Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Fox News Commentators talking about "Iraq Peace Dividend"

BrokeNoMore

They were discussing the crisis of US Debt, how most Americans feel like it's Monopoly money...and my ears prickled when they talked for a full 20 seconds about the "Iraq Peace Dividend" and how it should be applied. They didn't say what it was...or when it was coming...but THEY SAID IT!!!

Did anybody else hear it? What was your take?

• Upvote 3

Yeah, I watched the same segment. They said it was something that should be used to pay down the national debt.

Good luck with that one.

NMGarand

Yes , good luck and what about the TRILLION DOLLARS plus we owe China.??? How does our government plan on paying that one off????

They were discussing the crisis of US Debt, how most Americans feel like it's Monopoly money...and my ears prickled when they talked for a full 20 seconds about the "Iraq Peace Dividend" and how it should be applied. They didn't say what it was...or when it was coming...but THEY SAID IT!!!

Yes. And my ears are prickling too....does that make us pricks?

The peace dividend is a political slogan popularized by US President George H.W. Bush and UK Prime Minister Margaret Thatcher in the early 1990s, purporting to describe the economic benefit of a decrease in defense spending. It is used primarily in discussions relating to the guns versus butter theory. The term was frequently used at the end of the Cold War, when many Western nations significantly cut military spending.

Real or not?

While economies do undergo a recession after the end of a major conflict as the economy is forced to adjust and retool, a "peace dividend" refers to a potential long-term benefit as budgets for defense spending are assumed to be at least partially redirected to social programs and/or a decrease in taxation rates. The existence of a peace dividend in real economies is still debated, but some research points to its reality.

• Upvote 11

Well, I was playin Farkle with my kids and missed that one thanks Texas1. :D Hopefully we will see more on the mainstream media soon. Verrrry spoon.

In The Past, After The Cold War, A Peace Dividend Meant That We No Longer Had To Spend So Much On Defense.

They Probably Meant That We Wouldn't Be Spending Money For Boots On The Ground Since The Troops Were Brought Back.

B) B) B)

• Upvote 4

Yes , good luck and what about the TRILLION DOLLARS plus we owe China.??? How does our government plan on paying that one off????

Unfortunately by giving our land away from what I have heard. There is supposedly some new big China plants going up in the US, but I can't remember where or what I saw it on; maybe tht Jesse Ventura show or something a while back.

Edited by Spoolin

The peace dividend is a political slogan popularized by US President George H.W. Bush and UK Prime Minister Margaret Thatcher in the early 1990s, purporting to describe the economic benefit of a decrease in defense spending. It is used primarily in discussions relating to the guns versus butter theory. The term was frequently used at the end of the Cold War, when many Western nations significantly cut military spending.

Real or not?

While economies do undergo a recession after the end of a major conflict as the economy is forced to adjust and retool, a "peace dividend" refers to a potential long-term benefit as budgets for defense spending are assumed to be at least partially redirected to social programs and/or a decrease in taxation rates. The existence of a peace dividend in real economies is still debated, but some research points to its reality.

Thanks for taking the time to define this for us, I had no idea what the term meant.

Unfortunately by giving our land away from what I have heard. There is supposedly some new big China plants going up in the US, but I can't remember where or what I saw it on; maybe tht Jesse Ventura show or something a while back.

These Chinese manufacturing facilities are being sponsored by Butch Otter. He's the Governor or Lt. Governor of Idaho. The

Industrial Park for the Chinese is supposed to be somewhere south of Boise, Idaho. I think I remember something about exclusive

Chinese control of the facility and surrounding area. But that might be my imagination so don't quote me on that one.

NMGarand

These Chinese manufacturing facilities are being sponsored by Butch Otter. He's the Governor or Lt. Governor of Idaho. The

Industrial Park for the Chinese is supposed to be somewhere south of Boise, Idaho. I think I remember something about exclusive

Chinese control of the facility and surrounding area. But that might be my imagination so don't quote me on that one.

NMGarand

Yep NMGarand, you're right. Here's an excerpt about the FTZ:

Subject: Foreign Trade Zones. This is unbelievable at first, but you will soon realize that there are several motives for the global communists to physically weave our United States territory together with communist China. Read On! Here's what is going on!

Each and every one of our state governors has approved and allocated a certain amount of acres of their U.S. state land to be inhabited by Chinese communists --communists straight from China! They are to set up little towns and live here, supposedly for the purpose of producing Chinese products for sale in the U.S.A. The land the states are giving them for their little towns will be considered "foreign territory"!!! We are told that the laws of the state (in which these Chinese communists dwell) will apply to the communist Foreign Trade Zone (FTZ). Comment: If so, why are they allowed in here!??! Isn't the whole set up unlawful??? There are 257 of these little communist towns to be built all over the United States. Go to this website and see the list of the states, and how many FTZ's are to be erected in each and every state! Our nation is being peppered all over with these communist closed towns called "zones"! This insane brainstorm by Washington, D.C. officials was just recently discovered by alert citizens in the State of Idaho, where an FTZ is being built there, just south of Boise, Idaho, possibly 30,000 acres of Idaho is going to be used for that FTZ.

• Upvote 1

Subject: Foreign Trade Zones. This is unbelievable at first, but you will soon realize that there are several motives for the global communists to physically weave our United States territory together with communist China. Read On! Here's what is going on!

Each and every one of our state governors has approved and allocated a certain amount of acres of their U.S. state land to be inhabited by Chinese communists --communists straight from China! They are to set up little towns and live here, supposedly for the purpose of producing Chinese products for sale in the U.S.A. The land the states are giving them for their little towns will be considered "foreign territory"!!! We are told that the laws of the state (in which these Chinese communists dwell) will apply to the communist Foreign Trade Zone (FTZ). Comment: If so, why are they allowed in here!??! Isn't the whole set up unlawful??? There are 257 of these little communist towns to be built all over the United States. Go to this website and see the list of the states, and how many FTZ's are to be erected in each and every state! Our nation is being peppered all over with these communist closed towns called "zones"! This insane brainstorm by Washington, D.C. officials was just recently discovered by alert citizens in the State of Idaho, where an FTZ is being built there, just south of Boise, Idaho, possibly 30,000 acres of Idaho is going to be used for that FTZ.

This is shocking. With these types of political maneuvers, I wonder how long it will be before China has an army all across the U.S., but I better not go there, eh?

Hey Guys and Gals, what a great way to quarter a very large number of clandestine troops ( oops... er uh thats peoples republic workers or

some such I meant to say...snicker...) in the entire continental area of the U.S., to assist in handling the rebellious ones when they get uppity

about takeovers and such. If I had more time I think I could milk this subject a bit more but I will digress and leave some for someone else to

pick up on. Sleep soundly tonight! I know I will.

NMGarand

This is shocking. With these types of political maneuvers, I wonder how long it will be before China has an army all across the U.S., but I better not go there, eh?

Hi jon29, well..... since you asked (and it's friday night in the rumor bar).... here's some excerpts

"I am updating this article because so many people are hitting it all of a sudden. The latest in information about Chinese troops in Mexico, along the border, and incursions into American airspace."

May 17th, 2011

Last Thursday (May 11th) was quite a stressful day. A report came in at around 6:30pm from our people near New Mexico on the Mexican border that two Chinese KIO Spotter helicopters had been seen entering US airspace. The two contacts were told by their superiors to keep it quiet. After our man on the ground got the message out he sent out a second message saying that his location had just been approached by Govt. Officials.

Approximately 25 min. after the second message all communication was lost with him and his unit. Our contact was unable to be reached for several hours. It was not until later that evening that I received an OK from my source letting me know that our contact was OK.

We expect to hear more details from a briefing that is classified regarding time, location, and individuals tonight on the conversation he had with our contact and the chain of events that took place on Thursday.

We have had independent verification of the Chinese choppers sighted you can read that here from the initial post and reply.

AND...

Vigilant Guard - Chinese Military and Helicopter Sorties On The Mexico - U.S. Border pdf_button.png printButton.png emailButton.png Written by The Watchman Thursday, 19 May 2011 11:49 lg-share-en.gif

Here is the full report (from our sources) on Chinese incursions into U.S. territory, communications being cut, testing of response times to perceived assaults. This also includes more information about Drug Cartel activities which seem to be escalating on the border.

I have received this via my classified resources. Some people might be inclined to think I am merely "self promoting" as one individual put it, but I am merely passing on information that I receive. What do I have to gain? I have more to lose for reporting this than I have to gain.

Take the information for what it is worth and figure out what it means for you and your preparations.

The Strong Watchman

Real or not?

Thanks for the insight and info!!!!!

• Upvote 1

Yes I saw it early this morning. Was so good to hear it from the news yes they said it!!!!.

I believe they are referring to the peace dividend as the enormous reduction of expense due to the U.S.A not having such an active military role along with troop withdrawal . Not the rv of the dinar .!!!!!

***///

wow... just did a 'googly' [peace dividend iraq]...

Bam!

But it's all for nought...

we still continue to be the only ones paying interest on our loans...

If we collected all the interest alone, much lesss the actual debt, others owed us on our loans to their countries,

it wouldn't pull our a--es completely outta the fire - but it'd go a long way to helpin' us out,

but the same misguide do-gooders who believed NAFTA was a good thing,

(and in the course of THAT DEBACLE FORGAVE ALL THE INTEREST AND DEBT owed us then,)

are allowing us to go into deeper and deeper into debt under this administration

and wouldn't want us picking on some fledgling nation trying to get what we put into their liberation back in some way, whether it be cash or oil....

Good thing I have my monopoly money...

at least it's shiney & new and interesting to look at.

Real or not?

Then it doesn't apply to us...for we are never out of war long enough to enjoy it. We have been at war with somebody, on and off around the globe, for decades, with only a few years in between wars. We are a warmongering nation. Or at least Washington is.

I would like my Piece Dividend paid out in $8 to the british pound. Now that would give me peace with a dividend I could live with. B)