Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

How Do You Get Paid In Iraq?

Average Bear

Just wondering, if you work in Iraq,have a contract or sell something to the government, how do you get paid? a fistfull of Dinars? Electronic transfer to your bank? Is it in USD or IQD?Is the Dinar used anywhere in big bussiness or just for street level transactions/ I ask this only out of curiousity to how much the Dinar is actually used. Feel free to leave a guess or opinion if you want, but if anybody really knows I would appreciate it. Thanks

• Upvote 1

It is my feeling that any work done in Iraq, whether it is supplying a shipload of steel, to sweeping the sidewalks, is done one a price negotiated up front, and paid that way when complete. Some things, like the shipload of steel are most likely paid for in dollars. And though some people may sweep the street for dinar, I would bet that the bright ones would hold out for dollars. I relative of a neighbour just returned from there and said almost nothing is paid for in dinar. The US dollars is accepted everywhere, and for every kind of service ... said with a "wink wink" ... take it as you wish.

:)

smee2

• Upvote 1

All Iraqui's are using the dollar for all monetary negotiations since the dinar right now is not worth the paper it is printed on. This will continue until Dr. Shabibi RV's the dinar. He wants to have the dinar to at least equal the dollar so that his people stop using the dollar in their transactions and rely on the dinar. When will this hppen?? Shabibi is the only one who knows but I believe it has to be soon because inflation continues to grow! We shall see!

• Upvote 2

Well you get paid in RV'd Dinars, of course. Didn't you hear? The in country RV happened in July, oh and then it also happened in Aug, Sep, Oct, Nov and Dec. It happens ever time Iraq has to make payroll. You should check out all of the Gurus for more information. B):DB):D

IMO...Most dinars are used for in-couintry payments, on projects, like when we see things being paid for in large amounts, whereby the dinar is mentioned as per the payments...then I'm sure that just like everywhere else, it is just an electronic or paper payment anyway...to a dinar denominated in-country type payment system...but, anything outside their borders would surely and seemingly be in U.S. Dollars...as we've even heard that the U.S. was fiunneling them appx. 1.5 Billion U.S. Dollars per day to operate on...not to mention the plane loads of U.S. Cash that we've heard about, that has and maybe still is being flown into Iraq, so as for them to operate on...In a nutshell, I seriously believe that they have to wean themselves off of the U.S. Dollar, and when the Dinar is Revalued, the U.S.Dollar will cease to exist as the primary form of payment in or out of Iraq?

P.S. Have we ever even seen where a foreign country was being paid in dinars that left the country......as I would assume if they were, that their company was already in Iraq...and/or if they recieved payment in dinars, they probably converted it back over to their currency, at least before the funds left Iraq?

I said it yesterday in a post and ill say it again here today, if Iraq wants the dinar to become the used currency then they will need to make it have more purchasing power than the dollar that they mostly use now.... so I speculate that the RV MUST be worth more than the USD for the iraqis to use dinar for purchases.

If it goes 1:1 then dinar and USD will be equal and i doubt they will be like "lets switch to dinars"....now if they RV at (just say) $1.45 then the dinar will be worth using against the USD and more likely to be used. :bow:

so with that being said....I sure hope the Iraqi Govmt is thinking like i am... and RV more than 1:1....anything less....would be uncivilized :twothumbs::tiphat:

GOOOOOOO RV......

Edited by NeedRv
  • Upvote 4

I said it yesterday in a post and ill say it again here today, if Iraq wants the dinar to become the used currency then they will need to make it have more purchasing power than the dollar that they mostly use now.... so I speculate that the RV MUST be worth more than the USD for the iraqis to use dinar for purchases.

If it goes 1:1 then dinar and USD will be equal and i doubt they will be like "lets switch to dinars"....now if they RV at (just say) $1.45 then the dinar will be worth using against the USD and more likely to be used. :bow:

so with that being said....I sure hope the Iraqi Govmt is thinking like i am... and RV more than 1:1....anything less....would be uncivilized :twothumbs::tiphat:

GOOOOOOO RV......

OUT OF ALL THE POST THAT I'VE TRIED TO UNDERSTAND WHEN IT COMES TO UNDERSTANDING WHAT I'VE READ, YOURS, NO! THIS POST IS THE MOST I'VE UNDERSTOOD. THANKS FOR THE UNDERSTANDING. GO RV! :D

Just wondering, if you work in Iraq,have a contract or sell something to the government, how do you get paid? a fistfull of Dinars? Electronic transfer to your bank? Is it in USD or IQD?Is the Dinar used anywhere in big bussiness or just for street level transactions/ I ask this only out of curiousity to how much the Dinar is actually used. Feel free to leave a guess or opinion if you want, but if anybody really knows I would appreciate it. Thanks

Camels and goats.