Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

IRAQ CHAPTER 7 TO END IN 2012

Mac63 Iraq's work week begins on Saturday. All arab work weeks begin on

Saturday. Friday is the muslin arab prayer day across the middle east.

So you were close with Sunday, but it is Saturday that is the first day of the

work week. their weekend is Thursday, Friday.

God Bless ALL

Iraq and kuwait still have not achieved mandates for border demarcation. Dont forget about the mega clash over the port of mubarak. i would think the un would want to see resolve or at least an agreement before they release iraq from ch7. So if maliki comes back from kuwait with that settled it will look very promising.

IMO that is exactly what will happen...a signed agreement to resolve with UN & US help....not enough time on the clock now.

We've got a great discussion going here about possible timelines and you are navel gazing. Very odd. blink.gif

Sorry, I don't mean to pick on you, I just don't get it! The world's in the worse financial straights in generations and your worried about your wifes birthday present.

I should have just sat on my hands, but come on!!

His attitude toward his wife is much different than your attitude toward her, and toward her birthday, and toward her birthday gift. He is apparently a good husband, and his wife's birthday gift is meaningful to him. Take a lesson. If you have a wife, or if you ever do have a wife, she will be happier, and thus, so will you, if you pay attention to such important events, or if you prefer, to such small details. In this life, we only get so many birthdays, very few actually, and thus, I think they are all important.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

God Bless ALL

This is the first time I have ever heard Thursday and Friday. The banks are open on Thursday, as well as the government. Iraq's weekend is Friday and Saturday:

Iraq Business Part 1 - Working in Iraq

o Working practices in Iraq

• As a general rule, business hours in Iraq are 8.00 am to 4.00 pm. Government

organisations work from 8:00 am to 1:00 pm or 2:00 pm. Some private businesses are

available to work from Sunday to Thursday. Friday is an Islamic holy day.

Take care and enjoy your weekend. B)

God Bless ALL

Thanks for the clarification. I stand corrected.

That actually bodes even better to an RV happening this weekend or into next week. Giving more folks the opportunity to get to banks etc.

Mak63

Nice to see Chapter 7 is finally coming to an end. Hopefully things will move fast after this happens, but it seems everything is coming together, slowly but surely. That's how Iraq works, can't wait for the potential to reinvest the money we make off of this. My advice is to look seriously into reinvestment(taken with a grain of salt, cuz it's my 2 cents) :). It would be nice to be a millionaire, but wouldn't you rather be a billionaire? Sorry lol, I just got done watching the Social Networking movie! Anyways well wishes to everyone invested in this blessing known as the Iraqi Dinar, especially those that have been in it for the 5-8 year long haul. Adam has some great opportunities for us all, and if your not V.I.P., I would strongly recommend looking into it. Love all around for erbody LMAO ;)

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Another item that Scooter addressed was that Iraq had to create a track record: payments, establishment of a government, following fiscal advice, etc. They have done this. They have paid their bills, established a government, created necessary laws.... As far as I know, 18 Billion is still owed to Kuwait and they pay 5% of their oil revenue on a quarterly basis to Kuwait. I would not think that an RV would be held up when the structure for payment is there, they have been compliant, and they have the ability to continue making payments. Iraq has established their track record and credit history, so to speak.

It's not so much that they were being compliant as they were forced to do the compensation, and during the life of the DFI it was done for them. There are also other issues still remaining with Kuwait that Iraq seems to not be very eager to address, mainly the property and missing persons. That has been brought up numerous times by Ban Ki Moon as something that Iraq still needs to address.

I doubt that without the stigma of Chapter 7 resolutions hanging over their head that Iraq would be inclined to do anything towards Kuwait.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Expect an official announcement when Maliki meets with Obama next week at the WH. This coincides with Obama declaring the Iraq War officially over. This paves the way for RV any time after Christmas or New Year's. What a great way to welcome in 2012.

I wondered how long it would be before some one said Christmas or New Year's 2012.

Go figure, yet another year will go past.......Will it be a good Easter after that? :blink: