.....

But there are many things against that....and nothing shows that the numbers we are able to see are wrong.....so I go off of what we can verify vs what I want it to be....of course I want it to all be lies, but nothing even comes close to supporting that theory except the fact that we just want it to be that way so we can be rich......

There is no supporting evidence of it being wrong....its just random hopes and wishes....

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 4

I believe there is nothing to worry about...They are just giving the current value of a 25000 dinar note which is 21.37 usd. In the event that the dinar is revalued to say $1.17 per dinar or more, then that same 25000 dinar note will now have a value of $29250. So now that same 200 new dinar note would have a value of 29250. They are just using the current value of the dinar in their figures. IMO

Exactly. They cant come out and say what the hopeful new value is going to be. Only what it is currently.

• Upvote 1

GotSix......when you bring those footnotes forward about the audits then we will talk ok?? Been waiting....

HA HA. That statement proves your lack of knowledge on so many levels. I guess anybody with an internet connection can spout advice. And it's spelled - "isn't" . So Says..................DayTrader

Ahhhh the daytrader who doesnt understand currency dynamics.....figured you would show....

If you would slow down to comprehend what your commenting on, you might not look so silly.....

We were talking about the CBIs financials.....which has nothing to do with our govt and what they do.....thank you come again....

• Upvote 7
  • Downvote 4

Correct

So you can't believe anything coming out of Iraq? Nothing from any official source? Where, then, do you think the truth is to be found?

You will never know the truth

If that's a problem for you, then maybe you wandered into the wrong place. Oh, by the way, a conspiracy only requires two people agreeing to perform a certain act. That sort of thing happens all day, every day.

Society is based totally on conspiracy....

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 3

"They are just giving the current value of a 25000 dinar note which is 21.37 usd. In the event that the dinar is revalued to say $1.17 per dinar or more, then that same 25000 dinar note will now have a value of $29250."

So, the Iraqi who could buy dinner for four at Abdul's camel palace and pool hall with his 25K Dinar note the day before the RV will be able to use his other 25K Dinar note the next day to buy a house?

It would seem to follow that there would be no point in counterfeiting a worthless currency. What, are we to believe these "counterfeiters" simply have it in for the CBI? No, the whole point of counterfeiting currency is to increase one's own personal gain.

True. However, I could only assume that the counterfeiters were manufacturing mass quantities in order for it to matter. Thus, the issue with supply. Again, this is my take on it. It makes sense the "supply" concern that they mention could only be a factor as it would take a HUGE amount to make those guys a real profit in dealing.